RealModScene
Hammonster

Dynamic Coverflow possibilites?

Hi guys!
First of all, pardon my ignorance, I'm not 100% sure what are the limitations of the coverflows or Aurora's UI. My question is would it be possible with the current version of Aurora without any significant modification to create such a coverflow which might include grouping of games visually on the screen? 

The base idea would look similar to the original dashboard or the Freestyle 3 design. It would have a database of grouped games, or it could already use the filtering method used in the selection menu. You can go left-right on one floor to choose the games of your liking, and then move up-down to a different grouping method (Last played, year released, genre based, kinect, custom groups, etc).

Controlling could be as followed: Left stick/D-pad controlls the selection movement  and the right stick could add visual effects like rotating the cover and zooming out' as it has been used so far.

I have a somewhat decent knowledge in web based UI creation, and I'd love to get involved with creating something like this, but I've clearly not did my homework as I have no idea if Aurora is capable of handling something like this, and would worth trying?

I've attached an image of what my idea would somewhat look like. 

Thanks for reading and probably wasting your time!

coverflow1.png

5 hours ago, Hammonster said:

Hi guys!
First of all, pardon my ignorance, I'm not 100% sure what are the limitations of the coverflows or Aurora's UI. My question is would it be possible with the current version of Aurora without any significant modification to create such a coverflow which might include grouping of games visually on the screen? 

The base idea would look similar to the original dashboard or the Freestyle 3 design. It would have a database of grouped games, or it could already use the filtering method used in the selection menu. You can go left-right on one floor to choose the games of your liking, and then move up-down to a different grouping method (Last played, year released, genre based, kinect, custom groups, etc).

Controlling could be as followed: Left stick/D-pad controlls the selection movement  and the right stick could add visual effects like rotating the cover and zooming out' as it has been used so far.

I have a somewhat decent knowledge in web based UI creation, and I'd love to get involved with creating something like this, but I've clearly not did my homework as I have no idea if Aurora is capable of handling something like this, and would worth trying?

I've attached an image of what my idea would somewhat look like. 

Thanks for reading and probably wasting your time!

coverflow1.png

Is it possible? Yes

With the current setup? No..

The only reason you go left and right is due to the coverflow layout.. If you change it, you can have all the games laid out in a giant Square and move freely up/down.. Left/right..

There are several ideas I have came up with.. But most were shot down lol.. 

On 5/17/2019 at 6:23 PM, felida said:

Is it possible? Yes

With the current setup? No..

The only reason you go left and right is due to the coverflow layout.. If you change it, you can have all the games laid out in a giant Square and move freely up/down.. Left/right..

There are several ideas I have came up with.. But most were shot down lol.. 

Could you please elaborate? There are both limitations with the current Aurora setup and 'not wanting to' implement dynamic layouts?

1 hour ago, Hammonster said:

Could you please elaborate? There are both limitations with the current Aurora setup and 'not wanting to' implement dynamic layouts?

You can change the coverflow to be a giant squareish type with all the games in a table top view.. 

Can you currently have the subviews seperated by categories? no