RealModScene
Kosti

System Link Problems

Kids holidays so we've been bashing BO2 over the last few days and I have 3 consoles that we use to play off via the LAN at home one in each room, I believe some are older Aurora version and DASH, but that doesn't seem to pose a problem and it all appears to works fine, as all 3 consoles can join a game that I create in the main lobby

A friend wanted to play so we got him a console modded it and tried to play "online" via LiNK..This is where the problem appears.

When at friends house, I can create a room in the lobby, and we wait for the kids to join at my place. When the first console at my place logs on all is fine we can see them join up however as soon the second console joins, it kicks out the previous console logged in at my place.

Checking the Lobby, they are still connected one shows a crown next to user name however they cannot join the game no matter after this as they do not see the room when trying to refresh. When we reverse the role and I get them to create the room, once the two consoles at my place join, the one at my friends place cannot see the game in the BO2 system link when choosing join game?

Game - BO2, TU18

Consoles all pass and test the LiNK and ports 3071, 3072, All consoles have unique UNITY logins, I go into game and setup 6 teams, just not sure what is going on so..any clues?

What am I doing wrong?

BTW Happy NEW YEAR all!!

EDIT  - All Dashboard settings are the same in the game, as per recommendations only the conpatch I manually enables..

15 hours ago, Kosti said:

Kids holidays so we've been bashing BO2 over the last few days and I have 3 consoles that we use to play off via the LAN at home one in each room, I believe some are older Aurora version and DASH, but that doesn't seem to pose a problem and it all appears to works fine, as all 3 consoles can join a game that I create in the main lobby

A friend wanted to play so we got him a console modded it and tried to play "online" via LiNK..This is where the problem appears.

When at friends house, I can create a room in the lobby, and we wait for the kids to join at my place. When the first console at my place logs on all is fine we can see them join up however as soon the second console joins, it kicks out the previous console logged in at my place.

Checking the Lobby, they are still connected one shows a crown next to user name however they cannot join the game no matter after this as they do not see the room when trying to refresh. When we reverse the role and I get them to create the room, once the two consoles at my place join, the one at my friends place cannot see the game in the BO2 system link when choosing join game?

Game - BO2, TU18

Consoles all pass and test the LiNK and ports 3071, 3072, All consoles have unique UNITY logins, I go into game and setup 6 teams, just not sure what is going on so..any clues?

What am I doing wrong?

BTW Happy NEW YEAR all!!

EDIT  - All Dashboard settings are the same in the game, as per recommendations only the conpatch I manually enables..

You do not use link when in the same house.. it is not needed.. 

Second, all of the Xboxs can't pass the as all the Xboxs can not use the same port.. 

Third, you can not mix connections, all wired or all wireless

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 1:12 AM, felida said:

You do not use link when in the same house.. it is not needed.. 

Second, all of the Xboxs can't pass the as all the Xboxs can not use the same port.. 

Third, you can not mix connections, all wired or all wireless

Thanks for the "pro tips"!!

OK so when I am at home and playing locally on my LAN, do I not need to use LiNK for mulitplayer? I am a little confused on this comment now

Rightio then for all 3 RGH devices at home should I be assigning fixed IP addresses and give them each different ports on the router for LiNK? I just assumed 3071 & 3072 was specific for Link to work??

For the "internet" connections being fixed or wired, is this so it keeps the same "game speed" again a little surprised by this but makes sense if its to keep the game play sync'd

Thanks again for the taking the time to reply, if you could please clarify the above...Thanks.

PEACE

Kosti

6 hours ago, Kosti said:

Thanks for the "pro tips"!!

OK so when I am at home and playing locally on my LAN, do I not need to use LiNK for mulitplayer? I am a little confused on this comment now

Rightio then for all 3 RGH devices at home should I be assigning fixed IP addresses and give them each different ports on the router for LiNK? I just assumed 3071 & 3072 was specific for Link to work??

For the "internet" connections being fixed or wired, is this so it keeps the same "game speed" again a little surprised by this but makes sense if its to keep the game play sync'd

Thanks again for the taking the time to reply, if you could please clarify the above...Thanks.

PEACE

Kosti

The wireless and wired connections will never connect.. this is due to the Xbox itself.. M$ even tells you it won't work..

Link is not needed for "in house" LAN parties.. because that is exactly what system link is for.. Link is useful for playing with people over a distance.. So your neighbor can use it, but if you are just playing with people in your house via same router, then link is just not needed.

The ports:

You can change the ports in aurora.. the defaults are 3071 and 3072.. but you can only use 1 set of ports per Xbox, as you can not open the same port for multiple connections..

So xb1 is 3071/3072

Xb2 is 3073/3074

Etc.. You can chose the ports, just make sure aurora reflects it.. You can set static ip's or use the reserved option, both work fine.

Now my final advice is, make sure you installed the avatar update, it really is an oversight, but specifically bops 2 will play normally in single player mode without it,  but once player 2 joins it will crash the game.. learned this the hard way when static pulse and I were playing zombies.. he swore he had it installed until he realized it wasn't lmao..

If you need anymore help, feel free to ask

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 4:31 AM, felida said:

The wireless and wired connections will never connect.. this is due to the Xbox itself.. M$ even tells you it won't work..

Link is not needed for "in house" LAN parties.. because that is exactly what system link is for.. Link is useful for playing with people over a distance.. So your neighbor can use it, but if you are just playing with people in your house via same router, then link is just not needed.

The ports:

You can change the ports in aurora.. the defaults are 3071 and 3072.. but you can only use 1 set of ports per Xbox, as you can not open the same port for multiple connections..

So xb1 is 3071/3072

Xb2 is 3073/3074

Etc.. You can chose the ports, just make sure aurora reflects it.. You can set static ip's or use the reserved option, both work fine.

Now my final advice is, make sure you installed the avatar update, it really is an oversight, but specifically bops 2 will play normally in single player mode without it,  but once player 2 joins it will crash the game.. learned this the hard way when static pulse and I were playing zombies.. he swore he had it installed until he realized it wasn't lmao..

If you need anymore help, feel free to ask

Ok thanks heaps, will try this again tonight and confirm

to to close off, when I’m home and playing locally on my LAN, I don’t use the System Link Options to setup the game?

i just go into the game of BO2 choose multiplayer “local”

i will have a play around with it but it’s too damn hot right now to try but will report back asap

Thanks again mate!

Peace

Kosti

15 hours ago, Kosti said:

Ok thanks heaps, will try this again tonight and confirm

to to close off, when I’m home and playing locally on my LAN, I don’t use the System Link Options to setup the game?

i just go into the game of BO2 choose multiplayer “local”

i will have a play around with it but it’s too damn hot right now to try but will report back asap

Thanks again mate!

Peace

Kosti

You have to disable link.. but yeah, 

Once you do, all your consoles in home will be able to see eachother..

• Like 1

Ok finally got around to making the changes

xb1 3071,3072

xb2 3073, 3074

xb3 3075, 3076

can now play LiNK and my friends can now see all players

now the only problem is when we just want to play local without LiNK we can see the each other on the local LAN

Ok so which link do I need to disable? This looked straight forward but seems something isn’t right!

PEACE

Kosti

9 hours ago, Kosti said:

Ok finally got around to making the changes

xb1 3071,3072

xb2 3073, 3074

xb3 3075, 3076

can now play LiNK and my friends can now see all players

now the only problem is when we just want to play local without LiNK we can see the each other on the local LAN

Ok so which link do I need to disable? This looked straight forward but seems something isn’t right!

PEACE

Kosti

You just disable link on all consoles..

Or better phrased, you unload the nova plugin.

This way doesn't require internet either.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 2:11 AM, felida said:

You just disable link on all consoles..

Or better phrased, you unload the nova plugin.

This way doesn't require internet either.

yes yes yes!

Whhoohhooooo!

Finally got it working by disabling/unloading the plugin, thanks heaps mate

So some COD worked on local LAN others didn't and I needed system link such as MW4, either way we had a blast with the kids

On COD3 shame you cannot split screen, like COD2 but we had fun playing and now have WAN and LAN sorted :D

Again thanks for taking the time to provide the steps needed to get this to work

PEACE

Kosti