RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
AlexMartin

problem with ftp

hi 

when i want to transfer my downloaded game to xbox via ftp i have a problem but 3 days ago i dont have any and i transfer my game with same ftp and enjoyit

any one can helping me

Capture.JPG

What ftp client did you use?

Did you try to copy some from xbox to your PC ?

To witch folder you try put this file?

Try shorten the file name.

On 2/22/2019 at 11:14 AM, AlexMartin said:

hi 

when i want to transfer my downloaded game to xbox via ftp i have a problem but 3 days ago i dont have any and i transfer my game with same ftp and enjoyit

any one can helping me

Capture.JPG

10 hours ago, piterk said:

What ftp client did you use?

Did you try to copy some from xbox to your PC ?

To witch folder you try put this file?

Try shorten the file name.

@AlexMartin

for starters, we do not tolerate piracy here.. FINAL warning.. 

convert your game to GoD.. the 360 has a character limit of 42, which that file name seems to exceed easily.. 

the GoD format, or even disc, bypasses this limitation.

@piterk

shortening the file name is a step in the right direction, but you CAN NOT change the names of game files, and expect them to work.. the game looks for a certain name, any different and it will either not load(dirty disc message), or cause issues in game with the missing asset. 

use win scp and my game convers to god with iso2god tool try to move game in content folder and 00000000000 like every other day but getting this warning

and i want to copy some pic from my dash background try to rename pic thanks all

26 minutes ago, AlexMartin said:

use win scp and my game convers to god with iso2god tool try to move game in content folder and 00000000000 like every other day but getting this warning

and i want to copy some pic from my dash background try to rename pic thanks all

the ftp program doesn't matter really.. as long as it is the correct transfer method, use binary transfer.. 

if that file was just simply a picture for background, then yea you can rename it mate.. if it is a GAME file.. you need to take the "extracted" version, which isnt a "GoD" but often labeled a "jtag rip", and convert it. there are around 5 to 10 games that have longer file names and can not be used in the extracted version due to the 42 char limit on the xbox. 

12 hours ago, felida said:

the ftp program doesn't matter really.. as long as it is the correct transfer method, use binary transfer.. 

if that file was just simply a picture for background, then yea you can rename it mate.. if it is a GAME file.. you need to take the "extracted" version, which isnt a "GoD" but often labeled a "jtag rip", and convert it. there are around 5 to 10 games that have longer file names and can not be used in the extracted version due to the 42 char limit on the xbox. 

They can if you use an external usb drive, just not on the XTAF filesystem of the 360hdd, or memory cards.