RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
loady

select all in file manager

I am creating an xbox RGH extracted games archive, i have come across quite a few games with 100's of files on the root of the disc, the last one was 1141 files i had to check each file to enable copy,  would it be an easy addition to make a select all option in file manager. Whilst writing this i just thought, can i check the DVD drive for copy as opposed to going in the root ?..not in front of xbox to try this.

1 hour ago, loady said:

I am creating an xbox RGH extracted games archive, i have come across quite a few games with 100's of files on the root of the disc, the last one was 1141 files i had to check each file to enable copy,  would it be an easy addition to make a select all option in file manager. Whilst writing this i just thought, can i check the DVD drive for copy as opposed to going in the root ?..not in front of xbox to try this.

If you press and hold the button .. Then move your cursor down.. It will select the files as it scrolls thru the list...

As for the disc.. I dont know if you can simply press copy on the disc.. But you can open the disc.. And select the contents..

You can also pull the trigger and it will scroll a page but it will only select one file each page scroll whilst holding down select, the way suggest is the way I have been doing it, which is fine but when you have over a thousand files on the root of the disc not in a folder it takes ages

You can do that by scripting or put those files on a pc into one directory or something like that.

5 hours ago, loady said:

You can also pull the trigger and it will scroll a page but it will only select one file each page scroll whilst holding down select, the way suggest is the way I have been doing it, which is fine but when you have over a thousand files on the root of the disc not in a folder it takes ages

No.. Do not press the triggers.. You hold X.. Then press down.. You start from the top of the list.. And it will scroll and select all it highlights

On 4/16/2019 at 2:36 PM, felida said:

No.. Do not press the triggers.. You hold X.. Then press down.. You start from the top of the list.. And it will scroll and select all it highlights

yes, but you cant leave it held down, it moves one line only, so release thumb down, do it again....over a thousand time on certain disks. a select all function would be better