Jump to content
RealModScene
johnkittz

Anybody know a trustworthy JTAG Seller?

Recommended Posts

I'm looking for a new jtag. I bought mine last year, but turns out the xbox he sent me was in terrible shape with rust, and dust all over the inside it's now on the verge of breaking down by constantly throwing ventilation errors not even a minute after starting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, johnkittz said:

I'm looking for a new jtag. I bought mine last year, but turns out the xbox he sent me was in terrible shape with rust, and dust all over the inside it's now on the verge of breaking down by constantly throwing ventilation errors not even a minute after starting it.

go with RGH lol.. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, johnkittz said:

If it's the best I want it lol.

jtag mods are made on a specific dash.. drastically old.. rgh's can be done on the newest versions.. so having an older system is kind of pointless.. lol..

 

plus you can get an ace v3 for slims, or cr rev c for rgh1.2 for phats..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, felida said:

jtag mods are made on a specific dash.. drastically old.. rgh's can be done on the newest versions.. so having an older system is kind of pointless.. lol..

 

plus you can get an ace v3 for slims, or cr rev c for rgh1.2 for phats..

Thanks for the information! Know any trustworthy sellers? I'm hoping to get the best I can so I can (hopefully)avoid a bad purchase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, johnkittz said:

Thanks for the information! Know any trustworthy sellers? I'm hoping to get the best I can so I can (hopefully)avoid a bad purchase. 

i dont know of any.. i do it myself.. as it really isnt that hard.. lol

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I am with felida on this, but there are a ton of people that sell this stuff on the TX forums.

If I wanted to learn how to do it myself where could I go? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For videos, I would look on youtube. For that you will want to know what type of hack you are doing, and what chip you are using. They all do the same thing, but they use different pads, and designs on the board for the same signals, so each chip is sleightly different. Also, every console is sleightly different, so what works well on one might not work well on another of the same revision. So to begin, you will need to know the motherboard type, the glitch chip type, the ram type(If motherboard is coronaV5/V6), the Nand size(eg 4gb corona, 256/512mb jaspers, dont worry about 4gb trinity boards, as the memory space is an expansion module), and the hack type.

Once you have this information, you will need the required hardware, depending on your use case.(TX 4gb read/write kit, nand-x, jr-programmer, there are other options, but these are the better ones), soldering iron(obviously), etc.

Then find a video on youtube for that hack type, and board. EG search for: trinity S-RGH install, or trinity Project muffin install..... There are a ton of options, and as if now, TX is working on releasing an official update to j-runner to add support for these new methods nativly, and to fix the issues that came when the servers went down.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 3:11 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

For videos, I would look on youtube. For that you will want to know what type of hack you are doing, and what chip you are using. They all do the same thing, but they use different pads, and designs on the board for the same signals, so each chip is sleightly different. Also, every console is sleightly different, so what works well on one might not work well on another of the same revision. So to begin, you will need to know the motherboard type, the glitch chip type, the ram type(If motherboard is coronaV5/V6), the Nand size(eg 4gb corona, 256/512mb jaspers, dont worry about 4gb trinity boards, as the memory space is an expansion module), and the hack type.

Once you have this information, you will need the required hardware, depending on your use case.(TX 4gb read/write kit, nand-x, jr-programmer, there are other options, but these are the better ones), soldering iron(obviously), etc.

Then find a video on youtube for that hack type, and board. EG search for: trinity S-RGH install, or trinity Project muffin install..... There are a ton of options, and as if now, TX is working on releasing an official update to j-runner to add support for these new methods nativly, and to fix the issues that came when the servers went down.

This is alot lol. How would I go about getting that information? I'm assuming crack it open and look for certain things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, johnkittz said:

This is alot lol. How would I go about getting that information? I'm assuming crack it open and look for certain things.

You can tell relatively easily of you have a phat or a slim.. Lol.. 

 

And for more finer details.. There are guides around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have slim rgh 250g with chrome trim is a trinity ready to go . I wont take less 150$

Comes with cables and power block and 1 controller 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, expokiki said:

I have slim rgh 250g with chrome trim is a trinity ready to go . I wont take less 150$

Comes with cables and power block and 1 controller 

you'll never send it though.. hahahahahaha... j.k.. 

 

this guy is pretty legit.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you still need a console, feel free to check out sn00wconsoles.com :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 2:41 PM, johnkittz said:

If I wanted to learn how to do it myself where could I go? 

I have a falcon phat if you're interested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...