RealModScene
puss2puss

fsd skinning: how to change on-screen position of icons?

hi all!

i need help on skinning FSD3.. i want to learn how to change the position of my icons and other content on-screen in FSD skins. What file do i have to edit to choose the on-screen position of my icons? is it the ''config.html'' file? or maybe the ''index.html'' file ? ..anyway...

..hope someone can help me to know more about skinning! (by the way i use: XZPtool, EditPlus, photoshop, and some other tools..)

-Peace.

..really no-one can help? maybe i didnt describe well what i want to do: i want to change the position of the on-screen display of my skin..a bit like the skin Sphinx.. i want to make a game wall a bit like the wii..

i hope to find help here...hope...

oh ok cool thanks! i found the xuitool, but not in the xdk (since i dont have it..) do i need the xdk? ...sdk isnt okay? i am french so sorry in advance if sometime i dont comunicate perfectly.. and i'm not used to skinning so i'm still learning. as for the xdk, i'm not sure exactly what its for..i know its XboxDevKit..but i dont have it..i have my jtag consol, and i use the sdk...but i'm not even sure i need it yet....

anyway,.. i tryed the xui tool but i cant find exactly what to open.. all the stuff i try to open in my skins are in xur (inside xzp files..) but for what i think i understand, i think its not the skin (.xzp) that i need to open,right? if so, what exactly? (ps: i recently found: xuitool, the SDK, and access runtime 2010 (but cant install..) , saying just in case..)

thanks for your patience and dont worry i learn fast XD

nevermind i found it! but thank you for pointing me in the right direction! ;)

So i used it (..xui tool..) too open the main.xur of my default skin and..well you know the rest! lol anyway thanks! -Peace.

alll right nice !!! thanks and for sure, i will be posting because like i said i'm new to skinning the FSD, but i'm used to skin/theme anything i have so i should learn fast. ..should!...XD

Since i installed fsd 2 (now 3..) the only thing i was able to do as skinning, is editing with xzp some skins i love (..for my own! not to upload!..) (spinx, AYR, illume, vorpal, hexaflow...well hexaflow is really in fact blackEX if i remember, a guy post a skin claiming he's the creator, all he did was mod a bit some wallpapers of the blackEX skin..if my memory is exact, but it was funny to see him getting knock down after a while, when the real creator arrives, with lots of post and rep to is stat, telling everyone etc....anyway..) but now, i am able to build a totally new skin! its great!!

after a couple of hours testing the xuitool, i can see i will defenitly need some help on some details, but then again i didnt really have time to actually ''do'' something..so i will try stuff and research etc.. and come back for help or to keep in touch of how my skin is going.. (not even sure if we can say this like this in english..) Thanks guys!

-Peace & logiC

hi ! ..hey i was woundering, did someone found a way to change the words that the kinect recognise after saying XBOX ? and to edit the movement or include a cursour? like, maybe by finding the exact path and mesh some game uses to show a cursor? ..would be nice to be able to choose icons with a cursor (depending of the skin..) thanks!