RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
dark alex

Plugin Idea: Messenger

Hello community,

I would like to present you an Idea I had in relation to FS3 / LiNK.

I would really love to be able to send a message to my Friends like you can do with a Wii. May it be a invitation to a game session or anything else. Just like an SMS on XBox.

Sure it would be possible to create a homebrew App but that would not be the same. This feature would hav to be implemented in FS directly or as a plugin.

I would suggest to put an indicator into the bottom bar whowing total count of mails and unread mails.

Further I would suggest merging the system with LiNK as you are already registered there if you use networking functionality.

Mails should be stored on the server and downloaded on demand. As soon as the mail is on your XBox it should be deleted from the server.

As backend you could even use a simple email server using SMTP to transmit and POP3 to receive email.

If you do so... What about username@link.jqe360.com

This yould even make it possible to send emails to your xbox! And the send-fom on the side of the box could be like that:

Username/E-Mail:

Subject:

Where the first field would eighter be a comma separated list of users or emails or a mix of both. If there is no @ in a name it will be considered as a username and extended by "@link.jqe360.com"

Probably you could also implement the firend list here...

So many ideas ;)

What do you think of this suggestion? I will love to read your thoughts...

• Like 1

Hi Alex, it has been stated many many many many times that we will be including a messaging feature along with a friends list. If you look at your mini blades you will see that the two options are there but have not yet been enabled. Congratulations though on being the one millionth member to ask about these features :p

On another note, are you the darkAlex from PSP ?

hi JPizzle..would it take too much resources if the messaging system is compatible with kinect? would be nice to chat and use the kinect cam at the same time..but maybe it will ask too much rescources..

Hi JPizzle,

thanks for your fast answer. I did a quick search but did not find anything to be serious =)

No I'm not. And to clear this: I had this nick before the first PSP came out.

puss2puss, I think Video Chat is not an option. How would you chat with many people at the same time?

The only thing I think what would make sense is a peer to peer video in one on one situations. (Video through a server wold cost much bandwidth)

This would require you to open up a port for video receiption though.

BUT

What I meant when talking about a mesaging system is a email-like feature. Not a chatroom.

Though the chatroom would also be cool =)

oh ok.. at first i tought you meant something more like a port of msn-messenger..thats why i tought about the kinect for cam lol