RealModScene
pedex007

Portforwarding error(duplicate port number) _please HELP!!

Please Help

I don't know why whenever I want to portforward to my rgh console (on port 3071&3072 which are for LiNK),

I always face "duplicate port number" error 

Does somebody know here how to fix that error?!

(my router is TP-LINK TD-W8901G)

Yeah try another port. You can see the reason in the error Message. Usually a router can only forward a port to one device. In most cases you get this error message if the forwarding port was already forwarded by another forwarding rule.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

Yeah try another port. You can see the reason in the error Message. Usually a router can only forward a port to one device. In most cases you get this error message if the forwarding port was already forwarded by another forwarding rule.

thanks for your reply 

but may I ask like what kind of port numbers I should try?

because I want connect link via Aurora and it needs port 3071&3072

I never portforwarded on these ports before but my modem router says"duplicated port numbers"!!!!

5 hours ago, pedex007 said:

Please Help

I don't know why whenever I want to portforward to my rgh console (on port 3071&3072 which are for LiNK),

I always face "duplicate port number" error 

Does somebody know here how to fix that error?!

(my router is TP-LINK TD-W8901G)

Like Dr G said.. You can easily change the ports in aurora.. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, felida said:

Like Dr G said.. You can easily change the ports in aurora.. 

yeah I know where to change port numbers in Aurora but can you please say me what ports should I try?

you know because I want to play online with other jtag users

Just now, pedex007 said:

yeah I know where to change port numbers in Aurora but can you please say me what ports should I try?

It all depends.. really..

If I tell you a specific port, such as 5556 and 5557, but your isp is blocking those, you might try and blame me.. haha.. 

Easiest way? Set up ports that you want, but assign the ip to pc, and test the ports.. if they are open, just change the ip address to match the xbox..

Any open ports are recommended, but to just play, you don't need to open anything.. to host a game, that is where the open ports come

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, felida said:

If I tell you a specific port, such as 5556 and 5557, but your isp is blocking those, you might try and blame me.. haha.. 

Easiest way? Set up ports that you want, but assign the ip to pc, and test the ports.. if they are open, just change the ip address to match the xbox..

Any open ports are recommended, but to just play, you don't need to open anything.. to host a game, that is where the open ports come

thanks pal 

you know I already portforwarded  3074 (which is for xbox live 😂) and it worked (but i didn't expect that !!! ) but i didn't try that in Aurora I don't know wether it works or not!!😁

after all thanks for your useful answers

13 hours ago, felida said:

Hey pal I could port forward 3071 and 3072 

but when I verify that on Aurora it still fails !!!(and I also checked many other ports with successful portforwarding like 4071 and 4072 and ....)

you know my console is already banned is that because of that ?! 😢

If it is, is there another way to fix connection to the LiNK?

2 hours ago, pedex007 said:

Hey pal I could port forward 3071 and 3072 

but when I verify that on Aurora it still fails !!!(and I also checked many other ports with successful portforwarding like 4071 and 4072 and ....)

you know my console is already banned is that because of that ?! 😢

If it is, is there another way to fix connection to the LiNK?

You're not banned from link.. if you have a banned/dummykv console it doesnt matter for LiNK.. 

There is a problem with the setup.. how are you connecting the Xbox to your internet??

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, felida said:

You're not banned from link.. if you have a banned/dummykv console it doesnt matter for LiNK.. 

There is a problem with the setup.. how are you connecting the Xbox to your internet??

no i was banned from xbox live i never have tried to use LiNK so far

via Lan cable

and maybe you should know that nova and webuI is activated for me and net works for downloading tu from unity markerplace

On 11/11/2018 at 10:21 PM, Dr.Gonzo said:

What kind (dsl, cable, mobile) of internet connection do you use ?

Dsl (actually mine is ADSL)

On 11/13/2018 at 2:18 AM, pedex007 said:

dsl is tricky.. lol.. from my experience.. 

what is your setup? like DSL modem to router?

you should check with portforward.com though.. you might be having a double nat issue..

and FYI, via lan cable, isnt a specific connection answer.. lmao.. is it directly hooked up to router, or is it connected to PC and you use PC as a bridge, ect. is what i was asking..

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, felida said:

dsl is tricky.. lol.. from my experience.. 

what is your setup? like DSL modem to router?

you should check with portforward.com though.. you might be having a double nat issue..

and FYI, via lan cable, isnt a specific connection answer.. lmao.. is it directly hooked up to router, or is it connected to PC and you use PC as a bridge, ect. is what i was asking..

no it's directly connected to router 

And my setup is Dsl modem to router

On 11/11/2018 at 10:21 PM, Dr.Gonzo said:

What kind (dsl, cable, mobile) of internet connection do you use ?

7 hours ago, pedex007 said:

no it's directly connected to router 

And my setup is Dsl modem to router

the issue i had with dsl before, is i had to forward thr port in the dsl modem to router, then router to pc/xb.. 

seriously, check out portforward.com, they even have a tool you can use to see if you're havung the double nat issue

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, felida said:

the issue i had with dsl before, is i had to forward thr port in the dsl modem to router, then router to pc/xb.. 

seriously, check out portforward.com, they even have a tool you can use to see if you're havung the double nat issue

I'll check that out bro

Thanks