RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Lybert

Unlocking PAL-only song in Just Dance 3

Hi everyone

I have a Just Dance 3 Region Free version in my HD and I wanted to play "Lena - Satellite" in Just Dance 3, which is a song that exists only in the PAL version of the game.

I was checking the game's files and found out that the music file is there (check attached image 1), but it doesn't appear in the song list inside the game.

I already tried modifying the NAND with XeBuild GUI to have the PAL (Europe) Game Region, DVD Region, and Video Mode (check attached image 2), but the music didn't appear in the list as well.

I already tried to change the Location at the console configuration as well, and it didn't work.

Do you know anything else I can do to unlock it?

From my point of view, as the game is Region Free, and the song file is there, it should be playable somehow.

I already tried to find a PAL version of Just Dance 3 for download, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

My XBOX is RGH with Kernel 17526, Corona 4gb. Freestyle, Aurora, and Dashlaunch updated with the last version in 2019-02-21

2019-02-21_13-57-40_xeBuild_GUI_xeBuild_GUI_version3.1_Modified_by_BenMitnicK.png

2019-02-21_13-53-58_explorer_EJogos_Xbox_360360Just_Dance_3.png

8 hours ago, Lybert said:

Hi everyone

I have a Just Dance 3 Region Free version in my HD and I wanted to play "Lena - Satellite" in Just Dance 3, which is a song that exists only in the PAL version of the game.

I was checking the game's files and found out that the music file is there (check attached image 1), but it doesn't appear in the song list inside the game.

I already tried modifying the NAND with XeBuild GUI to have the PAL (Europe) Game Region, DVD Region, and Video Mode (check attached image 2), but the music didn't appear in the list as well.

I already tried to change the Location at the console configuration as well, and it didn't work.

Do you know anything else I can do to unlock it?

From my point of view, as the game is Region Free, and the song file is there, it should be playable somehow.

I already tried to find a PAL version of Just Dance 3 for download, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

My XBOX is RGH with Kernel 17526, Corona 4gb. Freestyle, Aurora, and Dashlaunch updated with the last version in 2019-02-21

2019-02-21_13-57-40_xeBuild_GUI_xeBuild_GUI_version3.1_Modified_by_BenMitnicK.png

2019-02-21_13-53-58_explorer_EJogos_Xbox_360360Just_Dance_3.png

and from our point of view, we dont support piracy here.. which is what you are trying to achieve.

but on the same subject, there have been plenty of cases where a game company has DLC already made in the game, on the disc, and make people pay for said DLC

• Like 1

12 hours ago, felida said:

but on the same subject, there have been plenty of cases where a game company has DLC already made in the game, on the disc, and make people pay for said DLC

Thanks for answering, felida

So the only way to play the song is to have the PAL version of the game?

The game being Region Free doesn't mean it should work like both NTSC and PAL?

Regarding the NAND edition, I'm not even sure if I'm doing the change correctly. When opening the updated NAND with the xeBuild GUI it still shows "NTSC/USA" in the "Console Region".

2019-02-22_10-59-03_xeBuild_GUI_xeBuild_GUI_version3.1_Modified_by_BenMitnicK.png

Should this field change? Where can I see that the change was successful?

What I did was:

1. Open my flashed dump
  2. Insert CPUKey
  3. Click "Switch to advanced mode" in the tools bar
  4. In the "Main" tab, under "Misc Options", check "Use Custom xeBuild Settings"
  5. In the "xeBuild Settings" tab, change "Game Region", "DVD Region", and "Video Mode" to PAL/Europe
  6. Click "Generate hacked image" button 
  7. In the XBOX, use Simple NAND Flasher to write the new NAND file

Do I need to do something else?

You obviously dont realize you can spoof the region in dashlaunch without having to modify the nand. 

you just have to set the desired region, and enable region spoof, then hold down RB when launching the game.

From https://www.xpgamesaves.com/threads/dash-launch-in-depth-explanation-and-set-up.50001/ :

Region Spoof:
If enabled, holding RB during title launch will cause the region to be spoofed to the title for it's duration. Just as it says. With this option enabled, holding RB when you launch a game that's region is different than your console's it will spoof it to believe your console's region is the same.

Region:
The region applied when RB is held on title launch and Region Spoof is enabled. If you have Region Spoof enabled, this is the region your console will be spoofed as when holding RB.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

You obviously dont realize you can spoof the region in dashlaunch without having to modify the nand. 

you just have to set the desired region, and enable region spoof, then hold down RB when launching the game.

From https://www.xpgamesaves.com/threads/dash-launch-in-depth-explanation-and-set-up.50001/ :

Region Spoof:
If enabled, holding RB during title launch will cause the region to be spoofed to the title for it's duration. Just as it says. With this option enabled, holding RB when you launch a game that's region is different than your console's it will spoof it to believe your console's region is the same.

Region:
The region applied when RB is held on title launch and Region Spoof is enabled. If you have Region Spoof enabled, this is the region your console will be spoofed as when holding RB.

It worked perfectly!

Now the song appears in the song list :)

Thank you very much! I'll also take a look deeper in this post you mentioned.

When I enter the game now I don't need to hold RB anymore to make the song appear, though 🤔 But it is working, so it's fine.

Thank you again :D

HI everyone

I have just dance 3 region free with RGH in my xbox and with the songs "Satellite", "Airplanes", and "Only Girl In the world". But I want to play E.T and Teenage Dream by katy Perry, which only exist on the special edition of the PAL region of the game. I have seen the all files from the game and both songs come in the game files but they don,t appear in the game. How can I unlock both songs from katy perry with RGH?, what do I have to do?

Thanks

Data360_ET.forge Data360_TeenageDream.forge