RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Dan MartÃ

Update Readme of Utility Scripts documentation

3 hours ago, Dan Martà said:

Hi, the Utility Scripts documentation is outdated, it's from the old version of Aurora (0.6b).

It would be great if some admin could update the readme so it would be more easy to create Utility Scripts :)

nothing has changed, except the gizmoXL part.. its not outdated.. lol..

if there was any major changes, there would be documentation 

• Like 1

There are some couple new stuff for http request for example, you can find that in the changes. İf i had time i would update that. İ will open a ticket for anyway

• Like 1

7 hours ago, felida said:

nothing has changed, except the gizmoXL part.. its not outdated.. lol..

if there was any major changes, there would be documentation 

Several things have changed if you see in the changelogs such as added and updated functions.

Also the last update of the readme was 3 years ago.

This is a part of the latest changelog on phoenix.aboxunity.net:

Utility Scripts engine improvements

There have been some requests on the forums to add functionality to the Utility Scripts engine. The following items from the changelog reflect some of the changes:

(Added) DvdTrayState and DvdMediaType enums to enums.lua
    (Added) DiscTitle flag to available ContentFlags in enums.lua
    (Added) DVD Lua Library to scripting engine enabling opening and closing of tray, getting current tray state and media info. DVD Lua library has been grouped into the FileSystem permission set.
    (Updated) Utility Scripts to utilize a 'mininumAuroraVersion' variable to allow future scripts to dictate which version of Aurora they need to properly run (due to missing or new API usage).
    (Fixed) Bug in ScnGizmoUI that creates undefined behavior if the ClassOverride was not properly provided by Script author
    (Updated) The LuaInterface methods to be more generic to work within internal code as well
    (Added) Support for scripts to use an alternate XL scene size in the LuaGizmo library. Used by calling hGizmo:SetXLScene(true); prior to hGizmo:InvokeUI(...);
    (Updated) LuaLibrary code to separate 0.6API from future API versions
    (Added) Http.GetEx and Http.PostEx methods to the LuaHttp library to allow optional download progress callbacks
    (Added) RunLuaOnBoot setting as an additional security option.
    (Added) GetPartitionFreeSpace, GetPartitionUsedSpace and GetPartitionSize to the FileSystem LUA library
    (Updated) Script.ShowPopupList() LUA method to support ProfileSelector (Type 5) and DeviceSelector (Type 6)
    (Updated) Script.ShowPopupList to use user defined title and empty text instead of hardcoded text
    (Added) New LUA functions to the LuaSettings class ( Settings.AddRSSFeed, Settings.DeleteRSSFeed, Settings.UpdateRSSFeed )
    (Added) New LUA methods for retrieving existing RSS Feeds (Settings.GetRSSFeeds and Settings.GetRSSFeedById)
    (Added) Additional methods to the LuaProfile library including Profile.Login and Profile.Logout
    (Added) Updated the Script Lua library to allow script to ask for passcode, and passcode entered be returned. (Script.ShowPasscodeEx)
    (Fixed) LuaXuiSlider SetStep and SetValue being swapped in functionality
    (Added) XuiHTML libraries - enabling support in Aurora Skins as well as LUA Gizmos
    (Added) Lua Support for XuiHtmlElements and XuiHtmlControls in Gizmo scenes
    (Added) SetTextColor and SetDropShadowColor to the XuiObject.Text element for LUA scripting
    (Updated) LuaHttpLib to handle rename failed state
    (Updated) LuaHttpLib to handle all status codes and allow the Lua script to determine what is invalid

I know you can manage to guess while scripting but it would take a lot of time as you don't know the parameters, the types, etc.

It would be an awesome contribution to who wants to script so the community can create content without having to figure out how works every new function that it's not in the documentation.

I think I might still have the script that was used to test this function somewhere..... let me look into what I have laying around in the old hdd, and I will get back to you....

After looking at what I still have from testing 0.7b, I dont have any test lua files that use that function, so I am in the dark on that as well. I will drop a line to the devs to see if I can get them to update the API.