RealModScene
THEBaNd1t

LiNK Black Ops 2 problem. People connect to me, but I can not connect to them???

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I am having trouble connecting to others while playing Black Ops 2 on LiNK. I have the LATEST TUs DOWNLOADED and OTHERS ARE ABLE TO CONNECT TO ME, but I can't seem to connect to others. I keep getting the can not connect error. Any idea why this might be happening? I do have a STRICT NAT, and I am not sure if this is possible to change or not, and if it is, how would one change it. I am currently using ports 1000 and 1001 respectively, and all the test pass, but like I said I can't connect to anyones game in BO2. I have an Apple Extreme Airport, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not as I don't have UPnP but am able to see the servers using ports 1000 and 1001. Sorry for the ramble and hoping to maybe get some insight.

*Sighs* have you used the search box on this forum?

Many have had this issue, many have resolved it.

Have you put your xboxes IP on your router on the DMZ, that way they're no restrictions to your xbox.

If people can join and you can see other games, then it doesn't sound like you have a network issue.

People you may be trying to connect to may be using an older TU

It is ideal that everyone uses the latest version to prevent issues like this, but we do not live in an ideal world, things have and need to be complicated :(

Its the router i have the same problem so i said f it and directly connect my xbox to modem. Problem fix, i dont know what happen but my router is blocking freestyle link did not change the settings, my dmz is enable, port forwading is good, pass all test. It was working before but now all of a sudden my router is not letting my ports go through.

Its the router i have the same problem so i said f it and directly connect my xbox to modem. Problem fix, i dont know what happen but my router is blocking freestyle link did not change the settings, my dmz is enable, port forwading is good, pass all test. It was working before but now all of a sudden my router is not letting my ports go through.

Did your xbox get a new IP that is now different from the DMZ IP?

Found a solution and it work props to chris179

I found that LiNK somehow and in some circumstances DOES NOT change ports correctly.

I had an xbox with a friend that WOULD NOT play more then once after a port change.

So what i did.. Disable UPNP on the router. And change the ports on LiNK to 3072 and 3073. Add static port forwards on the router for port 3071-3074 And Voille it worked..

Yes, without those 2 extra ports it will NOT work. Period... So internally LiNK Somehow Sometimes does not change the ports. That means they will stay 3071, 3074 whatever no matter what ports you choose...

THIS INFO NEEDED TO BE STICKED

• Like 1

I tired the 3072 and 3073, but I am still not able to connect to others. Others can connect to me, but I can not connect to them? Could the fact that when I play Black Ops 2 it says my NAT is Strict have anything to do with me not being able to connect? In terms of my setup up, I am NOT on DL 3.06(I mearly disable DL) so I do not know if being on DL 3.06 is VITAL or not. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated as it would be nice to be able to join others lobbies on BO2(when last I checked BO2 was the only game giving me issues in connecting to others as the last time I played Halo 4 I was able to connect to others)rather then just hosting all the time.

Thanks again