RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
GlitchyGlitch

First time RGH - cannot get matching nands!

Glitch/Nand Reader Product(s) used: J-R Programmer V2
Console Type: Jasper
NAND size: 512mb
Dashboard version: e.g 2.0.17526
CB version: 6754
Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner/Xebuild GUI: attached
J-Runner/Xebuild Gui log: attached
Image of Glitch Chip: Matrix Glitcher V1 without oscilator
Images of close-up soldering to motherboard: attached

Description of problem:

Hello, friends. As the title says, I decided to try to RGH my Jasper console and I'm stuck on the first step, I just cannot get two matching nands.

I watched video tutorials about 10 times, installed the JR Programmer drivers without problems, soldered everything, got Jrunner to read the nand, during reading I get two errors - Error: 250 reading block 7A0 and Error: 210 reading block EFF, errors are the same on both reads but every time it finishes the reading I get "Oh no" sound and message that nands are not the same, when I click ok to show differences this is the message I get:

Comparing...Takes a while on big nands
0x0EFF

I resoldered and trimmed the wires a couple of times,  used multimeter to test for continuity between points on the board and on the JR Programmer, tried to read the nand about 5-6 times and I don't know what to do anymore, what am I missing or doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Jrunner.png

LOGr.txt

Soldering1.jpg

Your soldering is good, i would try to take your dumps and just use another tool to check if they match. Jrunner might not like the big files for some odd reason

Thanks man, I will try that. The funny thing is, I just tried to RGH another Jasper console (with 16mb nand) and everything went without a hitch on the first try.

At least I know that the programmer is working fine.

7 hours ago, GlitchyGlitch said:

Thanks man, I will try that. The funny thing is, I just tried to RGH another Jasper console (with 16mb nand) and everything went without a hitch on the first try.

jrunner shouldnt have a problem with it.. 

i'd suggest using a different version of jrunner.. yours is putting the nand into a jrunner 0.2 folder.. you can always PM me the nands.. and i can check on my end??

edit:

ok, so i would also try re-dumping the nands.. since your nand difference is only in 1 spot.. is what that code is at the bottom..

edit 2: and also they used to recommend dumping your nand 4 or more times.. and definitely do NOT touch the programmer.. as the wires could be loose at the connector.. and cause an error  

11 hours ago, GlitchyGlitch said:

https://www.youtube.com/redirect?v=qKJBLxJaYWg&event=video_description&redir_token=Xl97tO7bZkET21axkvDf3cbWc2p8MTU1MTE4OTEwNkAxNTUxMTAyNzA2&q=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23%21AAEwSLRS%21au6qMJbY-CsMTl92XjRQbhshkniheMwG4RIDZbZ2mAw
Try that jrunner

Hello again, friends. Just a quick update regarding my nand problem.

So, back in March I burned my finger on soldering iron pretty badly so I had to take a break from modding. After my finger healed I started working on other consoles I had and succesfully RGH'd seven other Jaspers, they all work without problems.

This console is still acting up. As suggested here I took multiple nand dumps (four, I think) instead of two, compared them in hex editor (HxD) and none of them are matching so I'm starting to think that something is wrong with the console itself. When I got the console, it had a broken usb port that was shorted and the console wouldn't turn on. I fixed it by straightening the little prongs that were touching the metal.  I'm thinking maybe that short has damaged something and that is somehow affecting the nand dumping process.

Anyways, I gave up on that console, It's just not worth my time. Thanks for all the help!  :)

That problematic Jasper you have  is a 512 model. I always had issues with doing first glitch on them with the timing profiles. Too bad your dash wasn't low enough to just JTAG it.

If you're still up for it because 512's are badass, check this thread from Se7enSins:

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/rgh-jasper-bad-nand-dumps.1524480/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StaticPulse said:

That problematic Jasper you have  is a 512 model. I always had issues with doing first glitch on them with the timing profiles. Too bad your dash wasn't low enough to just JTAG it.

If you're still up for it because 512's are badass, check this thread from Se7enSins:

That thread shows no results mate.. lol

12 minutes ago, felida said:

That thread shows no results mate.. lol

Looks like theres an alternate solder point and the suggestion for cap legs to do the soldering would be the same with kynar wire or if worse comes to worse solder an actual header to it.

nvm... just re-read the thread, they're just suggesting a more solid connection with lazy mans kynar.

11 minutes ago, StaticPulse said:

Looks like theres an alternate solder point and the suggestion for cap legs to do the soldering would be the same with kynar wire or if worse comes to worse solder an actual header to it.

nvm... just re-read the thread, they're just suggesting a more solid connection with lazy mans kynar.

Yeah lol.. plus the op didn't ever post results of it ever being completed..

On 12/28/2019 at 6:32 PM, StaticPulse said:

So, according to them it is soldering issue?  I don't mind soldering but waiting 14 min per read every time is what is annoying. A few days ago I did another 512, works like a charm.

6 hours ago, GlitchyGlitch said:

So, according to them it is soldering issue?  I don't mind soldering but waiting 14 min per read every time is what is annoying. A few days ago I did another 512, works like a charm.

That is people's first claim.. the soldering..

You aren't even supposed to dump the whole nand of the BB nands.. 

I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to read a single block that seems like a bad block. Did I understand correctly that you have not tried to glitch the console yet? Just try to glitch the console if you haven't.

On 10/23/2021 at 1:45 AM, Moto_Merchant said:

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the EXACT same issue.

No dude, I gave up and sold that console, didn't wanna waste any more time on it