RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Ind22

‘Version Mismatch” Error after installing title update

Hey all! Whenever I try to boot Project Gotham Racing 3 with the only title update available for it, (the only game where this issue’s happening, possibly due to the MediaID being specified as 00000000!), an error with the title “Version Mismatch” pops up. I’m gonna guess and say that this is due to the MediaID consisting of all zeroes, yet I’ve heard that doesn’t hold any importance here… Any solutions are greatly appreciated! I’m on the latest revision of Aurora (0.7b r1622).

Moved from Aurora Support --->Xbox Games. It is here better in place.

Dr.Gonzo

3 hours ago, Ind22 said:

Hey all! Whenever I try to boot Project Gotham Racing 3 with the only title update available for it, (the only game where this issue’s happening, possibly due to the MediaID being specified as 00000000!), an error with the title “Version Mismatch” pops up. I’m gonna guess and say that this is due to the MediaID consisting of all zeroes, yet I’ve heard that doesn’t hold any importance here… Any solutions are greatly appreciated! I’m on the latest revision of Aurora (0.7b r1622).

Moved from Aurora Support --->Xbox Games. It is here better in place.

Dr.Gonzo

And you are completely wrong..

Title is, media is, and base version are ALL required, if aurora says there is no title updates available.. then there isn't one for your version of the game, plain and simple.. don't use another version and then complain when it doesn't work..

Now, if the title update on unity has all 0's for media id.. then it is possibly a corrupt copy.

Well, I certainly wouldn’t have known if the update was incompatible with my version of the game or not, considering it was there on the Unity Marketplace tab on Aurora to download… if it makes any difference in terms of version, my copy of PGR3 that I transferred over to my HDD has ‘Not for Resale’ printed on the back of it’s case in place of the usual barcode… Title ID is 4D5307D1, and both MedID and BaseVer are all zeroes.

1 hour ago, Ind22 said:

Well, I certainly wouldn’t have known if the update was incompatible with my version of the game or not, considering it was there on the Unity Marketplace tab on Aurora to download… if it makes any difference in terms of version, my copy of PGR3 that I transferred over to my HDD has ‘Not for Resale’ printed on the back of it’s case in place of the usual barcode… Title ID is 4D5307D1, and both MedID and BaseVer are all zeroes.

Updates for MediaID : 21B61CF8
Update: 5    Base Version: 00000006 Size: 1028 KB          
Updates for MediaID : 76B5460C
Update: 5    Base Version: 00000000 Size: 1028 KB          

those are the 2 title updates on unity.. BOTH have a media ID..

edit:

picture proof:

2w39hxd.png