RealModScene
cannellizer

Loading customize avatar from fsd

Okay well I ended up downloading xebuild gui 2.088 and got my dash updated. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't think that tutorial was all that great. There is a lot of assumptions being made, and I was able to pick up on some of them, but not the command prompt one. oh well. I'm updated. thanks

yah well jtag stuff aint always easy and simple the first time so its normal that tutorials sometime seem more complicated then they actually are lol (..and sometime tutorial are not really clear and well-made!..but some are really good!..anyway..)

So after that did you install the avatar update? did you try the homebrew avatar editor?

Alright so I finally got the avatar update as well installed. Once again I ran into problems because the tutorial didn't mention anything about how you can't have autoload set to FSD. But again, finally figured it out and got it to work.

So yes, the homebrew avatar editor works now.... However, The only difference is the background. Everything else is the exact same? Is that supposed to be how it is? I thought you said you could edit the background and even music or something? Also, when I get exit out from it, it takes me to original dash, which is dumb, because my entire reason for this was so I could get to it from FSD and not have to go through Original dash at all...... oh well. At least all my crap is up to date.

PS - I can launch XeXmenu from homebrew, and now avatar editor, but Dashlaunch gives me the re install game disk error, are any of you able to launch dashlaunch from homebrew on FSD. (it works if I go into file manager, just not from homebrew folder)

yah do like talby said and use Dashlaunch to put fsd as default! why would it be mentions on those tuto when its not even the subject of the tuto :huh: !? can you imagine how more confusing it would be if in every tuto, we would have to mention everything about fsd jtag etc??? would be weird to specifie how to use fsd as dash, in a ''update tuto'' ... you have to search a little bit dude! and if you dont want to search or read, you should just use your consol to play games! you have to take time of learning if you want to do some jtag stuff yourself!..

anyway, to put it as default dash you can also edit the .ini file at your HDD root, you can also make a copy of the default.xex of the fsd to the root.

And for the avatar editor if you read what i wrote before: you can edit them on the pc!! computer only! but thats if you know and want to use photoshop...but it might be a bit complicated for you -_- (its really simple, but you seem like you want everything done for you so.. :ph34r: ) if you want to change your background, go into the avatareditor4 and edit the background pic! its that simple!

so good luck and again: take time to learn! -_-

anyway, happy to see you've updated your stuff and that it works now ! (you dont really need to use dashlaunch frequently so you should access it from file manager if you need to do something with it..or else i dont know why its not working..i never use it as homebrew )

come back if you have more problems! -peace.

Whoa whoa whoa. First off you completely misunderstood what I said. I suppose that is my fault. Yet at the same time I am a little offended because I am most definitely NOT one of those people who want everything done for them! I have done hours and hours of research for many things for my 360 and other things too. I know my way around Google.

First let me clarify the mistake. In order to run the $$ystemupdate you cannot have FSD set as default because it will block the update. That was one of the reasons why I was having a hard time getting it to work because i already had my dashlaunch settings set for fsd to be my default. So what did I do? I googled it and found another tutorial that explained what i just did to you. You have to boot into the original dash for it to launch the update.

Does this make sense now?

I feel alike you guys think I'm retarded, Haha.

Anyway, I can easily extract the the images from the avatar editor program and alter them, thanks for that. Sorry I missed that you said PC.

Listen, the fact of the matter is, the tutorial I followed on here wasn't very clear, and contained flaws. And I believe it needs to be revised. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to come in here and bag on anyone or anything because i am probably the least knowledgeable and experienced. And I am grateful for all the software and work done here. But don't assume that because i had a tough time getting through it, that its my fault and that I'm dumb. That's all I ask.

All that aside, thanks for sticking with me til I got it all working.

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

The tutorial is pretty clear. I know it seems intimidating the first time, and you are worried about bricking your console. Just wait until the new xebuild GUI comes out. It suppose to take a lot of hassle out of the update process.

Now that I have gone through it. Yes it is extremely easy. But I still disagree with the clarity, too many assumptions in the tutorial. I would love to revise it and make it more clear, but again I'm not here to trump anybody. But I agree when a first timer is using it, youre right, it is intimidating, it was for me. And i did use the xebuild GUI 2.088, and it was very nice!! I like apps that make things easy! Haha

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

yah well maybe you too misunderstood what i said because i'm french and sometime i dont use the exact words that i want to say in my own words..so i just want to clarifie that i dont think at all that you are dumb, i just wanted to be sure you read carefully all and..well you know, i mean theres a lot of people who comes to forums and dont research first, so its hard to prevent this unless being clear from the start! but thanks to the post you posted after me, you atleast expplained that you did research etc B)

so! that being said, let get back to subject:

well actually you can have fsd as default as i always have, you can re-activate updates alert from the settings but dont have too..you juste have to find a way to launch the update..like for exemple starting a disc like xexmenu will definitly launch the update you have on usb. but dosent mather since you manage to get it work anyway lol

so anyway come back again if you need help.

-peace.

Thanks a lot. That's good info.

Ps- if you ever see me make a post that says "we need a friends list on link, that would be awesome". THEN please put me in that pile with all the others that don't research, Haha. At any rate, thanks again.

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

i have fsd set as default and have never had issues updating avatars, you just need to boot to original dash which is easy , just hold RB on boot and it will boot to normal dash, then go to play a game (or anything actually) and it will accept the update

Didnt work for me, I just copied the AvatarEditor.xex to a custom folder for it to show on homebrew B)

Shame we cant do it for the built in system media player

yah i know! :( ..i wanted that to!.. but yesterday i tryed a couple of thing but anyway...the avatar editor from microsoft is more like an external application that we have to launch to use. and video player is more like integrated to the system.. so i guess thats why the video player cant really be packed and modded on pc, to port it as a homebrew..anyway... i hope TX will re-encode a media player to work in FSD and then, maybe we wont dream of a XBMC360 anymore! .. i mean, who would still dream of having a XBMC on the 360 if FSD had music/ video player, with nice coverflow, and most important for the video player: tons of codecs!! and of course more emulators!..anyway.. would be great to have media players and start building our music and video library, and unlike the old xbox, the 360 haves usb2.0 ports! so would be a + when we transfer medias! (..you can put a usb port in the old xbox, but its not usb2..its the first usb models..slow!..)

anyway. :ph34r:

puss2puss :::  oh ok. i think i love this more then the original-dash avatar editor, cause you can edit the background music and the background image (..on the pc with photoshop etc..) so if your avatar is a bad-ass rocker, you can put some hardrock muzzz in the background lol 

Okay, so I can jive with the concept of editing the png file in the avatar editor, however, there isn't a sound file. What exactly are you doing to get background music going for the avatar editor? I'm sure it can't be as easy as dropping an mp3 in the folder.... Thanks for the help

well first, i jsut want to specifie that when i said this, it wasnt to suggest it to anyone...it was because jbp210 posted this homebrew and i noticed that we can edit it since its already packed as a homebrew, but i dont suggest it if you dont have the patience.. but anyway, the background, as you can see, is easy to edit, but the sounds files are compress in a xui that dosent seem to open in xuitool, so so you can use apps that will open unpackageable package (like DragonUnpacker) to decompressed the xui named Background, and in it you find the sounds files and if you cant find the good one to change, well open the default.xex with HxD and find exactly the path from the background sound, etc etc..but maybe someone else will find another way but i dont think anyone would want to hassle with that kind of detail....me, i put the song ''dont fear the reaper'' from ''Blue Oyster Cult'' ....but who the hell careeee!!! XD (and like i said maybe someone have better and easyer way, maybe like editing a new path directing to an xma you would have convert etc etc..but..ahhh anyway its just a f****ng avatar editor app!!...)

But if you have to much trouble with that and you really really want to change your avatar editor's background music, i suggest you open another post for it, so that other persons wont get lost when they come here to solve the same problem you had with avatar ! ;)

Good Luck

Nice! That is great info. To be honest, it isn't a big deal.... But I'm really curious. Btw- don't fear the reaper is great! I love that song. I will get those programs and fool around with them thanks!Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Okay, the dragon unpacker didn't work for me, however, I found a butt load of other programs, anyway after a few hours of messing around with stuff, I had great success, will upload my file tomorrow.

EDIT: Alright Folks, I got in and successfully changed the Avatar Editor Music, and went ahead and changed the background as well. I didn't really care to fool around with any other sounds and images, but anyway, check out the file if you can, I would like to know if it works for yall as well, then I may be able to go ahead and post a tutorial if anyone else is interested in doing this.

AvatarEditor.rar ----This is sort of a DeadMau5 theme

Is anybody interested in learning how to do this, or any requests for music modifications or background stuff for the avatar editor?