RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Gumdoc

Upgrading to a larger HDD

I know this has been asked in a recent thread, but the steps really aren't clear to me and I was hoping to get some guidance:

I have an internal HDD on my RGH Slim, and while I've been running content from an external drive, life would be easier if I could just have everything on an internal drive. What's the best way to install a larger drive? I'm thinking:

1. FTP all files and folder on the internal drive to my PC. ( I don't have a transfer cable and honestly, don't care if t takes awhile, I only have around 30-40 GB on the existing drive)
2. Install new 2.5" SATA HDD (assume I have to format it through NXE dashboard).
3. FTP the backed up files and folders to the new drive? I'd need to install XEXMenu at the very least so that Filezilla would see the new drive, right?

I guess my main concerns are whether everything I'd need for the new drive (avatars, etc) will copy over if I FTP, and what do I need to put on the new drive in order for Filzilla to see it once it's installed in the 360?

Anything better or easier to do this?

Appreciate the help.

Simply copy everything to external, then install new hdd.. Format via nxe, then run compat fixer for og xb games.. Then copy everything from external to internal.. You WILL need to redo the avatar/kinect update again.. 

I recently picked up a 2tb drive to upgrade my RGH Corona currently sporting a 1tb internally.  

I hooked up both drives to my macbook and currently extracting everything from my 1tb to the new 2tb drive via party buffalo.

Once this is done, I plan on upgrade Aurora too the lastest (might as well right?)  

After everthing is copied I'm sure I'll have to go in and tweak things back to the way they were - however I might try editing my hd ID as per another post I saw elsewhere on here to preserve my previous settings.

UGH....   using partybuffalo to transfer all my games from one xbox drive to another but it's only able to see one drive.  I thought it could see two drives at the same time and be able to copy all games in one pass?  Am I doing something wrong or was this option never available?  anyone ever done this before?

3 hours ago, Relentless said:

UGH....   using partybuffalo to transfer all my games from one xbox drive to another but it's only able to see one drive.  I thought it could see two drives at the same time and be able to copy all games in one pass?  Am I doing something wrong or was this option never available?  anyone ever done this before?

So you originally were and then it didn't?? As your last post said you have everything going??

Now no I haven't.. But have you tried running the program twice? Often referred to as another instance of the same program? Odds are it wont work.. As it would have to setup the environment twice..  

Ok.. I did some reading.. The program that can use multiple drives at once is Fatxplorer

• Thanks 1

aaahhh........  I'll give that a try - thanks!

edit:  wooo hooo, so far so good - This seems to be doing the trick - thanks again for suggesting this!! 

Anyone else in the same situation, don't waste your time with party buffalo.  Get it done with Fatxplorer.

Will report back once done

15 hours ago, Relentless said:

aaahhh........  I'll give that a try - thanks!

edit:  wooo hooo, so far so good - This seems to be doing the trick - thanks again for suggesting this!! 

Anyone else in the same situation, don't waste your time with party buffalo.  Get it done with Fatxplorer.

Will report back once done

Fatxplorer cost.. Lol.. You get a free 3 day trial tho

Yes that's true and there's also a cracked version out there if you look for it.  ;)

Transfer is still going...... 23hrs left for 888gb.

2 hours ago, Relentless said:

Yes that's true and there's also a cracked version out there if you look for it.  ;)

Transfer is still going...... 23hrs left for 888gb.

If youre talking about the old version yeah.. There is one floating around the net.. I wouldnt use that one tho.. As it is missing stuff and whatnot.. Lolol.. But good luck.. Dont try and complain if both hard drives get corrupted either..