RealModScene
cannellizer

Loading customize avatar from fsd

Is there any way to boot up customize avatar from fsd? When i try to do it, it thinks its a game and tells me to try and reinstall it. Can it only be launched from original dash?

Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Is there any way to boot up customize avatar from fsd? When i try to do it, it thinks its a game and tells me to try and reinstall it. Can it only be launched from original dash?

Thanks

Can only be done via official dash.

holly f*** jbp210!!! wow ! i download it right now !! i didnt know it existed as homebrew! nice! did you port-it as a homebrew yourself? ..and would it be possible to also port the video-player that is on the official dash? ..would it be possible to do the same as the avatar editor? (as a homebrew) anyway thanks for sharing this link!

Hey its not working for me. I mean it comes up in homebrew and everything, but when I try to start it I get the same error message about the game couldn't start, try downloading it again. What gives?

it works fine for me, what FSD version do you use? and wich dash version your xbox currently have? did you install the avatar and kinect update on your xbox? if not, theres a huge chance its caused by that..so if you havent install the kinect+avatar update, i suggest you do it and then you will be able to use the avatars perfectly! (and the homebrew..offcourse) and if you want to know if you have the update, go to you original dash and try editing the avatar, if it gives same error..you need to do the update, wich is easy as pie to do! (are we allowed to post links for other sites, here?)

I'm on the 483 Mandatory Update. I don't know what Dash I am on, where can I check that? I haven't personally installed the avatar/kinect update, but that doesn't necessarily mean i don't have it. I can edit my avatar on my original dash, however, whenever i do it does have a little pop saying update your clothes or something on Live. But its not a warning by any means and it doesn't seem to limit what I can do. I mean today I just did the horizon/modio/hex/etc thing where you can upload live avatar clothes and items and I was able to get stuff on my box that my avatar is now wearing. Is it possible that I still need to do the avatar/kinect update even though I can edit my avatar?

Thanks.

not sure..but i think you have the update because you are able to costumize your avatar so... and to see your dash version you go to your settings, then ''info'', and you will see the version..it most likely will be something around 16 197, or 14 699 ...or something around those..

i'm not sure why it dosent work for you...can you see your avatar also on the FSD dash?..me, the first thing i would do in your situation would be to do the avatar+kinect update, to be sure everything is allright (in case some stuff got messed up or i dont know..) .

have you tryed running it from the file manager by choosing the default.xex in the avatareditor4 folder ?

Yeah I have tried running from the default.xex but no dice. I will go look into updating the kinect/avatar stuff, thanks for the help, that is weird though, seems like it would work.

yah weird..hopefully someone else will be able to bring more help!..but try doing the update (just the avatar+kinect update) by searching this on google should be really fast to find a good ans easy tuto..and let me know if it solve your problem. i think there might be about 97% chance it will solve it!...because maybe the avatareditor4 was coded from a recent dash update..anyway.. let us know!

It gets updated often. I'm not sure who made it.

oh ok. i think i love this more then the original-dash avatar editor, cause you can edit the background music and the background image (..on the pc with photoshop etc..) so if your avatar is a bad-ass rocker, you can put some hardrock muzzz in the background lol

Anyway, Cannelizer: i hope you finnally got it running because its such a good homebrew! if you've try updating the avatar+kinect update and didnt work, tell us! we'il try something else to make it work!..but after the update (NOT THE ENTIRE UPDATE!...FALLOW A TUTO FOR ''avatar update jtag'' ) it should work.

(more info: did you already have other problems launching homebrews, using FSD, navigating your hard drive from fsd's file manager, updating your console (never update the normal way when you have a jtag/RGH..there are special ways to fallow when you update your jtag..) or any other problem? )

Okay so my dash is 2.0.14699.0, which I haven't done any research on dash versions, so that means nothing to me at this point. So I went to have a look over at the tutorial section, I found the avatar/kinect update tutorial from BL4K3Y, I'll be honest, it looks a little intimidating to me. (Keep in mind, I didn't Mod my own system). However, I have no problem softmodding my systems, like my wii and original xbox, or phone, etc.

At any rate though, is that the tutorial I should follow, or is there another one?

I haven't had any problems launching any other homebrew, as of right now I have Super Mario War, XeXMenu, and Dash Launch in my homebrew Section, and they all work just fine... launching that is. Super Mario War resets my console in World Mode, but thats beside the point.

What is my opportunity cost here? I don't want to screw up my Xbox.

PS - I have not personally done any updates of any kind on my Xbox. and I do understand that I should not update through Microsoft. Thanks for all the help and support.

Your thoughts.

The avatar update is harmless. Just follow the tutorial. Make sure you use the correct update for current dash. But you should read up on updating to current dash because your going to miss out on alot of newer games on that dash.

Okay so you're saying I might as well update o the newest dash, should I do that first? And then the avatar update 2nd?

yup, you first take care of the latest dash update following a good tuto, and THEN when its all done, you can make the Avatar+kinect update. but be sure that if you have a kinect, you have to let it plug in while you do the avatar update or else when later you will plug your kinect, it will ask for update again! good luck!

(personnally i dont like the link of the small tuto that the guy gave because noob sometime can easyly get lost with all the step to do.. but it works so if you dont feel like searching other tuto, fallow this one without being afraid! ....the one from Blacky is great by the way!..)

i just linked the one from this forum, never used it myself, i personally use jrunner, it's not really a hard thing to do though

yah i know dont worry ;) , i was just specifiying to be sure that if he finds that to complicated, to go with the one Blackey did instead of messing something by confusion :p

yup only for avatar and kinect update. not for the dash. (but of course he should also make the dash update while he is in the Update mood! lol)

Okay I'm stuck already.... sheesh! I'm not sure I have ever made it through any tutorials without running into problems, at least the first time. anyway, I'm trying to boot up xebuild, and it pops up a command prompt that has a bunch of text about jtag and such, anyway it says press <enter> to exit... What do i do?