RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Shadha

Xenon360 History App

Welcome to the first Public Release of the Xenon360 History App!
image.thumb.png.bbc246a8e1073956feb1a94838195da7.png

Version Release: 1.0 | January 5, 2019

What is this?
This piece of homebrew is our way of documenting one of the most creative and interesting Video Game Consoles out there, the Xbox 360.
we believe that sharing this info is important to understand and appreciate what we have. We aim at documenting all aspects of the 360, from the early days of XenonOS and its roots back in 2003, to today, where we are still finding unreleased games and new info about the Xbox 360. We hope to have info about every Build we see, Info about Beta kits, Official Xbox Magazine. This is just the beginning...

Please visit protoplanet.us for more info

Features:

• Can read info about the G5 Alpha kits
  • Our build sheet in which you can see what games look like throughout there development process

Most of the features below have been started and will gradually be implemented with each update.
Coming soon:

• Video playback of builds, so you can see more than just video
  • Look at the history of the Xbox 360 kiosk machine and what they do
  • Look at random gathered Documents contained, which involve G5 SDK info, different 360 milestones
  • See all available XDK recoveries
  • See all the different Xbox 360 Case designs
  • Massive documentation on Official Xbox Magazine, outlining differences within each monthly disc
  • XDK help center

This is our first homebrew, bugs, crashes, random slow downs may happen. Please be helpful and report here any issues you have, that way we can optimize this for the best performance!

Download Links:

CREDITS & SPECIAL THANKS:

Gunz4Hire
tjd2
InsaneNutter and digiex.net
The great people over at Prototopia.net
XeDev, XeCanada and Xenonwiki.com
The God of UI, Rowbotik
Demon, Xe, Alpha, Yubi, Codeasm and anyone I missed who helped awnser my questions!
This wouldnt have been possible without all the kind words and passion we have for the 360

Thank you! 
  • Like 4

We  have video if you are unable to use this homebrew,  small hiccup with getting it to run on RGH

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 2:46 AM, Shadha said:

Added download link for J-TAG\RGH
Enjoy :D

so this is basically just a text document for use on the console??

Its a application that documents xbox 360 history, different sections have different bits of info, images, videos, all kinds of stuff.
i am currently in the works of adding all the "Horror Meets Comedy" the lost xbox live shorts from 2008 into the app, redid the UI for the build section
and doing some ui for the new sections that are coming with the app :D

While this is cool, documenting all this information in one nice place, I dont see many people wanting it as an app. That being said, there are plenty of things for the 360 that people have wanted forever, and I think efforts would be better placed, changing this app into an online DB, and modifying the app to get the information from there. Much easier to maintain, code wise and information wise, as the app is just a frontend to the data structures you have pre set up. If you did it this way, not only could people use the app on their Xbox 360(Assuming they have a devkit, or RGH/JTAG console), but the rest of the people that do not can access it through a website. This will cut down on app updates, and even better allow you to push updates to the app, and anyone can easily add information to the DB, obviously to be screened for accuracy. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, :D
 doing an online database was a idea from the start, but this is my very first homebrew, i know almost nothing about coding so i am doing what i know, that is a great idea and id love to do it that way, but i would not know where to start, i am mostly playing with XUI and some little coding, i do have a website that i am keeping all the same info as in the app, https://protoplanet.us .. but either way if i get smart enough i will definatly switch to server side :S

11 hours ago, Shadha said:

doing an online database was a idea from the start, but this is my very first homebrew, i know almost nothing about coding so i am doing what i know, that is a great idea and id love to do it that way, but i would not know where to start, i am mostly playing with XUI and some little coding, i do have a website that i am keeping all the same info as in the app, https://protoplanet.us .. but either way if i get smart enough i will definatly switch to server side :S

Well good luck mate.. Would you be willing to share the source to the app? All I'm interested in is the main part for xui stuff.. Lol.. Feel free to pm me with it if you are

Wait what? You have all the orignal "Horror Meets Comedy" XBL video files?? That would be awesome to include, as they're hard to come by. :) I really like your app Shadha, and would love to see updates! Keep up the great work.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shadha said:

Looked at the history you have, but you are missing all of the stuff about the early days of the SMC hack(JTAG), the work that was done by C4ever(Drive CFWS), RGH by GliGli,  or any of the homebrew developers and apps. For an app that gives you information about xbox 360's that runs on hacked xbox 360's, it seems weird not to at least have some context there, or maybe even some guides. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Looked at the history you have, but you are missing all of the stuff about the early days of the SMC hack(JTAG), the work that was done by C4ever(Drive CFWS), RGH by GliGli,  or any of the homebrew developers and apps. For an app that gives you information about xbox 360's that runs on hacked xbox 360's, it seems weird not to at least have some context there, or maybe even some guides. 

Oh it will be there :D
I started with builds, then went to like kiosk then stopped that to work on the alpha era.

there is loads more that is not added yet :D
anything else you can think of adding let me know!

@Remmigiosh Yes they will be available to download soon, we have the packages but they have drm stuff, so we gotta rebuild the packages using the original package id's, here is one of the videos thas been hidden from anyone to watch for nearly 10 years! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5x1GT8qMJI

Xenon360 History App V2.0

- Fixed Audio reset glitch

- Redesigned the Build Hub

- Added XeDK Beta Hub

- Added Credits Hub

- Added Horror Meets Comedy Hub(WIP)

- general stability improvements

- Added r/360Hacks Milestone Hub

https://protoplanet.us/project-neomenu/xenon360-history-app-v1-0/

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

• Like 1

Great work Shadha, thanks for updating. I'll definitely check out the Horror Meets Comedy hub, among the rest obviously.

• Like 1