RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jack

Freestyle 3 coverflow lag bug

I have searched but it seems no one is having this issue.

Why is this happening with every install? This happens on JTAG nad RGH alike

It does not depend on the amount of games i have in the list. 

If i switch layout the lag dissapears and returns in few seconds. Why?

no this is not normal, are you using the default skin ? Is F3 installed on an external USB ?

i had this problems with lot of skins and whats weird is that each time, i felt like i was the only one whith this problem..like with the skin Metro it lags a lot for me and everyone was telling me that there was no lagging at all... i dont know if it depends on the jtag you have..the version of motherboard..or maybe a ram chip that begins to drop i really doubt since its only in skins that it occurs (well for me..) do you have a zephyr ? and for me it happened more frequently when its a skin with lots of coverflow..(but usually now all skins i use are smooooth without lags))

anyway, to fix this when it happened i disactivate either the meteo or the background-ring-animation in the skin's setting and it then comes back to normal ans smooth.

Another case happened to me once, that when it was slow, i changed the hard drive and boum! it went back smooth!..so maybe in this case it the installationh itself on the hard drive, or the cache datas, etc...

Iwould suggest to delete all your skins with filemanager and all files related to those skins in your hard drive (xbox!..not in the pc!..) and then with xexmenu (you dont have to, but thats my suggestion..) transfer the skin in the skin folder in Freestyle, and try it to see if it stills lags. Sometime some skin's temporary data comes in conflic when pasting skins over other without clearing they're old datas..

but anyway, dosent mean its the same problem as i had before, but it looks the same..it dosent lag a lot, but enough to loose the smoothness of the coverflows.. hope it works for you!..or else i hope someone else will be able to help you because it suck to have a lagging coverflow. On the old xbox classic with XBMC, i used to have lots of theme's lag until i solder more RAMS in it..anyway..

or maybe something in your xbox takes other rescources? did you try listening music at the same time to see if it lags more? if it stays the same lag and not more, then i dont think its the rescources..but if with music on, you see coverflows lagging more, then theres a good chance the skin is taking to much rescources..but why someone else would not?..so there's a big chance i'm wrong in my last possibility..

good luck and come back !

Its normal especially if you have a lot of games. Give it a few seconds to load the covers before you start scrolling through.

yah its true that it will take a bit more long if you have tons of games..but anyway this isnt the problem, well for me it wasnt since it was doing that even with only 2 games lol.. so even when its games are loaded to the screen, even after an hour, it will still be laggy...well unless you fix it i mean..and when you switch the coverflow layout (by pressing ''x'' i think) its smooth for about 2 seconde then back to laggy.. anyway, for me i fixed it tottally by doing as i said above so i dont care about that anymore lol..

I have the same issue as puss2puss does when using metro theme(the French one), I think there must be something tricky in that skin because if I translate the skin with xuitt and pack it back to xzp, I can't load it in fsd(well, it is loaded, but just black screen, and the name of the skin is not the one stated in skin.xml, instead it was like blablabla compressed blablabla and the skin preview won't display on the choose skin scene), interesting thing is I can load it in fsd if I unpack it and put that folder in fsd, however fsd will get frozen if I try to go into anyone of the game category scene(x360, kinect, etc)

However I don't have such problem with any other skins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Made a totaly fresh install. To a totally new console. There was no lag but there was still a slowdown in the scrolling speed. (do not know if its normal) If i remeber correctly there was no slowdown on previous releases. 

Then i enabled "show weather on startup" - restart. BAM! lag! 

I disabled it and restarted. No lag. but still slowdown on scrolling speed.

I do not get it how come you guys are not getting this bug. I have made countless number of concoles... maybe its something in my launch.ini wich has allwas been the same.

Link to a video. 

Edit: Confirmed. on previous releases the scrolling speed was allways constant.

And allso confirmed that the "show weather on startup" is the cause for the lag. Assoon as i disable it the lag goes away on all the consoles i have. So now im still in a dillemma. Should i start using the new Freestyle with the slowdown in coverflow scrolling speed or not... 

I hope these bugs will be fixed soon.

Made a totaly fresh install. To a totally new console. There was no lag but there was still a slowdown in the scrolling speed. (do not know if its normal) If i remeber correctly there was no slowdown on previous releases. 

Then i enabled "show weather on startup" - restart. BAM! lag! 

I disabled it and restarted. No lag. but still slowdown on scrolling speed.

I do not get it how come you guys are not getting this bug. I have made countless number of concoles... maybe its something in my launch.ini wich has allwas been the same.

Link to a video. 

Edit: Confirmed. on previous releases the scrolling speed was allways constant.

And allso confirmed that the "show weather on startup" is the cause for the lag. Assoon as i disable it the lag goes away on all the consoles i have. So now im still in a dillemma. Should i start using the new Freestyle with the slowdown in coverflow scrolling speed or not... 

I hope these bugs will be fixed soon.

can you enable weather and cause the lag issue, scroll around a bit (1 minute) and then exit F3 and go into xexmenu (without restarting or reloading F3) FTP in and send me your debug.log (Data/Logs/)

is your xbox plugged to the internet when it does that? if not, try to unable the weather, but while being connected to the internet and see if it still lags.

I think it will lag if you unable weather, but dont connect to the net, as if the weather app is constantly looking for internet.. but still, if for you it dosent change anything when you are connected or not, then do as JPizzle said! :thumbup:  

(...i think the team is including to much network apps or plugin or whatever in  the last 2 big FSD updates, maybe they should revise a little bit they're way to build FSD so that it dosent lag at all when the console isnt connected to the net..but a lot of people may not even notice because sometime its really small lags..anyway...   but still, like i said i might be wrong about that! :blushing: ...but i think FSD3 lags a bit when not connected to the net...but anyway maybe its not even the problem you have. :baby: )

• Like 1

JPizzle saied he found the problem. Suggested to disable weather for now.

As for the slowdown that is normal. And i quote.

as for the slow down when using the triggers, they are not meant for scrolling but jumping. and that is why they jump and stop.

to be honest i liked the constant scroll speed better :p

Thank you JPizzle and anyone who took the time to reply (Y)