RealModScene
EvilMoukin

[Aurora] Notice on navigation in the main menu and sub-menu.

First of all, a huge thank you and congratulations for the quantity and quality of work that has been done !Β πŸ‘
And thanks to the developer for allowing users to review their experience of operating solutions. 😍

In advance, I apologize if the developers find it inconvenient to make comparisons with the FSD (which I understand 😊), but I think that the advances made by the FSD, even if their approach is not the same, can benefit Aurora.

Β 

Hello !

Β 

Former FSD 3 user, I came to Aurora because I found it faster, stable, light, smart and more contemporary in design.

Using Aurora for some time, I realized that some navigation solutions in the FSD menu were finally really good, and that taking them back on Aurora could make the experience even more enjoyable.

I want to talk about 2 things about the main menu.

The first concerns the selection of a game to play :

Currently, on Aurora, the selection is done directly by pressing A, the information is read by pressing Y.
The FSD method was broken down and save the function of the Y button.
Can not we select a game by pressing A, see its characteristics, and press A again to launch it ?

This will avoid, in my opinion, launching a game by mistake (and it is a long time to return to the menu in this case), and press A and then quickly again on A to launch it directly is not longer than the current version in pressing single.

The second concerns navigation from one library to another :

Currently, on Aurora, you have to do RB or LB, then select the choice with A.
The FSD method is to switch from one to the other of a single input.
Could not you go from one library to another with RB or LR, without confirming with A ?

This would allow me to make navigation smoother and faster.

Β 

Here is my first and very good impression as user of Aurora, and 2 modification that I would like to have.

Please, tell me if you find my remarks without interest or if you will include them in an upcoming update ! 😎

Thank you !

1 hour ago, EvilMoukin said:

First of all, a huge thank you and congratulations for the quantity and quality of work that has been done !Β πŸ‘
And thanks to the developer for allowing users to review their experience of operating solutions. 😍

In advance, I apologize if the developers find it inconvenient to make comparisons with the FSD (which I understand 😊), but I think that the advances made by the FSD, even if their approach is not the same, can benefit Aurora.

Β 

Hello !

Β 

Former FSD 3 user, I came to Aurora because I found it faster, stable, light, smart and more contemporary in design.

Using Aurora for some time, I realized that some navigation solutions in the FSD menu were finally really good, and that taking them back on Aurora could make the experience even more enjoyable.

I want to talk about 2 things about the main menu.

The first concerns the selection of a game to play :

Currently, on Aurora, the selection is done directly by pressing A, the information is read by pressing Y.
The FSD method was broken down and save the function of the Y button.
Can not we select a game by pressing A, see its characteristics, and press A again to launch it ?

This will avoid, in my opinion, launching a game by mistake (and it is a long time to return to the menu in this case), and press A and then quickly again on A to launch it directly is not longer than the current version in pressing single.

The second concerns navigation from one library to another :

Currently, on Aurora, you have to do RB or LB, then select the choice with A.
The FSD method is to switch from one to the other of a single input.
Could not you go from one library to another with RB or LR, without confirming with A ?

This would allow me to make navigation smoother and faster.

Β 

Here is my first and very good impression as user of Aurora, and 2 modification that I would like to have.

Please, tell me if you find my remarks without interest or if you will include them in an upcoming update ! 😎

Thank you !

you're missing the fact that TeamPhoenix in fact DOES have members from FSD, and they made this to be different from FSD.

Ok, thanks for this clarification! ☺️
My remarks do not want to question your concept and the necessary and existing difference between these 2 good applications, nor your wish to let this difference continue.
It's just a matter of ergonomics, having used both concepts.
A kind of return by comparison to try to have the best of both worlds ! ☺️

In any case thank you for taking the time to read my suggestions.Β πŸ˜‰