RealModScene
nurbs

RGH Corona 4g no internal hdd - system update

I bought a xbox 360 slim 4g (RGH) no internal hdd last year December. The problem is kinect doesn't work. I update the firmware to 17526 and it was successful. However, after I put $SystemUpdate or $$ystemUpdate in my 16Gb flash drive insert it in front usb and kinect is connected, no update prompt. The update prompt displaying on the screen was post-8182-0-53394900-1397127826_thumb.jpg even if I start a kinect game.

I formatted my 16gb flash drive in xbox and make it as memory unit and I put the $SystemUpdate and $$ystemUpdate in my external hdd. After booting my xbox, it prompt and update was successful. My problem is that I need the 16gb flash drive connected to be able to use the kinect. I want to eliminate the 16gb and put the avatar update in internal 4gb. I checked the storage and there's an unformatted drive and I think this is the 4gb internal mem. I saved my profiles and games in my external hdd.

Another problem I had was my 2.5" 1tb Toshiba (HGST when checked in Windows) external hdd doesn't detected on first boot. I need to disconnect and connect it again to be detected by xbox. But when I try my 2.5" 500GB WD external hdd, it was detected on first boot.

Please give me some suggestions on how to fix this.

1. Should I format the internal 4gb and do the avatar update again? Will it bricked my xbox?

2. Should I use my 1tb or 500gb external as internal hdd and do the avatar update?

3. What should I do with my 1tb?

Not working since my internal 4gb flash mem is unformatted and I don't have an internal hdd.  Should I format the 4gb flash mem? Will it brick my console?

On 1/15/2019 at 10:44 AM, nurbs said:

Not working since my internal 4gb flash mem is unformatted and I don't have an internal hdd.  Should I format the 4gb flash mem? Will it brick my console?

You'll have to change the NAND chip. It's corrupted. Look for a RGH shop that will do the service is easy.

16 minutes ago, Neocazen said:

You'll have to change the NAND chip. It's corrupted. Look for a RGH shop that will do the service is easy.

You are soooooo wrong!

On 1/15/2019 at 7:44 AM, nurbs said:

It is highly recommended you don't format that. The 4gb flash memory is your nand. It is not corrupted, but isn't patched to not have that available. 

Your BEST solution, is to buy a cheap 2.5" hdd and a cheap $5 slim hdd case and have an internal hdd. This is how the console is designed to operate. You can go the thumb drive route with dash 17349+, but you will have to leave the thumb drive in, as I previously stated, this is how the console is designed to work.

I wont bother going into detail about why you shouldn't use the 4gb internal for stuff, but there are plenty of threads and guides on this.

And to answer your question about the hdd not being detected, it is probably the hdd case that is causing the issue. Not the hdd itself, so you can use it as internal

Thanks guys. I will use my 1 tb as internal and format it in xbox then do the avatar update. I'll post an update later.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:13 PM, felida said:

It is highly recommended you don't format that. The 4gb flash memory is your nand. It is not corrupted, but isn't patched to not have that available. 

i sent my corona4g to get rgh and now its shown as unformatted, i m about t update dashboard to 17559 with xebuild, would it be possible to fix the 4g in the process?

21 hours ago, N1mr0d said:

i sent my corona4g to get rgh and now its shown as unformatted, i m about t update dashboard to 17559 with xebuild, would it be possible to fix the 4g in the process?

You "could" but again, it is not recommended.. so I won't tell you how.. 

This is a safety feature to protect the nand..

and to stop people from complaining that we should give advice to fix their mistakes when they have been told something isn't a good idea 😉

Yo, so i had the same issue. my 4gb internal flash is gaurunteed gone, would it be possible to take it out and put an HDD in its place? or even an SSD?