RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
asfish

USB Devices

Hi all

i bought a Lego dimensions starter pack for my son. It came from Facebook market place but the box had been opened once and everything inside was still sealed so confident that it’s never been used.

I started off with the game disc and had issues with an update with errors saying it has a dirty disc

So then I ripped the game to the HD and it all worked ok and the game started up.

Once you start a new game a screen pops up asking you to connect the USB device that comes with game. This allows the lego figures to interact with game 

when I plug in device it flashes once but the game doesn't see it.

can I expect the device to be seen in Aurora dash?

my next step would be to boot to the MS dash and try the game disc, having some issues with FTP there though as the dash IP doesn’t respond to ping so have some local network trouble shooting to do later 

of course I could have a broken USB device but just wanted to check if there are any blocks with aurora and USB devices ( aside from Kinect)

Thanks for any help !

3 hours ago, asfish said:

Hi all

i bought a Lego dimensions starter pack for my son. It came from Facebook market place but the box had been opened once and everything inside was still sealed so confident that it’s never been used.

I started off with the game disc and had issues with an update with errors saying it has a dirty disc

So then I ripped the game to the HD and it all worked ok and the game started up.

Once you start a new game a screen pops up asking you to connect the USB device that comes with game. This allows the lego figures to interact with game 

when I plug in device it flashes once but the game doesn't see it.

can I expect the device to be seen in Aurora dash?

my next step would be to boot to the MS dash and try the game disc, having some issues with FTP there though as the dash IP doesn’t respond to ping so have some local network trouble shooting to do later 

of course I could have a broken USB device but just wanted to check if there are any blocks with aurora and USB devices ( aside from Kinect)

Thanks for any help !

I doubt aurora will recognize it..

Have you tried a different USB port? 

Have you tried plugging it in then booting the game?

As for your networking.. Aurora ftp defaults to "xboxftp" where others are just "xbox"..

And aurora doesnt block anything.. Kinect included.. 

Ok thanks, tried booting to MS Dash and it still complains about the disc

Tried all USB and connections and inserting it before the game boots, no joy

So will try in on a mates 360 tomorrow, if that works I will l buy £40 360 from Facebook.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On another note, I can't get the FTP to work, I the 360 IP will not ping, If I pull out the ethernet cable no IP is reported so its getting to my DHCP 

I reset my Velop and forced a new IP with no change, disabled my firewall, tried to ping on 3 devices still nothing.

I have an FTP module all enable with the password and username set but the 360 can't be seen

Any ideas? Been a while since I used this but FTP was fine last time