RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Gumdoc

Aurora Issue with New HDD

So, I decided to replace my small internal HDD on my RGH to a larger 2 TB drive. Copied the entire contents of my HDD1 to a USB drive. Formatted new drive, did the Compatibility fixer thing, etc, copied all files and folders on the USB drive to the new HDD, everything seems to be working fine.

However...when I launch into Aurora, it's as if it's a brand new install, no paths set, none of the scripts, none of my previous settings. I double checked and yes, I had copied the Aurora folder from the root of the old drive to the root of the new one. I went into the old drive and found the folder with my user profile and recopied it, just to make sure I hadn't missed something...but no go. Is there some file, hidden or otherwise, that maintains the Aurora settings so that I don't have re-do the entire setup again?

Thanks for any help.

6 hours ago, Gumdoc said:

So, I decided to replace my small internal HDD on my RGH to a larger 2 TB drive. Copied the entire contents of my HDD1 to a USB drive. Formatted new drive, did the Compatibility fixer thing, etc, copied all files and folders on the USB drive to the new HDD, everything seems to be working fine.

However...when I launch into Aurora, it's as if it's a brand new install, no paths set, none of the scripts, none of my previous settings. I double checked and yes, I had copied the Aurora folder from the root of the old drive to the root of the new one. I went into the old drive and found the folder with my user profile and recopied it, just to make sure I hadn't missed something...but no go. Is there some file, hidden or otherwise, that maintains the Aurora settings so that I don't have re-do the entire setup again?

Thanks for any help.

You'll have to reset it due to the new id of the hdd.. 

Or, change the UUID of the hdd partitions in the db file manually. you will need to hook the hdd up to a computer, to read the current partitions uuid's.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 7:02 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

Or, change the UUID of the hdd partitions in the db file manually. you will need to hook the hdd up to a computer, to read the current partitions uuid's.

Can you please explain how this is done?  To be specific, what program do you use?  where is the db file located?  What do you change it to?

You need sqlitebrowser, and the db files are included in the aurora directory, probably under settings, I dont know off the top of my head. As for the UUID, the easiest way to get that would probably be to run a fresh copy and starting a game scan on the hdd, then copying the info from the db there. I am fairly certain that you want the content.db, and not the settings.db file, but it has been a long time.

• Like 1

Awesome - thanks for that GD!

I ended up re-scanning / downloading all my cover art on my Corona RGH before seeing your response.

As for my Jasper RGH, for some reason after reformatting my new drive via xbox 360 system prefs Party Buffalo and/or Fatxplorer are not recognizing the drive!  I don't get it, I've reformatted and tried prolly 5 times now.  Will prolly transfer everything manually within Aurora with how things are going atm.  Any ideas or suggestions?

3 hours ago, Relentless said:

Awesome - thanks for that GD!

I ended up re-scanning / downloading all my cover art on my Corona RGH before seeing your response.

As for my Jasper RGH, for some reason after reformatting my new drive via xbox 360 system prefs Party Buffalo and/or Fatxplorer are not recognizing the drive!  I don't get it, I've reformatted and tried prolly 5 times now.  Will prolly transfer everything manually within Aurora with how things are going atm.  Any ideas or suggestions?

The hdd could be bad.. 

I hope not, it's a brand new Seagate refurb!  lol

I didn't get any errors when formatting on my mac and nor did I get any errors running disk utlities on it.  So I dunno...  😅

I'm copying via my Jasper as we speak, will report back......

5 hours ago, Relentless said:

I hope not, it's a brand new Seagate refurb!  lol

I didn't get any errors when formatting on my mac and nor did I get any errors running disk utlities on it.  So I dunno...  😅

I'm copying via my Jasper as we speak, will report back......

The fact it is a refurbished hdd.. Says a lot.. Lol.. But.. Even brand new drives can be faulty mate.. 

Your problem is you are formatting it on your computer. Plug it into the xbox, and format it there. The xbox uses a modified version of the fat partition, called xfat, and since the xbox 360 is big endian, the partition type becomes xtaf. This partition type is not supported on actual computers, hince needing party buffalo to inject files into the partitions. It has to reorder the data and stuff like that.

2 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Your problem is you are formatting it on your computer. Plug it into the xbox, and format it there. The xbox uses a modified version of the fat partition, called xfat, and since the xbox 360 is big endian, the partition type becomes xtaf. This partition type is not supported on actual computers, hince needing party buffalo to inject files into the partitions. It has to reorder the data and stuff like that.

The formatting I did on the computer was to test if the drive was messed up or not.  As for the actual prep for transferring the games, I DID format it via XBOX 360 NXE.  It's weird party buffalo and Fatxplorer didn't recognize it.  Oh well, I finished copying the files on my Jasper, took about 5 hrs for 300gb and I ended up with an error msg on Aurora after the end of it.  I'll check out the log when I get home tonight, will most likely do the transfer again via FTP once I pick up my power ethernet adapters tonight (can't wait!).  On my 2nd copy pass will merge the any missed files using ftp.

re-posting my response from wrong thread I responded to prior....

Argh!!!  Figured out the reason why it wasn't being read on partybuffalo or Fatxplorer....   The drive was formatted via xbox external USB port so therefore, hard drive serial number was not on it.  Only way to format a blank drive and to have it function properly is to format it via xbox internal connection NOT via xbox external usb - it'll still format it but it won't show up when you hook it up to operate as the main internal drive.  When formatting internally it'll ask you to enter the consoles serial number (what a pain in the ass)  I wasted so much damn f#$^ing time!  oh well, live and learn!