RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Gumdoc

Title Update Issue

Ok, this one is driving me crazy:

I have Oblivion that I'm trying to run (the original, not GOTY, so just one disc). I had constant issues where it would freeze at the New Game select screen, only way out was to do a hard reset of my Xbox 360. Read that it's likely a problem with a missing Title Update, so I found the appropriate one on Unity and downloaded it. It's a TU_XXXX file. I know that sometimes the TU goes in the Cache folder, sometimes in the content/0000000000000000/425307D1/000B0000 folder. Put the file in both and boom, I got past the New Game select. Closed it out. Tried it again 5 minutes later and back to the freezing.

So, here's the strange part: The TU file was gone, from both the Cache AND the 000B00000 folder. What the...? Tried putting it back in both locations and booted up the game...it froze. Went back and sure enough, the file was gone from both locations. Tried to put it in just the Cache folder...freezes and file gone. Tried just the 425307D1/000B0000 folder...same problem, freezes at the game select, and file deleted from the folder.

Any idea what in the world could be causing this type of behavior? If I put a file in a folder, whether it's the Cache or a content subfolder, how does that file disappear when I reboot the system?

Thanks for any help.

Because you didn't scan and activate it.. Aurora will delete the tu if no tu is selected in the menu..

And fyi, TU_ ones go into cache.. If you let aurora download the title update thru xbox.. It would be in correct location..

Thanks for your help, that did it!

Is this something I have to do for all title updates? I have dozens of games with title updates, I just assumed that Aurora was enabling all of them. There were two title updates listed, is the fact that I had it in two places what caused the issue, that Aurora saw there were two and didn't know which one to enable?

6 hours ago, Gumdoc said:

Thanks for your help, that did it!

Is this something I have to do for all title updates? I have dozens of games with title updates, I just assumed that Aurora was enabling all of them. There were two title updates listed, is the fact that I had it in two places what caused the issue, that Aurora saw there were two and didn't know which one to enable?

No, lol.. If no tu is activated, aurora will delete the file because that is what you are doing.. No tu.... Now same principal applies, if you activate a different TU.. Then aurora will see that it isnt the correct one that you want activated, then delete it, and move the correct one in..