RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Hackerjac

Move Aurora to new hdd

I'm upgrading the internal hdd on my xbox, but when i have copied the aurora folder to the new hdd and start it up, all my settings are gone, no game path

What is i'm doing wrong ?

Because the DB uses the partition UUID to keep track of drives, so copying the aurora folder will copy the data, but then it looks for the data on the old drive when it loads the DB. You need to change the uuid for the partition in the db, then it should work. I am not going to write a guide on this, but will tell you that you need to plug the HDD into a computer, and then to run a tool like partedmagic to get the UUID..... There is probably a tool that works in Windows for this, but I run linux, so...... then you just need to replace that value in the settings.db file using sqlite browser. Save the DB, and put it back on the xbox, and it should work.

Ok, got it solved, all my games is on an external 3.5" hdd connected with usb to the 360, only use the internal for DLC and maybe 5-7 GOD's

So was wondering why the UUID should have changes on my external

But seems like the setting.db somehow got corrupted in the transfer to new hdd, but after a second attempt of copying it was working

Thanks for the explanation