RealModScene
Zoleta

System LiNK Problem

I just want to join multiplayer games and not hosting.

I read that you don't need to pass Data and Broadcast ports for you to join games on System LiNK. I can join System LiNK rooms with people/users for Black Ops 2 but can't see game rooms to join on multiplayer lobby.

Everything passed except for Data and Broadcast ports

Latest TUs and DLCs installed.

Latest Dashlaunch and Kernel

Aurora .7b

Internet speed: 50mbps Download and Upload (Wired)

Is my problem related to my internet provider? Thank you in advance.

415608C320181125034030133.bmp

415608C320181125033918483.bmp

415608C320181125034016616.bmp

try to open the ports and try again , the problem that i face in morocco is i am fare away from people that hosting the game so sometimes work and sometimes dont , but try to open the ports and see if it work 

6 hours ago, Zoleta said:

I just want to join multiplayer games and not hosting.

I read that you don't need to pass Data and Broadcast ports for you to join games on System LiNK. I can join System LiNK rooms with people/users for Black Ops 2 but can't see game rooms to join on multiplayer lobby.

Everything passed except for Data and Broadcast ports

Latest TUs and DLCs installed.

Latest Dashlaunch and Kernel

Aurora .7b

Internet speed: 50mbps Download and Upload (Wired)

Is my problem related to my internet provider? Thank you in advance.

no.. it is not your internet provider.

ports only need to be open to host a game.

now the only thing that matters is the game and TU.. DLC doesnt matter unless you want to play something that requires DLC..

the thing is, games like bops 2 only allow you to join in while the game isnt active, meaning when players are in the lobby waiting to start the match.. once the game is started, you cant join until the next intermission between maps. 

3 hours ago, PopeyedGull5 said:

try to open the ports and try again , the problem that i face in morocco is i am fare away from people that hosting the game so sometimes work and sometimes dont , but try to open the ports and see if it work 

ports are not needed to be open to join a game, only HOSTING a game is it required..

1 hour ago, felida said:

the thing is, games like bops 2 only allow you to join in while the game isnt active, meaning when players are in the lobby waiting to start the match.. once the game is started, you cant join until the next intermission between maps. 

Thank you for responding. Yes I'm testing it with Black Ops 2. Okay I won't be able to join while they're already playing. But I'm just wondering if I can't also see their room in the  multiplayer lobby like with status playing or grayed out? Cause I also tried waiting for 15 minutes and I didn't see a single room in the lobby. I joined a system link room with 30 players in it. 

Personally what i do is create a separate network broadcasting from my router, then i take an IP and DMZ to allow all ports opening it up to the entire World Wide Web, this is because any network with an Open NAT that doesn't use this method poses a security risk (especially if you're on something below Windows 10)

So after i've assigned an IP for that separate network to use for the console i manually enter it in the network settings to use once connected, that way the rest of my network is off to the side secure while my console is open to use for any port it needs, clever if you think about it 😉

Hope that helps in some way, just my personal method :)

57 minutes ago, Zoleta said:

Thank you for responding. Yes I'm testing it with Black Ops 2. Okay I won't be able to join while they're already playing. But I'm just wondering if I can't also see their room in the  multiplayer lobby like with status playing or grayed out? Cause I also tried waiting for 15 minutes and I didn't see a single room in the lobby. I joined a system link room with 30 players in it. 

i dont know if the rooms auto-refresh.. but users that arent on the same TU wont be able to see each others rooms.. iirc.. 

also.. there is some lag in the room setup.. the rooms dont automatically close when everyone leaves.. if you PM me, i can setup a bops2 lobby on latest TU, and have you join, just to show you.. just to prove you CAN join games.. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, felida said:

i dont know if the rooms auto-refresh.. but users that arent on the same TU wont be able to see each others rooms.. iirc.. 

also.. there is some lag in the room setup.. the rooms dont automatically close when everyone leaves.. if you PM me, i can setup a bops2 lobby on latest TU, and have you join, just to show you.. just to prove you CAN join games.. 

Correct, if you aren't on the latest or same title update as the people/person hosting the system link session you won't be able to join 👌

2 hours ago, GIR said:

Correct, if you aren't on the latest or same title update as the people/person hosting the system link session you won't be able to join 👌

I'm using TU 18 for Black Ops 2 (44.0.-1)

2 hours ago, felida said:

I'm using TU 18 for Black Ops 2 (44.0.-1) and can join System LiNK public rooms with the same TU. I just can't see people hosting the system link session(rooms) in the multiplayer lobby to join.

On 11/24/2018 at 12:47 PM, Zoleta said:

I'm using TU 18 for Black Ops 2 (44.0.-1)

I'm using TU 18 for Black Ops 2 (44.0.-1) and can join System LiNK public rooms with the same TU. I just can't see people hosting the system link session(rooms) in the multiplayer lobby to join.

Looks like you need to either forward the correct ports that Unity/LiNK use or DMZ the IP address to open all of them and manually set that IP on the console

On 11/26/2018 at 9:37 PM, GIR said:

Looks like you need to either forward the correct ports that Unity/LiNK use or DMZ the IP address to open all of them and manually set that IP on the console

that isnt the solution everytime.. a lot of ISP's block ports.. and you have to call and have them open the ports.. there is a couple of things that could be the problem..

• Like 1

I'm basically in the same situation as Zoleta, except for one thing: I played on Link for years before havinig this problem. Without changing anything in my configuration I can't find any game anymore for some reason.

Port test always failed (tried with manual config, upnp and even dmz) but I was able to play anyway so no big deal, until 2 years ago. Now I can't find any game even where I know I have all the DLC and the same TU as others.

Also I used to play without problem with a friend that lives only 5 miles from me and now it doesn't work anymore even between us so it can't be a ping/speed problem.

All this to say: sometimes it's not your fault, you have only a shitty ISP 😪

On 11/29/2018 at 2:04 PM, felida said:

that isnt the solution everytime.. a lot of ISP's block ports.. and you have to call and have them open the ports.. there is a couple of things that could be the problem..

100% accurate

I have found that on networks which I cant open the ports, I can still connect to other peoples games, I just cant host my own. There is also a bit more lag, but generally it has worked alright.

On 11/24/2018 at 10:45 AM, Zoleta said:

The same thing happens to me too: systemlink shows people connected in the game rooms in black ops 2 and when entering into interconnection in the game itself, it does not show the games of those rooms