RealModScene
tel758

Default Skin With Music

7 minutes ago, tel758 said:

I wish to know how could I put any music on 0.7b default skin..

Can anyone help me?

here is the default skin for aurora 0.7b1.

use xzptool to extract/repack.

put your wav into the "Sounds" folder, and make sure it is called "song.wav"

Default.xzp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, felida said:

here is the default skin for aurora 0.7b1.

use xzptool to extract/repack.

put your wav into the "Sounds" folder, and make sure it is called "song.wav"

Default.xzp

Thank you so much!

35 minutes ago, Rowling said:

Hi, I follow all steps, but sound don't work..  Original skin ver 0.7b.1 r1622,  can you help me? Im trying use this music "Deathsmiles IIX OST - Final Boss"

Deathsmiles IIX OST - Final Boss.mp3

You didn't follow the steps, as the sound file has to be .wav, not .mp3.. ::facepalm::

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rowling said:

I follow all steps, but upload mp3 because wav=35mb...

for starters, the file it is looking for is a .wav.. no other format will work..

second: mp3 files arent supported in the skins..

you cant say you followed the steps, if you obviously dont understand that i said, it has to be called song.wav

9 hours ago, felida said:

for starters, the file it is looking for is a .wav.. no other format will work..

second: mp3 files arent supported in the skins..

you cant say you followed the steps, if you obviously dont understand that i said, it has to be called song.wav

Dude, you don't understand, here I convert this mp3 to wav, but don't work. I uploat the mp3 here in  the forum just for all ppl see what is the music, again, I not use THIS file, I convert this mp3 to wav. First I convert this mp3, create a folder called Sounds, paste this wav renamed to song.wav but don't work.

7 hours ago, Rowling said:

Dude, you don't understand, here I convert this mp3 to wav, but don't work. I uploat the mp3 here in  the forum just for all ppl see what is the music, again, I not use THIS file, I convert this mp3 to wav. First I convert this mp3, create a folder called Sounds, paste this wav renamed to song.wav but don't work.

Use audacity, it's free, and convert to ms pci signed wav .. You shouldn't have to create the folder, as I have done it already then packed up the skin

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, felida said:

Use audacity, it's free, and convert to ms pci signed wav .. You shouldn't have to create the folder, as I have done it already then packed up the skin

Strange, the Sound folder does not appear even though I'm using your Skin, so I created it. I'm going to use Audacity so I'm converting with the File Format Factory. Thank you very much, I'll do this as soon as I get home and notice if it works.

I got it working.

1. Grab the song you want, pop it in audacity and save it as a 16 bit signed microsoft wav, name it song.wav

2. Open your default skin xzp with xzp tool and extract it to a folder. Get XZP tool here:

3. Make a "Sounds" folder and put song.wav in it,

4. Open xzp tool and hit build on the extracted folder for a new xzp

5. Copy it to your Aurora skins folder on your 360

5. Switch to it in Aurora and restart

Worked for me

• Thanks 1

I give up hahaha Maybe my song file is very huge... Anyway, Ill upload my XZP, if anyone can unpack and see, I'll really appreciate. Oh Nevermind, It WORKS! I reduce to 18mb the Wav file and now my Skin have sound! Thank you everyone :D

14 minutes ago, Rowling said:

Oh Nevermind, It WORKS! I reduce to 18mb the Wav file and now my Skin have sound! Thank you everyone :D

the file size doesn't matter.. what matters is the correct format.. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 11:58 PM, felida said:

the file size doesn't matter.. what matters is the correct format.. 

His right, i did it with 38mb size and it worked just fine.👍

7 hours ago, Edward5400HDX said:

His right, i did it with 38mb size and it worked just fine.👍

heck, i've made skins with multiple songs, and the skin was 300MB+ in size.. 

the thing is though, that the xbox only works with certain formats without extra programming.. lol

Any reason why i can't get sound on the loading screen ( I want a quick ditty while the "spinny" goes round) nor the dash with this skin? 
I followed felida's steps, even tried what super said about the 16b .wav

edit: I got it working on the dash, i typo'd the song name. Still no luck on the loading screen. 

edit2: got em both 😃 I had to put the sound for the loading screen in to the content container tree instead of its own branch.  but now I am getting a "please update" message when I load into the dash the skin has a "???" version. I thought it likely due to my poking around and I may have bumped something ,so I tried a fresh copy, an still the same... hmm 

edit3: really turning into a diary... ha ha but i figured it may be useful to some one. I accidentally deleted the default skin xD. problems solved. thanks anyway haha 

On 10/5/2018 at 6:14 PM, itkfilelor said:

Any reason why i can't get sound on the loading screen ( I want a quick ditty while the "spinny" goes round) nor the dash with this skin? 
I followed felida's steps, even tried what super said about the 16b .wav

edit: I got it working on the dash, i typo'd the song name. Still no luck on the loading screen. 

edit2: got em both 😃 I had to put the sound for the loading screen in to the content container tree instead of its own branch.  but now I am getting a "please update" message when I load into the dash the skin has a "???" version. I thought it likely due to my poking around and I may have bumped something ,so I tried a fresh copy, an still the same... hmm 

edit3: really turning into a diary... ha ha but i figured it may be useful to some one. I accidentally deleted the default skin xD. problems solved. thanks anyway haha 

I am struggling with the loading screen sound. Where is this "content container tree"?

I've read this thread atleast 20 times and still can't get it to work. I have tried it on the default skin and the Elegant XboxOne skin by SRealMoreno. Before anyone tells me I did't follow the directions, I did thoroughly multiple times on seperate skins, and even used both Felida and supersonic steps. Any thoughts? Used audacity to get 16 bit signed microsoft wav, extracted with xzptool2, created sounds folder and placed .wav file in it, and repacked with xzptool2. If it works is the music suppose to automatically play on the dashboard? FWIW, I'm using a mac so I'm running xzptool2 with crossover. 

On 8/12/2022 at 1:49 PM, Ron17 said:

I've read this thread atleast 20 times and still can't get it to work. I have tried it on the default skin and the Elegant XboxOne skin by SRealMoreno. Before anyone tells me I did't follow the directions, I did thoroughly multiple times on seperate skins, and even used both Felida and supersonic steps. Any thoughts? Used audacity to get 16 bit signed microsoft wav, extracted with xzptool2, created sounds folder and placed .wav file in it, and repacked with xzptool2. If it works is the music suppose to automatically play on the dashboard? FWIW, I'm using a mac so I'm running xzptool2 with crossover. 

you have to use xutiool to create the element.. you cant just take a skin that does NOT have it built in, and add it to it..

this requires the XDK. xzptool is ALSO not recommended either.. so yeah, you did not follow the directions. 

6 minutes ago, felida said:

you have to use xutiool to create the element.. you cant just take a skin that does NOT have it built in, and add it to it..

this requires the XDK. xzptool is ALSO not recommended either.. so yeah, you did not follow the directions. 

Understood. I don't see where it says anything about xuitool in your directions or super sonic's, or that xzptool is not recommended. Can you see how that might be misleading or make it seem like the element had already been created in your provided skin? Also, the default skin file you provided doesn't have a Sounds folder like you mentioned.

4 minutes ago, Ron17 said:

Understood. I don't see where it says anything about xuitool in your directions or super sonic's, or that xzptool is not recommended. Can you see how that might be misleading or make it seem like the element had already been created in your provided skin? Also, the default skin file you provided doesn't have a Sounds folder like you mentioned.

here's the thing.. the whole xbox environment is based off windows..

you using mac COULD be causing issues. you are also on a 4 year old thread, been a LONG time since i messed with skins.

i long since have left the wav and moved to XMA for filesize and native xbox file format.

ALSO, i am pretty sure this version of the skin is for an OLD version of aurora, you can't use an older skin for a newer version.

NOW, i will try and setup a "newer" default skin if you would like?? 

Yup, I just got into modding this year and I've already had a couple of road bumps due to Mac, but nothing major.

As far as versions, not quite sure as I'm on 0.7 & the skins work fine.

Don't worry about the skin, I'll figure it out and come back here with any questions lol.

21 minutes ago, Ron17 said:

Yup, I just got into modding this year and I've already had a couple of road bumps due to Mac, but nothing major.

As far as versions, not quite sure as I'm on 0.7 & the skins work fine.

Don't worry about the skin, I'll figure it out and come back here with any questions lol.

here.. TRY this one.. make sure to place "song.wav" in sounds folder..

there WILL be a sounds folder, with "erase.me" just as a place holder

edit: this is to see if the xzptool2 for mac works as intended.. 

but for more indepth skin editing, you would need a windows PC mate

edit 2: this is the default for the last released version 7.b2 or w.e lol..

default.xzp

On 8/14/2022 at 2:40 PM, felida said:

here.. TRY this one.. make sure to place "song.wav" in sounds folder..

there WILL be a sounds folder, with "erase.me" just as a place holder

edit: this is to see if the xzptool2 for mac works as intended.. 

but for more indepth skin editing, you would need a windows PC mate

edit 2: this is the default for the last released version 7.b2 or w.e lol..

default.xzp 4.94 MB · 3 downloads

Don't know if this counts as necroing as the post isn't THAT old; just wanted to say I'm brand new to this scene and I've been messing with this all morning trying to get the music to play and for whatever reason using your file worked for me. Thanks.