RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
loady

Disc to God and gta5

I'm using the disc to God script to install GTA5 from disc, does it do it correctly or do I need to make adaptations, what I have done is just used the script and ripped the discs to the same folder, hdd1/games/GTA5 the game works when I start it but I have two covers on the cover flow and I know there was a funky way you had to install it when doing it from an ISO and Xbox backup creator.

3 hours ago, loady said:

I'm using the disc to God script to install GTA5 from disc, does it do it correctly or do I need to make adaptations, what I have done is just used the script and ripped the discs to the same folder, hdd1/games/GTA5 the game works when I start it but I have two covers on the cover flow and I know there was a funky way you had to install it when doing it from an ISO and Xbox backup creator.

Isn't there an install disc and a play disc??

50 minutes ago, loady said:

Yes...but I don't want to be putting the disc in to play

first.. you can convert the play disc into god format.. as for the install disc.. you actually copy said content to your hdd.. not convert it into a god version.. this is simple stuff

ok, so the games that have two discs, gta5 and others, I godded all the discs, if this is wrong with regard to the install disc, at some point during game play the game is not going to work ?,  if I go back and copy the install discs to the HDD, where should I put them on the hdd ?, I want to keep things tidy.

2 hours ago, loady said:

ok, so the games that have two discs, gta5 and others, I godded all the discs, if this is wrong with regard to the install disc, at some point during game play the game is not going to work ?,  if I go back and copy the install discs to the HDD, where should I put them on the hdd ?, I want to keep things tidy.

There is a content folder.. You put those in your internal 

Ok. So there is already a content folder present on HDD, I just dump it in there and all is well ?

I've installed before using Xbox backup creator and manually added content folder, I wondered if the disc to God script does it all how it should be done

You dont have to put GOD games in the content folder for Aurora to launch them. You can put god format in with the rest of your games. Only needed in the content folder if you want to launch from nXe, or XEXmenu. DLC, and Indie games need to be installed int the content folder if I remember correctly. It has been like a year since I turned on my xbox..... Mainly only use it to test aurora builds at this point, and there hasnt been much going on there lateley. :(

3 hours ago, loady said:

Ok. So there is already a content folder present on HDD, I just dump it in there and all is well ?

I've installed before using Xbox backup creator and manually added content folder, I wondered if the disc to God script does it all how it should be done

You view contents of DVD via aurora file manager.. And copy just like you would via xbox backup creator.. That's why you have 2 covers I believe.. 

The script works like iso2god.. But on xbox

In which case that is what the script is doing, copying to HDD, where I got 2 covers I just hide the install disc one, This is what I'm asking, at some point the game will need the second disc, the script creates content folder for the game.

1 hour ago, loady said:

In which case that is what the script is doing, copying to HDD, where I got 2 covers I just hide the install disc one, This is what I'm asking, at some point the game will need the second disc, the script creates content folder for the game.

Omg.. You are totally missing the information.. I suggest you read into GoD format and extracted format.. 

There isn't 2 play discs.. Such as with earlier multidisc games.. 

The script just converts the game into the GoD format.. It doesnt have the information if it is a play disc or install disc.. It treats every disc identical. 

Hell.. All you have to do is run the install disc.. Since you claim to have actual discs.. Let it install.. And then use the GoD of the play disc.. 

You seriously are over complicating this with your lack of information....

well I godded both GTA5 discs, when I start the game it runs, what I am asking is it going to stop working at some point because I have not 'copied content disc to content folder'

17 hours ago, loady said:

well I godded both GTA5 discs, when I start the game it runs, what I am asking is it going to stop working at some point because I have not 'copied content disc to content folder'

Very well can

thats all I needed to know. my aim is to make an xbox creator extracted archive on a hdd, im then hoping to be able to remove the 360 drive and hotswap it into a spare bay and transfer enmass to the xbox hdd over the BUS rather than ethernet or USB,. I know the xbox formats to FAT32 but I am not entirely sure its readable in a pc. I think the issue was also that the pc complained about there not being enough space on the FAT32 hdd to extract the disc, its fine on NTFS but the xbox doesnt read NTFS

30 minutes ago, loady said:

thats all I needed to know. my aim is to make an xbox creator extracted archive on a hdd, im then hoping to be able to remove the 360 drive and hotswap it into a spare bay and transfer enmass to the xbox hdd over the BUS rather than ethernet or USB,. I know the xbox formats to FAT32 but I am not entirely sure its readable in a pc. I think the issue was also that the pc complained about there not being enough space on the FAT32 hdd to extract the disc, its fine on NTFS but the xbox doesnt read NTFS

You cant put the iso, or anything over 4gb on fat32 iirc.. You can extract and then move.. But individual files cant be over 4gb

that's correct, and most extracted images are larger than 4gb, its a shame the xbox cant be made to see NTFS, I looked at other option, like ExFAT but not much better, the xbox ethernet is a bottle neck...what I am looking to do now is keep the extracted images on a NTFS drive connect to my PC via SATA and then have a hot swap drive bay that I can plug the xbox hdd drive into via SATA, I should get blistering speed transfer across the SATA interface

First, the xbox ethernet is not a a bottleneck, the bottleneck is ConnectX. Using the unreleased NetIso stuff, loading time takes no longer than loading from a disc. It has a few bugs, but works much faster than connectx. Second, the moment you plug in the HDD to the sata connection, the xbox will reboot. You can use 360 drive explorer to inject files into the xbox partition scheme, and copy games a little faster that way, but it almost isnt worth it. Also if you plug an ntfs drive into the sata port on the xbox, it wont work until you format it with the xbox.

21 hours ago, loady said:

that's correct, and most extracted images are larger than 4gb, its a shame the xbox cant be made to see NTFS, I looked at other option, like ExFAT but not much better, the xbox ethernet is a bottle neck...what I am looking to do now is keep the extracted images on a NTFS drive connect to my PC via SATA and then have a hot swap drive bay that I can plug the xbox hdd drive into via SATA, I should get blistering speed transfer across the SATA interface

No.. You are missing the point.. The iso is over 7gb.. The extracted version can total the same.. But there isnt gonna be a single file over 4gb.. Even when you create a GoD.. They are 164ish MB chuncks

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:57 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

First, the xbox ethernet is not a a bottleneck, the bottleneck is ConnectX. Using the unreleased NetIso stuff, loading time takes no longer than loading from a disc. It has a few bugs, but works much faster than connectx. Second, the moment you plug in the HDD to the sata connection, the xbox will reboot. You can use 360 drive explorer to inject files into the xbox partition scheme, and copy games a little faster that way, but it almost isnt worth it. Also if you plug an ntfs drive into the sata port on the xbox, it wont work until you format it with the xbox.

how do I go about setting up the unreleased netiso stuff ?

7 hours ago, loady said:

how do I go about setting up the unreleased netiso stuff ?

You dont,you have to wait for it to be ready to be released, which could be a while. I honestly havnt had any updates in a while.I would assume he code is still in the plugin, but not called, so if you have the time, and incination to dissassemble the plugin, you could re enable it, and reverse engineer a server side software for it. Other than that you will have to wait like every one else.