RealModScene
johnkittz

Need a small bit of advice on Trainer creation

I'm new to xbox trainer creation, but I do have experience in other mod/cheat creation like PC, IOS, and android. So I'm needing some advice from all you veterans out there. 

1. What's the best way to tackle a none visible value. Like a power cooldown or weapon overheat.

2. What's the best poker available?

3. Are xbox addresses static?

This is all for now but I'll probably have more as I progress. Thanks ahead of time for any information!

1 hour ago, johnkittz said:

I'm new to xbox trainer creation, but I do have experience in other mod/cheat creation like PC, IOS, and android. So I'm needing some advice from all you veterans out there. 

1. What's the best way to tackle a none visible value. Like a power cooldown or weapon overheat.

2. What's the best poker available?

3. Are xbox addresses static?

This is all for now but I'll probably have more as I progress. Thanks ahead of time for any information!

1. Depends on developer.. Lol

2. Peekpoker is great..

3. Yes and no 😝..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, felida said:

1. Depends on developer.. Lol

2. Peekpoker is great..

3. Yes and no 😝..

Lol mass effect 1 is the game with CD I wanna hack if that helps any with the question

I have peekpoker so I'm good there :)

could you explain further? Some sources say they are static while others disagree. I'm assuming it comes down to the game almost like pc.

3 hours ago, johnkittz said:

Lol mass effect 1 is the game with CD I wanna hack if that helps any with the question

I have peekpoker so I'm good there :)

could you explain further? Some sources say they are static while others disagree. I'm assuming it comes down to the game almost like pc.

1. i mean it depends on developer.. they could subtract the value, or add to it.. 

2. some games have static values, such as older xbla games, some CoD games, ect. but a lot of games also have dynamic addresses, that change with every boot of the game lol..

edit: for example: the value comes up in 0xC1234567.. next time it can come up 0xC213890 and so forth..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, felida said:

1. i mean it depends on developer.. they could subtract the value, or add to it.. 

2. some games have static values, such as older xbla games, some CoD games, ect. but a lot of games also have dynamic addresses, that change with every boot of the game lol..

edit: for example: the value comes up in 0xC1234567.. next time it can come up 0xC213890 and so forth..

That's kinda what I thought. Mostly comes down to the game/developer.

Is there some kind of way to bypass the address changing? Like pc has aobs (array of bytes) to search in order to hack dynamic addresses.

I'm sorry about all the questions. Just wanna learn as much as I can!

4 hours ago, johnkittz said:

That's kinda what I thought. Mostly comes down to the game/developer.

Is there some kind of way to bypass the address changing? Like pc has aobs (array of bytes) to search in order to hack dynamic addresses.

I'm sorry about all the questions. Just wanna learn as much as I can!

Yes I know what array of bytes is.. Lmao..

But you'd get the offset, set a breakpoint in vs, the get the unchanging section of code that actually handles the code.. That part only changes with title updates.. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, felida said:

Yes I know what array of bytes is.. Lmao..

But you'd get the offset, set a breakpoint in vs, the get the unchanging section of code that actually handles the code.. That part only changes with title updates.. 

Okay nice! You've been a MAJOR help to me because that one question has been nagging at me. I cannot thank you enough. 

Lol sorry I assumed you didnt know what AOB was. You'd be surprised by how many people dont know what it means. Again thank you!!!! :)

2 minutes ago, johnkittz said:

Okay nice! You've been a MAJOR help to me because that one question has been nagging at me. I cannot thank you enough. 

Lol sorry I assumed you didnt know what AOB was. You'd be surprised by how many people dont know what it means. Again thank you!!!! :)

Your array of bytes comes into doing searches.. For multiple title updates trainers.. But yeah.. You still have to find the offsets in both to make sure the code didnt change.. Or a register changes.. Or if an ident changes.. I suggest you play with the xyztools I posted.. For aurora trainers.. There are other guides for other engines.. But yeah you'd like AxRs tools.. He did a lot of guides and such inside his tool that was released.

Good luck on the trainer making.. Asm pokes can be a pain in the ass.. Haha

• Thanks 1