RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
BlackZpider

Possible to create new retail Blade Dash nand?

I used Horizon, just drag'n drop and extract,,, but no boot. "This game could not start", so it wasn't just that easy :mellow: removed the $flash_ in the filenames incase that had something to to with it,, but nope.

The 1888 dash has some 1888something.bin file in it's folder,, it booted on my Japer with 17526,, but crashed when I scrolled through the Console Settings, as fast as I scroll past Language tab it freezes and crashes, that doesn't happen on the 9199.

Forgot to mention that I tried the 6717 on the Jasper too,, but no go

1 minute ago, BlackZpider said:

Forgot to mention that I tried the 6717 on the Jasper too,, but no go.

yeah, the 1888.fsroot.bin probably does something lol..

but the rest is the normal dash stuff.. 

3 hours ago, BlackZpider said:

Is 1888.fsroot.bin equal to the data.bin in the extracted 6717?

tbh it seems more like a shadowboot type setup, like with what rgloader does.. but i dunno..

But still, wouldn't there be a way to put the 6717 dash files in a 9199 Jtag build?

Isn't all the CB-CD-CE-CF-CG different checks before the boot process? Or does it some way interact with the dashfiles during the boot process?

Or does it interact with the SMC config somehow who then checks the dashfiles, or what is it that prevents the 6717 dashfiles to be booted?

On 7/15/2018 at 8:34 AM, BlackZpider said:

But still, wouldn't there be a way to put the 6717 dash files in a 9199 Jtag build?

Isn't all the CB-CD-CE-CF-CG different checks before the boot process? Or does it some way interact with the dashfiles during the boot process?

Or does it interact with the SMC config somehow who then checks the dashfiles, or what is it that prevents the 6717 dashfiles to be booted?

you would need the actual nand files, not just the su update..

Sorry, have'nt been online for some time,, has been too nice weather outside :)

But if I have a nand read out, like from my original 2006 console, that is on dash 5xxx something, I don't remember exactly which 5xxx dash right now,, would'nt there be a way to either put the information needed, cpukey etc into that one and use, since it don't use that encrypted secondary cpu key on those older dash,, or put the information needed into that nand copy and get it to boot on the system as Jtag'ed? Or would it have to be the exact same dash version that was on it when it was Jtag'ed for all the checks to pass?

But then,, since the Jtag makes the console OK every check anyway,, should it not be possible to use that 5xxx nand backup file in any way to use on this 2005 Jtag'ed MB? Since it could boot the 9199 without problem.