RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
cannellizer

LiNK using Phone Hotspot

Hey folks I thought I would just make a post to let everyone know the set up that I use for LiNK. I don't have a router, but I am able to use my Android phone as a hotspot which I connect to from my 360 to. I have had no trouble at all using LiNK. I didn't need to do the port tests or anything for the router method. ( I did do them, they failed, but it still works) Anyway, I found a comment deep in a thread about someone mentioning a friend they had doing this, but I figured I would bring it more to light and share my experience so that folks know about this method.

Thanks

To be completely honest, I don't track my data usage, only because I have unlimited data. I'm with sprint, and yes it truly is unlimited. At any rate, the next time I play, I can track the data usage on it and report back. Great question.

Yes Sprint does have the capability to monitor your usage if you use their app "Hot Spot", but after you root your phone, you can use other apps like WiFi Tether, and you are good.

you can also use 3G Watch dog Pro. It monitors all of your data and has a cool widget too + I don't think you have to be rooted to use it.

Yes Sprint does have the capability to monitor your usage if you use their app "Hot Spot", but after you root your phone, you can use other apps like WiFi Tether, and you are good.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. If I use 500mb data using sprint hotspot or 500mb data using WiFi tether, my sprint usage report will show 500mb of data used. Either way, sprint knows.The only difference is that when Using a 3rd party tethering application, sprint doesn't necessarily know that data was used from tethering.Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

i use my hspa(umts) connection shared via lan and i have lot of trouble, i can access to link section, i see rooms,player but after i select the rooms i can't join in the games because i can't see it. The only way (but very very buggy) is use openVPN and free vpn connection (vpnbook.com).

With this method openvpn make a tunnel and sometimes link see some rooms (on games), but sometimes after i press A the link stop and say to me ERROR (probably i haven't latest dlc).

Sometimes i join on games.... iam not pass any test.

I have try with vigor2800g router (with my umts dongle on it) but link not see that router (it is very old).

so i think that, probably some ISP (umts,3g or 4g) block the udp port.... any suggestion? 

The vpnbook is blocking the udp ports.... pay for vpn cheap...

I use premium vpn with 3g and i not have problem.

I use this: (not easy setup)

Openvps settings:

http://tuneshub.blogspot.no/2013/09/openvpn-for-rooted-android-gingerbread.html?m=1

I'm installed this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mgranja.iptables&hl=hu

For wifi tethering:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=og.android.tether

settings:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1993689

Tapatalk 2-vel küldve az én Atlas W-ről