Jump to content
RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
loady

MAME.ini dual rom folders

Recommended Posts

I have mame running fine, however, i have about 7gb of ROMS, they will not go into one ROMS folder, so i made a second folder, ROMS2, for the life of me i have tried every option in the mame.ini  to get it to see the second folder, the roms in the default mame roms folder are the one that show up in game, roms in roms2 folder do not, i have tried putting another roms folder inside roms, i tried editing the ini file...cant get it to see the second folder...any ideas ?

the default dirs are...

RomsPath0 = game:\roms
RomsPath1 = usb0:\roms
RomsPath2 = usb1:\roms
RomsPath3 = hdd1:\roms

ive tried...

adding another path RomsPath4 = hdd1:\roms2........... didnt work

                                     RomsPath3 = hdd1:\roms;roms2

 

 

 

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/artwork

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/autobootsaves

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/cfg

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/general

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/hdimages

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/hiscores

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/ini

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/Media

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/nvram

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/roms

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/samples

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/screenshots

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/Shaders

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/SYSTEM

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/%5B%20EUA%20%5D%20_%20MAME72_Release8_2018%20Readme.txt

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/mame.txt

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/mame_0.72.xex

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/mame_0.72_Release8%202018_src_fix.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 6:32 AM, loady said:

I have mame running fine, however, i have about 7gb of ROMS, they will not go into one ROMS folder, so i made a second folder, ROMS2, for the life of me i have tried every option in the mame.ini  to get it to see the second folder, the roms in the default mame roms folder are the one that show up in game, roms in roms2 folder do not, i have tried putting another roms folder inside roms, i tried editing the ini file...cant get it to see the second folder...any ideas ?

the default dirs are...

RomsPath0 = game:\roms
RomsPath1 = usb0:\roms
RomsPath2 = usb1:\roms
RomsPath3 = hdd1:\roms

ive tried...

adding another path RomsPath4 = hdd1:\roms2........... didnt work

                                     RomsPath3 = hdd1:\roms;roms2

 

 

 

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/artwork

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/autobootsaves

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/cfg

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/general

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/hdimages

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/hiscores

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/ini

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/Media

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/nvram

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/roms

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/samples

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/screenshots

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/Shaders

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/SYSTEM

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/%5B%20EUA%20%5D%20_%20MAME72_Release8_2018%20Readme.txt

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/mame.txt

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/mame_0.72.xex

ftp://xboxftp@192.168.11.11/Hdd1/emulators/MAME/mame_0.72_Release8%202018_src_fix.zip

Have you tried:

Device:/roms/A-J/

Device:/roms/K-Z/

 

?? Lol.. 

 

Edit:

There is a limit of 4000ish files in a folder.. The rom sizes doubtfully equal to the file limit size..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 1:26 AM, felida said:

Have you tried:

Device:/roms/A-J/

Device:/roms/K-Z/

 

?? Lol.. 

 

Edit:

There is a limit of 4000ish files in a folder.. The rom sizes doubtfully equal to the file limit size..

No, didnt try that, there was no mention of adding those parameters anywhere, trust me i have thousands and thousands of them, i wittled them down as well, getting rid of many clones...the main folder does contain some bioses, not sure whter they are needed or not but i left them in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, loady said:

No, didnt try that, there was no mention of adding those parameters anywhere, trust me i have thousands and thousands of them, i wittled them down as well, getting rid of many clones...the main folder does contain some bioses, not sure whter they are needed or not but i left them in

Well try and let me know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...