RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
loady

View HDD on pc

I am trying to find a quick way to dump extracted games to an Xbox HDD, I am doing it from a fat32 usb drive and have it connected via esata to the pc, I have connected the Xbox HDD directly to the pc  via SATA, I can't see the file system, is there software that I can view it with along with the games drive and transfer, a bit like windows explorer?

5 minutes ago, loady said:

I am trying to find a quick way to dump extracted games to an Xbox HDD, I am doing it from a fat32 usb drive and have it connected via esata to the pc, I have connected the Xbox HDD directly to the pc  via SATA, I can't see the file system, is there software that I can view it with along with the games drive and transfer, a bit like windows explorer?

The fastest way? Just use the darn xbox.. With any file manager app..

You can not plain view the hdd in pc.. You would need a 3rd party app.. 

Or you can just keep the USB drive?? As of 17349 their USB setup has changed

1 hour ago, felida said:

The fastest way? Just use the darn xbox.. With any file manager app..

You can not plain view the hdd in pc.. You would need a 3rd party app.. 

Or you can just keep the USB drive?? As of 17349 their USB setup has changed

The usb drive is the archive, I have multiple boxes to put games on.

So, what apps will read the Xbox HDD as well as the archive drive

40 minutes ago, loady said:

The usb drive is the archive, I have multiple boxes to put games on.

So, what apps will read the Xbox HDD as well as the archive drive

any pc will read your usb drive.. you need an app like party buffalo to view the internal hdd

3 hours ago, felida said:

any pc will read your usb drive.. you need an app like party buffalo to view the internal hdd

Yes, the usb drive is not the problem, so party buffalo will read the Xbox file system on its HDD ?

55 minutes ago, loady said:

Yes, the usb drive is not the problem, so party buffalo will read the Xbox file system on its HDD ?

Yes.. But it is not free.. Lol.. The easiest/cheapest way? Just plug in USB on console and copy over whatever

2 hours ago, felida said:

Yes.. But it is not free.. Lol.. The easiest/cheapest way? Just plug in USB on console and copy over whatever

Way sloooooower that doing it over the SATA bus...I'll see if I can obtain a free copy of party buffalo. I'm sure I have seen something like HDD explorer for the 360 on xbins.

23 hours ago, loady said:

Way sloooooower that doing it over the SATA bus...I'll see if I can obtain a free copy of party buffalo. I'm sure I have seen something like HDD explorer for the 360 on xbins.

Ok my bad.. Party buffalo is free.. Fatxplorer is not.. Lol.. Damn this getting old thing

On 5/25/2019 at 8:34 AM, felida said:

Ok my bad.. Party buffalo is free.. Fatxplorer is not.. Lol.. Damn this getting old thing

Got a sneaky feeling that party buffalo doesn't allow me.to write to the drive. I had another idea though, could I plug the archive HDD of game where the Xbox DVD ROM normally goes and view it via aurora file management, I can power the via the usb caddy

8 hours ago, loady said:

Got a sneaky feeling that party buffalo doesn't allow me.to write to the drive. I had another idea though, could I plug the archive HDD of game where the Xbox DVD ROM normally goes and view it via aurora file management, I can power the via the usb caddy

try fatxplorer.. it gives a 3 day trial

10 hours ago, loady said:

Worth a try..bet it's got a limit on transfer size

There is free app called Velocity. Good for moving games, files to Xbox HDD and other stuff

3 hours ago, SENTIN3LiS said:

There is free app called Velocity. Good for moving games, files to Xbox HDD and other stuff

Didnt think velocity did that.. I thought it was more like le fluffie.. But again.. Never needed it to look at hdds and such

22 hours ago, SENTIN3LiS said:

This is my HDD.

Also, very simple to use this app

Xbox hdd.png

I didnt say it couldn't.. I just said I didnt think it did that.. Lol.. I've used velocity plenty to create custom dlc back in the day for minecraft.. My own texture packs and whatnot.. It is a very good app altogether tho

On 6/1/2019 at 9:20 AM, SENTIN3LiS said:

This is my HDD.

Also, very simple to use this app

Xbox hdd.png

On 6/2/2019 at 8:08 AM, felida said:

I didnt say it couldn't.. I just said I didnt think it did that.. Lol.. I've used velocity plenty to create custom dlc back in the day for minecraft.. My own texture packs and whatnot.. It is a very good app altogether tho

Looks like my solution

• Like 1

Yet to see if it lets me transfer game folders

On 6/5/2019 at 5:44 PM, Relentless said:

Dayem, I could've used this a week or two ago!!  :rant:

alas, neither of these programs do what i need, i still cant see the xbox hdd filesytem, as you would see it in filemanager on aurora, i think these are more for injecting core files into a retailk systems as opposed to a "windows explorer" enviroment...so, lookks like im stuck to tranferring via usb, not what i wanted, i wanted to be able to transfer over the SATA bus, much, much faster than USB

1 minute ago, loady said:

alas, neither of these programs do what i need, i still cant see the xbox hdd filesytem, as you would see it in filemanager on aurora, i think these are more for injecting core files into a retailk systems as opposed to a "windows explorer" enviroment...so, lookks like im stuck to tranferring via usb, not what i wanted, i wanted to be able to transfer over the SATA bus, much, much faster than USB

What exactly do you mean? The only program that will show you things like aurora filemanager would be 360 content manager and fsd smb setup honestly.. Then you are still limited on ftp to xbox.. 

And the only program that has a windows explorer option would be Fatxplorer.. And it costs after the 3 day trial.. 

And these programs work the xfat partition.. There is no plug and play except for USB methods.. And that only changed recently with dash 17349..