RealModScene
killigeo

some help with emulators on 360

Hello everyone,

So i have been playing games on my xbox 360 jtag/rgh for quite some time now. Yet there is one thing i never explored on my 360 and that's the possibility to have emulators on my 360 and play older games. I do know that aurora has a xbox emulator installed and i have tried that but i am looking for other emulators.

i have seen some posts on realmodscene that were about packages full of emulators but as far as i saw there was no real toturial on what and how to install emulators. i also don't know any jargon surrounding emulators so understanding those posts were a bit difficult.

i have seen Retroarch files wich i believe were sometimes used on the 360 but i've also seen Felida having a package of some sort.

Some help with what and where to install the emulators would be appreciated. I also suppose the roms are just the regular roms that you can everywhere. Or does something have to be done to the roms before putting them on the 360? Or can i download just one emulator like a GBA emulator if i only need one.

My goal with his is to play all of almost all castlevania games.

In short: I am a noob that don't know anything about the emulators for 360 and i need a basic toturial.

commenting a link to a toturial is also fine.

Thanks in advance!!

1 hour ago, killigeo said:

Hello everyone,

So i have been playing games on my xbox 360 jtag/rgh for quite some time now. Yet there is one thing i never explored on my 360 and that's the possibility to have emulators on my 360 and play older games. I do know that aurora has a xbox emulator installed and i have tried that but i am looking for other emulators.

i have seen some posts on realmodscene that were about packages full of emulators but as far as i saw there was no real toturial on what and how to install emulators. i also don't know any jargon surrounding emulators so understanding those posts were a bit difficult.

i have seen Retroarch files wich i believe were sometimes used on the 360 but i've also seen Felida having a package of some sort.

Some help with what and where to install the emulators would be appreciated. I also suppose the roms are just the regular roms that you can everywhere. Or does something have to be done to the roms before putting them on the 360? Or can i download just one emulator like a GBA emulator if i only need one.

My goal with his is to play all of almost all castlevania games.

In short: I am a noob that don't know anything about the emulators for 360 and i need a basic toturial.

commenting a link to a toturial is also fine.

Thanks in advance!!

Ok.. So im going to suggest my build of retroarch.. As it is setup already.

Yes you can download just 1 emulator. No, nothing special has to be done to the roms.

The emulators can be placed anywhere on your hdd, just make sure to scan for them so they will show in aurora coverflow.

In my build, just place your roms inside the roms folder(create it if it isnt there, but it should in mine). 

So snes roms would go:

Retroarch/Snes/roms/

And same for nes/gba/etc. But in their specific emulator folder.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask mate

4 minutes ago, felida said:

Yes you can download just 1 emulator. No, nothing special has to be done to the roms.

The emulators can be placed anywhere on your hdd, just make sure to scan for them so they will show in aurora coverflow.

In my build, just place your roms inside the roms folder(create it if it isnt there, but it should in mine). 

So snes roms would go:

Retroarch/Snes/roms/

So i can just use any retroarch version? because i also saw something called retroarch360 if i'm correct. There is also something called Mame and if i'm correct that is something just like retroarch. correct me if i'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, killigeo said:

So i can just use any retroarch version? because i also saw something called retroarch360 if i'm correct. There is also something called Mame and if i'm correct that is something just like retroarch. correct me if i'm wrong.

Ok.. Retroarch is a front-end.

There are standalone emulators, snes360 for example.

The retroarch cores are all the emulators.

Snes/mame/gba/etc

Yes you can download whatever you want.. I suggest my build as it is "noob" friendly.. And is more polished than the original release. 

Just now, felida said:

Ok.. Retroarch is a front-end.

There are standalone emulators, snes360 for example.

The retroarch cores are all the emulators.

Snes/mame/gba/etc

Yes you can download whatever you want.. I suggest my build as it is "noob" friendly.. And is more polished than the original release. 

and your built is the one i saw popping up in another post?

1 minute ago, killigeo said:

and your built is the one i saw popping up in another post?

yeah, make sure to read it, also.. make sure you set the script data as "emulator" in the scan settings of aurora, so you can take advantage of the Rom Auto-Launch feature..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, loady said:

could you explain why with your package, mame roms appear upside down and out of scale, they work fine in a standalone mame 360 emulator, I would like to use the retroarch

Ive had no problem with mame.. Like I said before.. Mame roms are version specific.. You cant use different versions

1 hour ago, loady said:

god knows what romsets I have, I think a mixture, my working version of mame is based on mame 0.72, I like it because it gives a cover on the cover flow, however, the retroarch functionality is great, getting working rompacks is a royal PITA.

Is it just me and you here ?, you must be sick of me

I mostly check on my phone haha.. But there are others.. And like I said.. Emulators go by folder name.. So you can rename retroarch folder to correct emu with cover.. 

I will check on the mame again here tonight.. But others have no problem.. As i ported the sound fix for certain games lol

8 hours ago, loady said:

Yer cool, let me know, maybe it its my rom, I can try and upload it here.

I re-look at the retro arch, however, I must say I like the standalone ones I have, especially SNES and megadrive emus, they have neat back ground music and cool frontends...very polished.

The ones I released are standalone ones.. Haha..

With some minor editing.. The front end can be easily changed.. At the user level..

15 hours ago, Treyvonosaurous said:

How do you add cheats to gba roms on the xbox 360 gba emulator? (like game shark codes)

depends which emulator mate.. as far as i know, only the retroarch unofficial build lets you use cheats..

New to this stuff, as well. I just purchased an Xbox 360 with "Rgh jtag aurora" for my son (and myself)lol. It came with 80 360 games on it. I would like to put nes and other games on it, as well. Is there a link to an all in one emulator that will work on the 360?

On 12/24/2020 at 2:33 PM, ScubaCole said:

New to this stuff, as well. I just purchased an Xbox 360 with "Rgh jtag aurora" for my son (and myself)lol. It came with 80 360 games on it. I would like to put nes and other games on it, as well. Is there a link to an all in one emulator that will work on the 360?

There is no "all in one" but there is specific ones.. You can look on this forum for "felidas retroarch"

Its pretty much setup and easy to use mate.

On 1/28/2019 at 4:19 AM, felida said:

So snes roms would go:

Retroarch/Snes/roms/

Felida,

Hello. I searched and looked through a lot of Felidas retroarch posts. There were links to cheat codes and a couple non existing pages. Do you have a link to working retroarch download for my 360. Thank-you! 

2 hours ago, ScubaCole said:

Felida,

Hello. I searched and looked through a lot of Felidas retroarch posts. There were links to cheat codes and a couple non existing pages. Do you have a link to working retroarch download for my 360. Thank-you! 

there is a link in the first post below the cheats..