RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
MSardi

Having a really hard time to play Link

Sup guys...

I never played in link before since I got my rgh. Today I tried to play HALO REACH to have some fun, but all I'm having is headache...

The things is: I open the game, join the public server, chose a party to join, then got a damn message: 

UNABLE TO JOIN
The party may have an incompatible network setup. Your setting, OPEN NAT, is usually compatible. Visit for more information.

And so my journey began. I spent hours trying to solve the problem but I just can't nail it... someone could, please, help me??

• I'm using TU1
  • I tried to port forward 3071, 3072 (both UDP/TCP)
  • I tried to set a static IP to my xbox, but when I did it, Aurora failed to connect to the internet at all... I mean, normally I can login to Link, see the users, join the rooms, etc, but not with a static IP, even those things fails...
  • I already have an Unity account, checked the "enabled unity connection" and put my API key in Aurora's Profile tab.
    • Double checked API key
    • Reset API key, double checked it again
  • Below, the configuration I used to port forward my router.
    • image.png.611965db547687172d6016de07aae10e.png

What should I do? Am I missing something? 

2 hours ago, MSardi said:

Sup guys...

I never played in link before since I got my rgh. Today I tried to play HALO REACH to have some fun, but all I'm having is headache...

The things is: I open the game, join the public server, chose a party to join, then got a damn message: 

And so my journey began. I spent hours trying to solve the problem but I just can't nail it... someone could, please, help me??

• I'm using TU1
  • I tried to port forward 3071, 3072 (both UDP/TCP)
  • I tried to set a static IP to my xbox, but when I did it, Aurora failed to connect to the internet at all... I mean, normally I can login to Link, see the users, join the rooms, etc, but not with a static IP, even those things fails...
  • I already have an Unity account, checked the "enabled unity connection" and put my API key in Aurora's Profile tab.
    • Double checked API key
    • Reset API key, double checked it again
  • Below, the configuration I used to port forward my router.
    • image.png.611965db547687172d6016de07aae10e.png

What should I do? Am I missing something? 

the issue with the static ip, is it has to be the same as your network..

for instance, your network is 192.168.0.1, xbox ip should be something with 192.168.0.XXX

ALSO, if you have dhcp enabled, you need to set your IP outside of the range of that..

portforward.com has guides to help

Well, Halo just worked, all of sudden... but now I'm having a similar issue with CoD BO2, probably because of the same thing. When I try to join a game, it says

Error

Unable to join game session

When I tried the static IP it was the same, as you said, just the last numbers were different... About DHCP, I never heard of that. I even don't know if It's enabled here... I'll do some research and see how it goes.

Thanks a lot, man!!

EDIT(s):

1. Turns out I do have DHCP enabled. Went to my router's settings, saw the range and set my console's IP out of that... But didn't worked. Still have no internet connection when the static IP is set :( 
  2. I just tried new things
    1. Instead of setting outside the range, I made a reservation for it. Didn't worked.
    2. Let the reservation set, and activated DMZ for xbox IP. Didn't worked as well.
    3. Removed Static IP (now I can access the internet and still have the same IP. Guess it was bcz of reservation). Portforwarded again, to 3071 and 3072: unsuccessful.
    4. Ps.: tried to play some Halo,but the error came back again :( 

16 hours ago, MSardi said:

Well, Halo just worked, all of sudden... but now I'm having a similar issue with CoD BO2, probably because of the same thing. When I try to join a game, it says

When I tried the static IP it was the same, as you said, just the last numbers were different... About DHCP, I never heard of that. I even don't know if It's enabled here... I'll do some research and see how it goes.

Thanks a lot, man!!

EDIT(s):

1. Turns out I do have DHCP enabled. Went to my router's settings, saw the range and set my console's IP out of that... But didn't worked. Still have no internet connection when the static IP is set :( 
  2. I just tried new things
    1. Instead of setting outside the range, I made a reservation for it. Didn't worked.
    2. Let the reservation set, and activated DMZ for xbox IP. Didn't worked as well.
    3. Removed Static IP (now I can access the internet and still have the same IP. Guess it was bcz of reservation). Portforwarded again, to 3071 and 3072: unsuccessful.
    4. Ps.: tried to play some Halo,but the error came back again :( 

how are you connecting the xbox up. through a PC bridge or what?? directly to the router??

7 hours ago, felida said:

how are you connecting the xbox up. through a PC bridge or what?? directly to the router??

My Xbox is connected to the router, via Wi-Fi. It's connected to the same network as my PC, TV, smartphone, etc.

Edit(s)

1. I don't know if this is relevant, but whenever I try to test connection to the xbox live, it fails in two things: internet and xbox live... but even with these fails, I still can connect to internet with aurora: can run/download scripts, TUs, etc.
  2. Now I've got myself a new problem... My xbox is getting assigned to a IP that's out of the DHCP range. It happened after I tried to connect to a neighbour's internet, to see if I could play... Oh, for the record: I couldn't. The rooms didn't showed up in that other network 😕 
  3. Well, after some time:
    1. With a few resets (both modem/xbox) and the removal of IP reservation from the DHCP range, the automatic IP got back to normal and now I'm back to internet with Aurora, though still can't join any games.
    2. I ran this test with NOVA Script... does this helps? What is this "System Link Ping Limit Patch"??

image.png.0048f1e2069b9626a43e018bfb42433b.png

21 hours ago, MSardi said:

My Xbox is connected to the router, via Wi-Fi. It's connected to the same network as my PC, TV, smartphone, etc.

Edit(s)

1. I don't know if this is relevant, but whenever I try to test connection to the xbox live, it fails in two things: internet and xbox live... but even with these fails, I still can connect to internet with aurora: can run/download scripts, TUs, etc.
  2. Now I've got myself a new problem... My xbox is getting assigned to a IP that's out of the DHCP range. It happened after I tried to connect to a neighbour's internet, to see if I could play... Oh, for the record: I couldn't. The rooms didn't showed up in that other network 😕 
  3. Well, after some time:
    1. With a few resets (both modem/xbox) and the removal of IP reservation from the DHCP range, the automatic IP got back to normal and now I'm back to internet with Aurora, though still can't join any games.
    2. I ran this test with NOVA Script... does this helps? What is this "System Link Ping Limit Patch"??

image.png.0048f1e2069b9626a43e018bfb42433b.png

You need to enable that in dashlaunch..

It is also the reason you can't join games..

1 hour ago, felida said:

You need to enable that in dashlaunch..

It is also the reason you can't join games..

Really?? Oh boy, and I was all portforwarding, "bridge-ing" my router, etc...

So, I'm on it now. Opened the Dashlaunch in the "Modules" tab, but the options are all gray, I can't edit them. What should I do?? Meanwhile, I'll be doing some research.

image.png.7ca6cf90b5f0ce1f8c81a9b472ad8df8.png

Aurora doesnt edit them, just displays what the values are set to. You need to use the dashlaunch config app, or edit the INI directly to enable that. There is also the per game settings, but ping patch should be system wide generally.

18 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Aurora doesnt edit them, just displays what the values are set to. You need to use the dashlaunch config app, or edit the INI directly to enable that. There is also the per game settings, but ping patch should be system wide generally.

Well, I figured that, so I was looking for the Dashlaunch's .xex to change that... BUUUUT it happened that I has clicked in something I shouldn't, now I end up with my own Aurora messed up... in the last 40min I'm working to restore it. Right now, I'm back on Aurora 0.5b and trying (unsucessfully) to upgrade to 0.7b.

So, Gavin, can you tell me more about it, please?? This Dashlaunch app comes with the 0.7b version, right? How can I access this config app? Or even the INI... And where can I find them??

EDIT:

I'm back to 0.7b, hope I have overcome that problem for good... Oh! And now that "Ping Limit Patching" box in Dashlaunch is checked!!! That's what I call a blessing in disguise!! Here's my new NOVA's test results.

image.png.90de5b9196a5ab5a5ac135dff42d8e13.png

That problem comes to people who have bad connection to the host.

The ping limit caused you a bad connection.

You can still get that issue when you have bad connection to the host.