RealModScene
ukunilus

Would it be possible to create filter based on whenever there's local co-op feature or not

So, is there a possibility to create Aurora filter based on whenever the game has local co-op feature or no? Does the scraper get this info separately or its only mentioned in games description?

Thanx!

14 hours ago, ukunilus said:

So, is there a possibility to create Aurora filter based on whenever the game has local co-op feature or no? Does the scraper get this info separately or its only mentioned in games description?

Thanx!

Is there a possibility, yea, very easily.. You obviously never made your own filter before..

Now, as for where it reads the data from.. maybe from unity?? I don't know lol.. but you can make the filter

19 hours ago, ukunilus said:

Creating filter via GUI is easy yes, but im not able to find the multiplayer criteria to apply for filter.

you are correct.. but this might help you:

you are going to have to create the filter yourself, or maybe someone who is better in lua such as @saywaking

if he is up to doing the code.. but the function is already built into aurora for it mate

Thanks!

Yeah, I’m not able to figure this out without the help.

I would need something like this but I have no idea what the Content variable should be ... lets see if  @saywaking picks this thread up and is able to help.

function GameListFilterShowOnlyLocalCoop(Content)
	-- Return if this game has local co-op feature
	return Content.LocalCoop >= 1
end

Still there might be also possibility that local co-op feature is not filterable overall if this info is not available or scraped from game info.

47 minutes ago, ukunilus said:

Thanks!

Yeah, I’m not able to figure this out without the help.

I would need something like this but I have no idea what the Content variable should be ... lets see if  @saywaking picks this thread up and is able to help.

function GameListFilterShowOnlyLocalCoop(Content)
	-- Return if this game has local co-op feature
	return Content.LocalCoop >= 1
end

Still there might be also possibility that local co-op feature is not filterable overall if this info is not available or scraped from game info.

DWORD OfflineCoopPlayersMax;

that would be the variable.. 

so ">= 1 && <=8"?

greater than 1 and less than 8?? lol

ofc this would be up to the end user per-say lol.. but yeah, we both have tagged @saywaking in this, and he/she is pretty good at the script writing.. 

edit: like swizzy responded, there IS one already.. i thought so.. but couldnt find it via RMS lmfao

Yes, this worked, but its not 100% accurate as some of, even Worms games, are not picked up.

Any way of getting game visible under this filter by tampering its data?

1 hour ago, ukunilus said:

Yes, this worked, but its not 100% accurate as some of, even Worms games, are not picked up.

Any way of getting game visible under this filter by tampering its data?

well.. here's the thing, i've looked at the details of 2 worms games..

worms 2:

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/Worms-2-Armageddon/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410912#

Worms: Ultimate Mayhem:

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/Worms-Ultimate-Mayhem/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410afd#

worms 2 doesn't specify co-op mode but does specify offline 1-4...

W:UM DOES specify co-op..

and just looking at the script function, i cant tell exactly what it is looking for.. hahaha.. so yeah it COULD be because the description(metadata/ect) doesnt specify it

edit:

yeah the script actually looks for the co-op tag.. offline 1-4 players doesnt exactly mean co-op, could be offline PVP..

co-op is defined as playing together to reach a goal, that is what the script checks for, based on what is specified in the xbox store (or actually the Aurora DB which is populated from the Xbox store)

What you are looking for might be Offline Multiplayer rather than Co-Op

For that you could use the following script:

GameListFilterCategories.User["Only Local Multiplayer Games"] = function(Content)
	minco = bit32.rshift(bit32.band(Content.CapabilitiesOffline.LowPart, 0x00FF0000), 16)
	maxco = bit32.rshift(bit32.band(Content.CapabilitiesOffline.LowPart, 0xFF000000), 24)
	minp = bit32.band(Content.CapabilitiesOffline.LowPart, 0x000000FF)
	maxp = bit32.rshift(bit32.band(Content.CapabilitiesOffline.LowPart, 0x0000FF00), 8)
	return (((minco > 1 or minco == 1) and (maxco > 2 or maxco == 2)) or
		((minp > 1 or minp == 1) and (maxp > 2 or maxp == 2)))

end

Yes, Co-op vs Offline multiplayer, i see the difference now ... :)

Local multiplayer filter also works and displays also the Worms series.

Thanks again all for dealing with this!