RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Gumdoc

Aurora Issue with New HDD

So, I decided to replace my small internal HDD on my RGH to a larger 2 TB drive. Copied the entire contents of my HDD1 to a USB drive. Formatted new drive, did the Compatibility fixer thing, etc, copied all files and folders on the USB drive to the new HDD, everything seems to be working fine.

However...when I launch into Aurora, it's as if it's a brand new install, no paths set, none of the scripts, none of my previous settings. I double checked and yes, I had copied the Aurora folder from the root of the old drive to the root of the new one. I went into the old drive and found the folder with my user profile and recopied it, just to make sure I hadn't missed something...but no go. Is there some file, hidden or otherwise, that maintains the Aurora settings so that I don't have re-do the entire setup again?

Thanks for any help.

6 hours ago, Gumdoc said:

So, I decided to replace my small internal HDD on my RGH to a larger 2 TB drive. Copied the entire contents of my HDD1 to a USB drive. Formatted new drive, did the Compatibility fixer thing, etc, copied all files and folders on the USB drive to the new HDD, everything seems to be working fine.

However...when I launch into Aurora, it's as if it's a brand new install, no paths set, none of the scripts, none of my previous settings. I double checked and yes, I had copied the Aurora folder from the root of the old drive to the root of the new one. I went into the old drive and found the folder with my user profile and recopied it, just to make sure I hadn't missed something...but no go. Is there some file, hidden or otherwise, that maintains the Aurora settings so that I don't have re-do the entire setup again?

Thanks for any help.

You'll have to reset it due to the new id of the hdd.. 

Or, change the UUID of the hdd partitions in the db file manually. you will need to hook the hdd up to a computer, to read the current partitions uuid's.