RealModScene
johnkittz

Anybody know a trustworthy JTAG Seller?

I'm looking for a new jtag. I bought mine last year, but turns out the xbox he sent me was in terrible shape with rust, and dust all over the inside it's now on the verge of breaking down by constantly throwing ventilation errors not even a minute after starting it.

Just now, johnkittz said:

I'm looking for a new jtag. I bought mine last year, but turns out the xbox he sent me was in terrible shape with rust, and dust all over the inside it's now on the verge of breaking down by constantly throwing ventilation errors not even a minute after starting it.

go with RGH lol.. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, johnkittz said:

If it's the best I want it lol.

jtag mods are made on a specific dash.. drastically old.. rgh's can be done on the newest versions.. so having an older system is kind of pointless.. lol..

plus you can get an ace v3 for slims, or cr rev c for rgh1.2 for phats..

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, felida said:

jtag mods are made on a specific dash.. drastically old.. rgh's can be done on the newest versions.. so having an older system is kind of pointless.. lol..

plus you can get an ace v3 for slims, or cr rev c for rgh1.2 for phats..

Thanks for the information! Know any trustworthy sellers? I'm hoping to get the best I can so I can (hopefully)avoid a bad purchase. 

37 minutes ago, johnkittz said:

Thanks for the information! Know any trustworthy sellers? I'm hoping to get the best I can so I can (hopefully)avoid a bad purchase. 

i dont know of any.. i do it myself.. as it really isnt that hard.. lol

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I am with felida on this, but there are a ton of people that sell this stuff on the TX forums.

If I wanted to learn how to do it myself where could I go? 

For videos, I would look on youtube. For that you will want to know what type of hack you are doing, and what chip you are using. They all do the same thing, but they use different pads, and designs on the board for the same signals, so each chip is sleightly different. Also, every console is sleightly different, so what works well on one might not work well on another of the same revision. So to begin, you will need to know the motherboard type, the glitch chip type, the ram type(If motherboard is coronaV5/V6), the Nand size(eg 4gb corona, 256/512mb jaspers, dont worry about 4gb trinity boards, as the memory space is an expansion module), and the hack type.

Once you have this information, you will need the required hardware, depending on your use case.(TX 4gb read/write kit, nand-x, jr-programmer, there are other options, but these are the better ones), soldering iron(obviously), etc.

Then find a video on youtube for that hack type, and board. EG search for: trinity S-RGH install, or trinity Project muffin install..... There are a ton of options, and as if now, TX is working on releasing an official update to j-runner to add support for these new methods nativly, and to fix the issues that came when the servers went down.

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2019 at 3:11 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

For videos, I would look on youtube. For that you will want to know what type of hack you are doing, and what chip you are using. They all do the same thing, but they use different pads, and designs on the board for the same signals, so each chip is sleightly different. Also, every console is sleightly different, so what works well on one might not work well on another of the same revision. So to begin, you will need to know the motherboard type, the glitch chip type, the ram type(If motherboard is coronaV5/V6), the Nand size(eg 4gb corona, 256/512mb jaspers, dont worry about 4gb trinity boards, as the memory space is an expansion module), and the hack type.

Once you have this information, you will need the required hardware, depending on your use case.(TX 4gb read/write kit, nand-x, jr-programmer, there are other options, but these are the better ones), soldering iron(obviously), etc.

Then find a video on youtube for that hack type, and board. EG search for: trinity S-RGH install, or trinity Project muffin install..... There are a ton of options, and as if now, TX is working on releasing an official update to j-runner to add support for these new methods nativly, and to fix the issues that came when the servers went down.

This is alot lol. How would I go about getting that information? I'm assuming crack it open and look for certain things.

5 hours ago, johnkittz said:

This is alot lol. How would I go about getting that information? I'm assuming crack it open and look for certain things.

You can tell relatively easily of you have a phat or a slim.. Lol.. 

And for more finer details.. There are guides around

I have slim rgh 250g with chrome trim is a trinity ready to go . I wont take less 150$

Comes with cables and power block and 1 controller 

2 hours ago, expokiki said:

I have slim rgh 250g with chrome trim is a trinity ready to go . I wont take less 150$

Comes with cables and power block and 1 controller 

you'll never send it though.. hahahahahaha... j.k.. 

this guy is pretty legit.. 

On 2/19/2019 at 2:41 PM, johnkittz said:

If I wanted to learn how to do it myself where could I go? 

I have a falcon phat if you're interested