RealModScene
GrandMasterSkel

Og xbox, installing hdd from previous xbox into new xbox?

How would i go about moving a hard drive with xbmc dash already installed from a previous xbox to a new xbox?

The previous xbox died.

Is it as easy as just dropping the hdd to the new xbox???

Sorry to say but it probably won't work because the internal drive serial number on it will be different from the new one you're trying to add it to.  I'm currently going through a similar process upgrading my drive to a bigger drive and I'm learning the hard way.  lol

What I did was took the smaller drive out and put in the bigger drive - make sure that the new drive is formatted INTERNALLY as it will ask for serial number of your console (found in system info) before formating (I know, what a pain in the ass).  Don't make the mistake *I* did by formatting it using any of the external USB ports.

Once you've entered your serial number, your new drive should be good to go.  THEN you can start the painful process of copying all your files from the old drive to the new drive.

hrrrmmm... in hindsight, I wonder if there's a way to simply change the serial number on your old drive so you wouldn't have to go through this whole process?  (I dunno, maybe something worth looking into if you're feeling adventurous)

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Relentless said:

Sorry to say but it probably won't work because the internal drive serial number on it will be different from the new one you're trying to add it to.  I'm currently going through a similar process upgrading my drive to a bigger drive and I'm learning the hard way.  lol

What I did was took the smaller drive out and put in the bigger drive - make sure that the new drive is formatted INTERNALLY as it will ask for serial number of your console (found in system info) before formating (I know, what a pain in the ass).  Don't make the mistake *I* did by formatting it using any of the external USB ports.

Once you've entered your serial number, your new drive should be good to go.  THEN you can start the painful process of copying all your files from the old drive to the new drive.

hrrrmmm... in hindsight, I wonder if there's a way to simply change the serial number on your old drive so you wouldn't have to go through this whole process?  (I dunno, maybe something worth looking into if you're feeling adventurous)

Good luck!

Op isnt talking about 360 hdd.. Talking about original xbox

aaahhhhh....  icic.  Sorry, didn't notice the "og" next to the xbox in the subject line.

I think it'd be the same scenario unfortunately but worse.  I can't think of any other way to access the original drive without your old xbox thanks to m$ security.

2 hours ago, Relentless said:

aaahhhhh....  icic.  Sorry, didn't notice the "og" next to the xbox in the subject line.

I think it'd be the same scenario unfortunately but worse.  I can't think of any other way to access the original drive without your old xbox thanks to m$ security.

I have no clue.. Lol.. But I'll ask some people.. As I never messed with og xbox like ever.. Lmao

hrrrmm.. come to think of it you can possibly use xboxhdm tool but you need to have your Executor XBOX eeprom backed up in order to unlock it.  I might've dabbled in it eons ago but gave up after a while when I couldn't figure it out.

You need to unlock the old hard drive. If was built with xboxhdm the password should be XBOXSCENE or TEAMASSEMBLY.

Once hard drive unlocked you need to lock drive to new console. I find chimp to be easyest. You dont need to clone or anythink other than locked hard drive.

Once finished its a good idear to null the eeprom using rocky5 softmod tool incase you ever need to replace hard drive agen.

Rocky5 also has updated chimp. It can be found on his github along with his softmod pack.

https://github.com/Rocky5?tab=repositories