RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
loady

extracting discs

i want to create my own xbox 360 readable usb drive with extracted isos ready to dump straight to console, i vaugely remember using a pc to do this to extract the discs to iso's, i have tried xbc, imgburn, dvd extractor, most will start to read but only takes seconds to complete so something is up there..am i missing something, do i need to use a special drive to be able to use the software to extract the disc ?, currently i have a desk top with a dvd drive and have also tried a plug in usb slim dvd drive...any pointers ?

17 minutes ago, loady said:

i want to create my own xbox 360 readable usb drive with extracted isos ready to dump straight to console, i vaugely remember using a pc to do this to extract the discs to iso's, i have tried xbc, imgburn, dvd extractor, most will start to read but only takes seconds to complete so something is up there..am i missing something, do i need to use a special drive to be able to use the software to extract the disc ?, currently i have a desk top with a dvd drive and have also tried a plug in usb slim dvd drive...any pointers ?

You cant use a slim drive without a modded pcb.. You need to put the firmware on a phat drive and rip your disc that way.. Via pc.. You can always put disc in console and rip contents to external.. Without PC

ok, i have numerous xbox drives, im sure i could hook one up. So using the console to rip the games to external, does that result in the format that xbox backup creator does ?, obviously i would need to be aware of dual discs games that need extracting in a certain way and fed to the console, ie, GTA5

Extracting with the console does not create ISO images like XBC. If you are looking to be able to burn the game, and play online, then you would need a customized phat drive connected to the computer.

On 3/27/2019 at 10:57 AM, loady said:

ok, i have numerous xbox drives, im sure i could hook one up. So using the console to rip the games to external, does that result in the format that xbox backup creator does ?, obviously i would need to be aware of dual discs games that need extracting in a certain way and fed to the console, ie, GTA5

You are thinking xboximagebrowser.. That extracts the discs.. But yes