RealModScene
Emusnes

File Manager error when copying from USB

I am having trouble copying one specific game to the internal HDD. I have tried different USB drives and I get the same error every time on about 100 files with *.raw extension.

Any idea what error 82 is and please don''t judge me on the game itself?   :)

{ "time" : "13:09:48.954", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "error", "filter" : "PasteFileOperation", "message" : "Error: 82.  Failed to copy Usb0:\\Games\\Barbie Puppy Rescue\\SOUND\\d646a699.raw to Hdd1:\\Games\\Barbie Puppy Rescue\\SOUND\\d646a699.raw" }

Exact same error when using FTP. I even tried a different source of the game files. Not sure what the problem is with this game.

7 minutes ago, Emusnes said:

Exact same error when using FTP. I even tried a different source of the game files. Not sure what the problem is with this game.

Have you made the iso into a GoD format?? And used it that way?? Some games dislike extracted format..

GoD format worked first try. Transfer was way faster too since the game wasn't 6000 files. I have always used extracted files, any reason I shouldn't just use GoD for all my games?

Also, I wasn't sure what option to use for padding. I selected "Full (ISO Rebuilt)"and the game loaded fine.

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, Emusnes said:

GoD format worked first try. Transfer was way faster too since the game wasn't 6000 files. I have always used extracted files, any reason I shouldn't just use GoD for all my games?

Also, I wasn't sure what option to use for padding. I selected "Full (ISO Rebuilt)"and the game loaded fine.

Thanks for the help!

Some games dont like the padding removed.. So if it doesnt boot, just build it other way lol.. 

Sometimes files are finicky and some can not be placed on the internal drive due to character limits or them having special characters.. Disc and GoD bypass these restrictions of fatx 

Any idea how to handle the multi disc game Blue Dragon when using GoD format? Or should I just stick to extracted files for that game?

Thanks

16 hours ago, Emusnes said:

Any idea how to handle the multi disc game Blue Dragon when using GoD format? Or should I just stick to extracted files for that game?

Thanks

For that particular game.. You can extract all the discs, and merge them into one folder.. Just like with ff13 I believe.. 

But you can also GoD each disc if you so chose