RealModScene
baabox

x360ace V5 chip

I noticed that x360ace has released new chips since V3, with the most recent being V5. Does anyone have experience with these new chips?

The new chips seem to use a new clock signal from the 360 motherboard. Is this actually useful or just a cost saving feature? It would be interesting to know the clock signal frequency and if it is in any way in phase with the CPU clock?

Install pictures for the new chips: http://x360ace.com/product/

6 hours ago, baabox said:

I noticed that x360ace has released new chips since V3, with the most recent being V5. Does anyone have experience with these new chips?

The new chips seem to use a new clock signal from the 360 motherboard. Is this actually useful or just a cost saving feature? It would be interesting to know the clock signal frequency and if it is in any way in phase with the CPU clock?

Install pictures for the new chips: http://x360ace.com/product/

to be honest.. there is better methods.. the new chip requires different soldering points that your usual setups from before..

try rgh 1.2 or s-RGH as the cheapest options for the console

I know S-RGH - it's usually done with the ace V3 chip. It's usually just a bit of a hassle to find the optimal timings.

I'm just interested if the chinese have figured out something or not with this new chip.

7 hours ago, baabox said:

I know S-RGH - it's usually done with the ace V3 chip. It's usually just a bit of a hassle to find the optimal timings.

I'm just interested if the chinese have figured out something or not with this new chip.

well you can tell that with the c1 and c2 points.. THOSE are new.. lol

Most likely it's just cheaper to do it that way, there's less components for that chip as it has no crystal as is required for other chips on corona

the ace v5 is usually shit on trinitys. Its OK on coronas. I recommend the matrix v3 with oscillator so you can do falcon - corona with it.

to be honest i have never had a problem with the ace chips and i have done 3 trinity on the ace 5 using the P1 method and have had great boot times so i suppose its all down to prefrence really

Hi,

About the ace V5 on Trinity. NEWER USE P1 install for Trinity! Has killed two trinity MB. first power on glitch correctly but no Xell. after restart no glitch anymore. Write back the original nand I got ROD. but with P2 install Trinity boot until 5sec, always. 

x360ace_v4_trinity_install_diagram.jpg

On 5/10/2019 at 12:07 AM, goldmoon said:

Hi,

About the ace V5 on Trinity. NEWER USE P1 install for Trinity! Has killed two trinity MB. first power on glitch correctly but no Xell. after restart no glitch anymore. Write back the original nand I got ROD. but with P2 install Trinity boot until 5sec, always. 

x360ace_v4_trinity_install_diagram.jpg

Had the same issue but I messed c1 and c2 points(resistors from HANA). After some time, I was bored and tak'ed same board, bridged resistors and board started to work!
Sorry for bad english, I'm from Mars.