RealModScene
moses_373

Which OGBox TSOP Bios should I use?

Hey y'all, just did a TSOP flash on an ogbox and have a nice little 2 TB drive inside. I'm not using a modchip and currently have ind-bios running on it.  What bios do you like best or would recommend? should I just stick with ind-bios?

Thank you in advance for your input!

I use Ind-Bios on mine, but that is mainly because I plan on doing the ram upgrade at some point. Though, I have come across a few sound issues in Ind-Bios, it is fairly stable. The other bet I would go for is the X2 Bios. There are a few other options, but they require that you have a 1mb TSOP, in which case, I would suggest installing a bank switch, and flashing both bioses, then you could easily switch between them.

The bank switch only works on v1.0 - 1.1? motherboards that have a 1mb bios. any SPDT switch will work, if you want a 4 way split, you can use 2 spdt switches. the basic idea can be found at the end of this page. https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8139

That being said, it has been a really long time since I have done this mod, but I could have sworn you had to cut the traces. According to that you do not.

I may be wrong, but I think I remember reading somewhere that cutting the traces did something to help prevent the chip from overheating, but it was incidental to something else I was researching at the time.  Anyway, I just checked my mother board revision and it looks like I've got a 1.4 so I'm out of luck for using a bank switch.