RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Relentless

Scan only seeing 1 game and not seeing the rest...

Hi Guys,

I recently updated my HDD1 to a 2tb drive and it's got about 500 games on there and updated to the latest Aurora 0.7b r1622.  After doing a Scan Aurora was only seeing 1 game and not the rest, I found a thread on here about someone having the same issue and swizzy recommended deleting the data Aurora's folder but unfortunately it didn't work for me.  

I figure maybe at this point it could be an issue with the hard drive itself so I ran the disk utilities downloaded from SEAGATE's site and ran the slow and long test (which took 2 days to complete) and the results said the drive was fine.

I'm stumped, not sure what else to do.  Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated!

2 hours ago, Relentless said:

Hi Guys,

I recently updated my HDD1 to a 2tb drive and it's got about 500 games on there and updated to the latest Aurora 0.7b r1622.  After doing a Scan Aurora was only seeing 1 game and not the rest, I found a thread on here about someone having the same issue and swizzy recommended deleting the data Aurora's folder but unfortunately it didn't work for me.  

I figure maybe at this point it could be an issue with the hard drive itself so I ran the disk utilities downloaded from SEAGATE's site and ran the slow and long test (which took 2 days to complete) and the results said the drive was fine.

I'm stumped, not sure what else to do.  Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated!

Did you set the scan depth to 9? 

1 hour ago, Relentless said:

Yes I did, tried various scan depths too.

You might have it only going to that one folder by accident.. 

This is something that is misleading.. When you press the selected folder, you have to have that folder highlighted.. Not actually be inside the folder.. Its hard to explain but I will try:

For example I will use the normal content folder..

Hdd/content/00000000000/

Now in this folder you see all the title id's.. But that is a step to far..

You need to be in:

Hdd/content/

With the 000000000 folder highlighted, then press the confirm.. 

Edit: yes it is 16 0's.. I was just giving an example..

Another example would be:

USB/my games/

In this you would see your games in their subfolder names..

But you would need to just go into

USB/

And highlight "my games" then press the confirm..

YUP, I did that too.  Confirmed my scan paths. 

I'm using: 

HDD1/Xbox 360

HDD1/XBLA

(In hindsight, does Aurora automatically detect whether the game is Xbox 360 or XBLA?  If so, I guess there's no need for me to separate my games into XBLA/X360 folders then-unless this is where I have to used modified filters?  It's been a while lol)

All the games are recognized on my Falcon RGH but for whatever reason, it's not being recognized on my Corona RGH.

I think I'll try a fresh install of Aurora on the Corona RGH, when I transferred it over originally, I tried to keep all the previous game art and title updates so maybe that messed things up?

I wish Aurora had a better way to handle existing Art and Title Updates without the need to re-download everything.  Maybe this can be a future feature to incorporate?

1 hour ago, Relentless said:

YUP, I did that too.  Confirmed my scan paths. 

I'm using: 

HDD1/Xbox 360

HDD1/XBLA

(In hindsight, does Aurora automatically detect whether the game is Xbox 360 or XBLA?  If so, I guess there's no need for me to separate my games into XBLA/X360 folders then-unless this is where I have to used modified filters?  It's been a while lol)

All the games are recognized on my Falcon RGH but for whatever reason, it's not being recognized on my Corona RGH.

I think I'll try a fresh install of Aurora on the Corona RGH, when I transferred it over originally, I tried to keep all the previous game art and title updates so maybe that messed things up?

I wish Aurora had a better way to handle existing Art and Title Updates without the need to re-download everything.  Maybe this can be a future feature to incorporate?

Yeah.. I always say to use a fresh copy of aurora.. And aurora can tell the type.. So can the xbox.. All games go into the content folder in the legit side as well.. Lol.. There is no need to separate them.. 

The quick view filters are what seperates them if need be.. 

And technically aurora does handle stuff when updating.. Just not when swapping to a different xbox.. As it wasnt intended to be "hotswapped" persay..

UPDATE!  

Okay, so tried reverting back to Aurora 0.6b to see if that would make a difference - NOPE!

So ended up re-formatting drive again internally (putting in serial no. for the drive - not formatting through external USB port)

Installed fresh Aurora 0.7b.1 hotfix again but this time only copied 3 games to test and bingo!  it worked, not sure why it didn't work before, 2nd times the charm I guess.

Currently copying the rest of the games as we speak.  Going to try copying in batches instead of all them all at once...  Should be done in a day or two.  will report back...

Whhooo hooo!

Transfers finally complete on both Corona and Jasper boxes!

There are a TON of games I've yet to play and/or re-play!  Can't wait, good times!!!

GO RAPTORS!