RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
TheCodeMan

RGH Running Aurora

I have an RGH Jasper unit with a 2TB drive. It boots straight to Aurora. The dash is 2.0.17511.0. I looked for a straight Xbox 360 support forum since I suspect that is where this post belongs, as opposed to the Aurora support forum. Most everything is working great. Most all of my games are working and many of my XBLA titles are working, though some are not. A few non-working titles include Bastion, Fez, Harms Way, Toy Soldiers, Pinball FX 2, and Trials Evolution. It appears these games need an update to run. Also, my Kinect is not working with the games, as they all need updates as well. I've done a little research but I want to make sure I don't kill my console as there is quite a bit of outdated info out there. I've tried all of the patch options in Aurora as well as the title updates to no avail. It looks like I am going to have to apply some updates to get this working.

Can someone kindly point me in a direction on how to get the latest dash / Kinect updates so these final few games will run correctly?

59 minutes ago, TheCodeMan said:

I have an RGH Jasper unit with a 2TB drive. It boots straight to Aurora. The dash is 2.0.17511.0. I looked for a straight Xbox 360 support forum since I suspect that is where this post belongs, as opposed to the Aurora support forum. Most everything is working great. Most all of my games are working and many of my XBLA titles are working, though some are not. A few non-working titles include Bastion, Fez, Harms Way, Toy Soldiers, Pinball FX 2, and Trials Evolution. It appears these games need an update to run. Also, my Kinect is not working with the games, as they all need updates as well. I've done a little research but I want to make sure I don't kill my console as there is quite a bit of outdated info out there. I've tried all of the patch options in Aurora as well as the title updates to no avail. It looks like I am going to have to apply some updates to get this working.

Can someone kindly point me in a direction on how to get the latest dash / Kinect updates so these final few games will run correctly?

It's called installing the avatar update.. same with the kinect.. 

So would this be a good tutorial to follow:

https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/90631-How-to-Install-Avatar-Kinect-Data-on-a-JTAG-RGH-Console

Also, seems like I saw a thread on here about Downloading the update from an alternate site other than Microsoft. Do I just need to make sure I download the avatar/Kinect update that matches my dash version and apply it?

Sounds like that’s all there is to it.

8 hours ago, TheCodeMan said:

So would this be a good tutorial to follow:

https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/90631-How-to-Install-Avatar-Kinect-Data-on-a-JTAG-RGH-Console

Also, seems like I saw a thread on here about Downloading the update from an alternate site other than Microsoft. Do I just need to make sure I download the avatar/Kinect update that matches my dash version and apply it?

Sounds like that’s all there is to it.

yup.. as long as dash is the exact same..

you can google the dash version to find it.. m $ only has latest version avail..

also, make sure your kinect is pluged in when you do the update, otherwise you'll have to do it separately 

Check the  youtube channel by user moddedwarfare. Dude has good working tuts, starting from scratch to updating dash to gettin... err.. well, that thing we don't mention here. Lookup his updated jtag / rgh playlist and you can't go wrong. IIRC, his latest vids have the dash updating to 17526

2 hours ago, neocyke said:

Check the  youtube channel by user moddedwarfare. Dude has good working tuts, starting from scratch to updating dash to gettin... err.. well, that thing we don't mention here. Lookup his updated jtag / rgh playlist and you can't go wrong. IIRC, his latest vids have the dash updating to 17526

it does not matter what dash version, the process is the same.. the old as hell guides still work, because the process has never changed.. google the dash version, odds are diginex will come up and poof.. do the thing.. easier than common core math