RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
BlackZpider

Possible to create new retail Blade Dash nand?

I've searched and red for hours but haven't found any definitive answer or "how to".

The situation is: I have an old reballed Jtag'ed Xenon.

From what I believe I can see it is Jtag'ed quite early, so probably was on one of the first original "Blade" dash versions.

It boots, I have all info from it, KV, CPU key etc, etc,, except the original NAND itself, since I didn't do the Jtag and just recently got it.

The thing is, I would like to revert it to it's original state, with the Blade dash, I'm not going to play any new games, I don't want to go LIVE, I'm not going to use any homebrew or such, I know the old Blades limitations, I have one from 2006 untouched,, I know there's a hacked Blade dash to run as an app on Jtag/RGH but that's not my goal,, I just would like to have this one as a original 2005 in my collection, just for the nostalgia of it.

Is there anyone out there with the knowledge if, and in that case, how it's done to create an new pre-nxe nand?

I've red that it "should" be possible since it's an pre-nxe, but haven't seen anyone explain exactly how.

I've done a lot of Jtag, RGH1, RGH2, RGH1.2 so I have the equipment and software, but in this case, not the knowledge how to revert.

Would really appreciate if someone had any solid information on this.

Blackie

27 minutes ago, BlackZpider said:

I've searched and red for hours but haven't found any definitive answer or "how to".

The situation is: I have an old reballed Jtag'ed Xenon.

From what I believe I can see it is Jtag'ed quite early, so probably was on one of the first original "Blade" dash versions.

It boots, I have all info from it, KV, CPU key etc, etc,, except the original NAND itself, since I didn't do the Jtag and just recently got it.

The thing is, I would like to revert it to it's original state, with the Blade dash, I'm not going to play any new games, I don't want to go LIVE, I'm not going to use any homebrew or such, I know the old Blades limitations, I have one from 2006 untouched,, I know there's a hacked Blade dash to run as an app on Jtag/RGH but that's not my goal,, I just would like to have this one as a original 2005 in my collection, just for the nostalgia of it.

Is there anyone out there with the knowledge if, and in that case, how it's done to create an new pre-nxe nand?

I've red that it "should" be possible since it's an pre-nxe, but haven't seen anyone explain exactly how.

I've done a lot of Jtag, RGH1, RGH2, RGH1.2 so I have the equipment and software, but in this case, not the knowledge how to revert.

Would really appreciate if someone had any solid information on this.

Blackie

why not just make a blades rgh dash? and save yourself the trouble of un-jtagging??

If that would be possible I could live with that, I'm not that fuzzy that three short wires and two diods are on the motherboard, as long as it boots up on the 4xxx-5xxx Dash, but haven't found any info that it would be possible., the only info I've found is that  7371 is the lowest dash to make a new upflash.bin from.

Can't find anything that there exists lower Dash builds :/

When running the hacked Blade on a Jtag or RGH, you can't use the original music/mediaplayer or setting, they redirect to the NXE style music/mediaplayer and setting, and that is not "stock-like" enough so to say.

I know that there are a lot of people that can't understand why anyone wants a xbox with Blade dash more than to flicker trough the tabs for a couple of minutes and then get tired of it since you can't do anymore with it, but I'm just one of those few who can have that Blade dash glowing up my tv-screen for hours.

Bought my first Xbox 360 2006 after my house burned down to the ground, so that Blade Dash has a lot of memoiries for me after all the nights I spent with it the following year just to relax and ease my mind.

11 minutes ago, BlackZpider said:

If that would be possible I could live with that, I'm not that fuzzy that three short wires and two diods are on the motherboard, as long as it boots up on the 4xxx-5xxx Dash, but haven't found any info that it would be possible., the only info I've found is that  7371 is the lowest dash to make a new upflash.bin from.

Can't find anything that there exists lower Dash builds 😕

When running the hacked Blade on a Jtag or RGH, you can't use the original music/mediaplayer or setting, they redirect to the NXE style music/mediaplayer and setting, and that is not "stock-like" enough so to say.

I know that there are a lot of people that can't understand why anyone wants a xbox with Blade dash more than to flicker trough the tabs for a couple of minutes and then get tired of it since you can't do anymore with it, but I'm just one of those few who can have that Blade dash glowing up my tv-screen for hours.

Bought my first Xbox 360 2006 after my house burned down to the ground, so that Blade Dash has a lot of memoiries for me after all the nights I spent with it the following year just to relax and ease my mind.

if you are trying to play just music and such, you can play it via the HUD mate.. 

ipod/usb works easily with the optional media update

No, I have 16 other xbox if it was just listening to music I was after,, but this is if, and in if so, how to revert this revived xenon back to an old <-5659 Blade dash nand.

Either retail,, or hacked and leave the Jtag wires in.

I've red in some old posts dating back to 2009-10 that it should be possible, but no further information regarding how, or links dead.

8 hours ago, BlackZpider said:

No, I have 16 other xbox if it was just listening to music I was after,, but this is if, and in if so, how to revert this revived xenon back to an old <-5659 Blade dash nand.

Either retail,, or hacked and leave the Jtag wires in.

I've red in some old posts dating back to 2009-10 that it should be possible, but no further information regarding how, or links dead.

https://digiex.net/threads/use-the-xbox-360-blades-dashboard-version-1888-on-a-jtag.6802/

a simple search brough that guide up..

its a start for ya

As I wrote earlier, I know about the hacked 1888 Dash on Jtag/RGH consoles, had that on one of my 360 a year ago as bootdash, but as I explained, you can't use any functions on it, it launches the NXE dash music/mediaplayer, settings and so on, and familysettings made the 360 crach and boot to stock NXE/Metro dash,, it's a good idea, but that's not what I'm after.

I looking for a way to restore it to a Blade dash nand,, Jtagged motherboard or not,, does not matter to me.

I don't need dashlaunch, don't need xex menu or anything like that. just that it runs a Blade dash nand image,, not an freeboot NXE or Metro.

It should be possible as one forum from late 2009 explained, since it is an early exploitable kernel, not e-fused burned beyond Blade dash, and since it is such an early dash it din't have that dual cpukey whereas one is hidden and can't be used to encrypt a new retail nand to pass the security check on a retail console,,, as I understood it,, but all the links to the "How to do it" on every forum or thread that had some discussions about it is dead since many years.

If you could find a copy of the USB update for a version of the old blades dash, you could potentially create a jtag image, and flash it to your console. This wouldnt require to much work, I wouldnt think. I dont think anyone has bothered trying, because it is absolutly useless, unless you want it for the coolness factor. Even then it would get old, when you wanted to play newer games. Also, dashlaunch probably wont work on it, so I would spoof the KV with a banned one, if I were to try it.

9 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

If you could find a copy of the USB update for a version of the old blades dash, you could potentially create a jtag image, and flash it to your console. This wouldnt require to much work, I wouldnt think. I dont think anyone has bothered trying, because it is absolutly useless, unless you want it for the coolness factor. Even then it would get old, when you wanted to play newer games. Also, dashlaunch probably wont work on it, so I would spoof the KV with a banned one, if I were to try it.

here ya go

2.0.6717.0.rar

I know it's going to be quite useless, unless I would like to relive the memories of playing the first Saints Row again,, but so are painting, just hangs on a wall for you to look at,, but that is my goal with this old console, it's from 03/2005 so it is in a way just like piece of history to sit there among all the other consoles on the shelf,, and when powered on,, well well there's the old blade from that time.

Otherwise if it would boot to 17526 it would be like putting on a pair of sun-glasses and a beer in the hand of Mona-Lisa, it just wouldn't be quite right.

But now, how would I go about to make a Jtag image with that SU update file?

I have the rawkv, rawconfig and all that from the image that was on the console.

I know J-runner surely won't help me make one, since it doesn't go lower than 7371, and does not even has the _jtag.ini for that dash.

I've tried to use my other 2006 original blade dash consoles nand as a donor, patched the rawkv, rawconfig with nandpro, and draged it through JtagTools to XBR it, but that didn't work.

10 hours ago, BlackZpider said:

I know it's going to be quite useless, unless I would like to relive the memories of playing the first Saints Row again,, but so are painting, just hangs on a wall for you to look at,, but that is my goal with this old console, it's from 03/2005 so it is in a way just like piece of history to sit there among all the other consoles on the shelf,, and when powered on,, well well there's the old blade from that time.

Otherwise if it would boot to 17526 it would be like putting on a pair of sun-glasses and a beer in the hand of Mona-Lisa, it just wouldn't be quite right.

I have the rawkv, rawconfig and all that from the image that was on the console.

I know J-runner surely won't help me make one, since it doesn't go lower than 7371, and does not even has the _jtag.ini for that dash.

I've tried to use my other 2006 original blade dash consoles nand as a donor, patched the rawkv, rawconfig with nandpro, and draged it through JtagTools to XBR it, but that didn't work.

You'll need to extract the contents of the update, or find a dump with that version and extract the contents from there...

The ini files are really just telling xeBuild what files go into the flash and what bootloaders to use, the values are a CRC32 of the contents of the file iirc

11 hours ago, BlackZpider said:

if you follow this:

https://digiex.net/threads/use-the-xbox-360-blades-dashboard-version-1888-on-a-jtag.6802/

then it tells you that you need a 9199 or lower to boot the 1888 dash..

i will test on my own later after work to see.. or you can.. 

So if I get the Su extracted, then find the CRC32 sums and create a jtag.ini by copying it from 9199 then add the filenames from the extracted Su and the CRC32 checksums under [flashfs] and dash version under [version] , ,, put it in a folder i J-runner and create a new img file from that?

Or do I have to edit any other files in J-runner for it to find it?

I just tried to make a 9199 img in J-runner just to see if it was possible since it was in the list and had the _jtag.ini file, but every dashfile CRC32 checksum was wrong,, even though it was a original 9199 Su file in the folder in Xebuild. Why would that happen? Different rev Su to what was used in J-runner at that time?

I tried that 1888 dash, it worked but I had to downgrade to around 14.xxx for it to not crash,, but still, if you try to use any special functions it just redirects you to the 14.xxx dash systems musicplayer, some of the settings etc. I had it as the default dash through DL3.18, but after redirecting to the 14.xxx dash in settings and such, it went to the 14.xxx dash when you backed out again, no fun. Well fun and fun, not the right word, but more non-"authentic".

4 hours ago, BlackZpider said:

So if I get the Su extracted, then find the CRC32 sums and create a jtag.ini by copying it from 9199 then add the filenames from the extracted Su and the CRC32 checksums under [flashfs] and dash version under [version] , ,, put it in a folder i J-runner and create a new img file from that?

Or do I have to edit any other files in J-runner for it to find it?

I just tried to make a 9199 img in J-runner just to see if it was possible since it was in the list and had the _jtag.ini file, but every dashfile CRC32 checksum was wrong,, even though it was a original 9199 Su file in the folder in Xebuild. Why would that happen? Different rev Su to what was used in J-runner at that time?

I tried that 1888 dash, it worked but I had to downgrade to around 14.xxx for it to not crash,, but still, if you try to use any special functions it just redirects you to the 14.xxx dash systems musicplayer, some of the settings etc. I had it as the default dash through DL3.18, but after redirecting to the 14.xxx dash in settings and such, it went to the 14.xxx dash when you backed out again, no fun. Well fun and fun, not the right word, but more non-"authentic".

Get Gavin' s jrunner, they have all the files..

Just make a 9199 dash, and you should be able to boot the 1888 or higher.. 

I was trying to make a glitch 2 version but failed..

Well, I've tried to make a new image, extracted 6717, crc32 checked every file, put it in a new folder and made the _jtag.ini file with the dashfiles and crc32 checksums, now it appears in j-runner, it was no problem making a new nand but it doesn't boot with it, neighter does xell,, it just flashes green,, (no dvd drive connected yet), but doesn't christmastree me or anything like that. I tried to make a new nand with the donornand tut, I can create one, flash it, boot to xell,, I used it and made a nand from my old kv.bin etc,, made a new nand with 6717 dash, but still the same with that one, just stays flashing green,, no boot, no christmas-tree,, it only flashes very angry (Put the f,, cable back!!) full red ring when I pull the AV cable out but quickly turns to a friendly green flashing again when I put the AV cable back,, thats the only RR it will make.

Can it depend on any LDV settings or such? From xell I red the fuse set and this cpu is on,,

fuseset 02: 0f00000000000000

fuseset 07: f000000000000000

That would mean an very early dash and LDV 1.

I choosed LDV 1 when I made the first nand from the donornand tut,,, buuut

the other original NAND info values info in Jrunner is as following:

2BL [CB] 1921       LDV 0      PD 0x000000

4BL [CD] 1921

5BL [CE] 1888

6BL [CF] Patch 0 4532

7BL [CG] Patch 0 4532

LDV 0     PD 0x000000

Can you see anything that doesn't blend well togheter out of this info?

The console only boots to xell now with a donornand made image,, but not with the 12611 jtag img that was on it when I got it,, well, it didn't boot with that image then either, but I made an 17526 image from that nand, and that booted the console right up,, but if I try to do it now, it just flashes green. It's like it sits there and just wait for something.

4 hours ago, BlackZpider said:

Well, I've tried to make a new image, extracted 6717, crc32 checked every file, put it in a new folder and made the _jtag.ini file with the dashfiles and crc32 checksums, now it appears in j-runner, it was no problem making a new nand but it doesn't boot with it, neighter does xell,, it just flashes green,, (no dvd drive connected yet), but doesn't christmastree me or anything like that. I tried to make a new nand with the donornand tut, I can create one, flash it, boot to xell,, I used it and made a nand from my old kv.bin etc,, made a new nand with 6717 dash, but still the same with that one, just stays flashing green,, no boot, no christmas-tree,, it only flashes very angry (Put the f,, cable back!!) full red ring when I pull the AV cable out but quickly turns to a friendly green flashing again when I put the AV cable back,, thats the only RR it will make.

Can it depend on any LDV settings or such? From xell I red the fuse set and this cpu is on,,

fuseset 02: 0f00000000000000

fuseset 07: f000000000000000

That would mean an very early dash and LDV 1.

I choosed LDV 1 when I made the first nand from the donornand tut,,, buuut

the other original NAND info values info in Jrunner is as following:

2BL [CB] 1921       LDV 0      PD 0x000000

4BL [CD] 1921

5BL [CE] 1888

6BL [CF] Patch 0 4532

7BL [CG] Patch 0 4532

LDV 0     PD 0x000000

Can you see anything that doesn't blend well togheter out of this info?

The console only boots to xell now with a donornand made image,, but not with the 12611 jtag img that was on it when I got it,, well, it didn't boot with that image then either, but I made an 17526 image from that nand, and that booted the console right up,, but if I try to do it now, it just flashes green. It's like it sits there and just wait for something.

the flashfs portion is different in every dash version mate.. thats why yours didnt boot i think..

and you should listen to what i said.. make a 9199 image..

and boot the dash that way (1888+) that has everything removed.. like in the guide..

It also depends on the console version. For example, I dont think a jasper would boot an early blades dash, due to hardware changes. The best bet would be to test it out on a JTAGED Xenon console, that the dash was designed around. Support for new hardware in newer versions of the board were added to newer versions of the dash, so chances are that is why it isnt working on your hardware, or why it isnt working propperly. It is hard to say without seeing some sort of post log from your console while trying to boot the image.

I think gavin is correct. latter hardware won't support early blades dash. you better off putting dashshit custom dash on, It works all good just not original. 

Have a look at this post if you wan't info on blades dash building. might be usefull

https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/early-uis-and-ideas-for-the-360.24867/

The contributor has early dash builds codes n may help

15 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

It also depends on the console version. For example, I dont think a jasper would boot an early blades dash, due to hardware changes. The best bet would be to test it out on a JTAGED Xenon console, that the dash was designed around. Support for new hardware in newer versions of the board were added to newer versions of the dash, so chances are that is why it isnt working on your hardware, or why it isnt working propperly. It is hard to say without seeing some sort of post log from your console while trying to boot the image.

the op is using a jtag xenon @gavin_darkglider

lol.. said it in 1st post

Well, yes, as you pointed out Felida, I mentioned that this is a Xenon, from very early 2005, and the fuseset point to that it has been Jtag in a very early state with a dash in the 4xxx range, so there should be no problems with fuseset's or such hardware things. It evem says on a sticker on the MoBo, "X805954-001 Kernel 1888"

But I solved the Xell not booting, seems like I have to reball the membricks to, made a temporary fix for the moment, until I can get this sorted if the board can get the -6717 booting.

I think one problem can be that there was no Bin files folder to the 6717 J-runner dash I made, so I just copied the bin folder from 7371, and I don't think those two probably goes hand in hand. 

I'm totally lost when it comes to coding and how those kind of files works, Bin, Patch, BL and so on, I'm more of the practical type of guy, solder, hardware and such, so that's why these things that's obvious to those who has the knowledge of files is like an alien language to me.

But theoreticly I can add one plus one that 7371 Bin files would be a No Go, to blend with the 6717 dash files :)

So I don't think I've made an correct nand image that would boot,,, on any console,, what so ever.

But the Xell boots fine now, so I have tried to flash some different dashes, 9199 that boots but freezes at the Bootanim everytime,, a 12xxx, boots fine, a 13xxx series that boots fine, another 17511 that boots fine,, a 7371 that don't boot, only green flashing,, no RRoD, and the 6717,, probably made up of wrong files that don't boot, just green flashing, no RRoD.

But now the problem is to find/get a hold on some bin files for the 6717,, if it's even needed, so anyone with more brains than me in that area are more then welcome with any info regarding bin files, are they neccesary for a Jtag nand? What do they do?

What I've red is that a Jtag console would boot "any" dash, so wouldn't that theoreticly mean that it is be possible to boot even a 1888, 2xxx, 3xxx, 4xxx dash to, since it doesn't "care" what it's booting as long that it gets all the right commands in the boot process?

2 hours ago, BlackZpider said:

Well, yes, as you pointed out Felida, I mentioned that this is a Xenon, from very early 2005, and the fuseset point to that it has been Jtag in a very early state with a dash in the 4xxx range, so there should be no problems with fuseset's or such hardware things. It evem says on a sticker on the MoBo, "X805954-001 Kernel 1888"

But I solved the Xell not booting, seems like I have to reball the membricks to, made a temporary fix for the moment, until I can get this sorted if the board can get the -6717 booting.

I think one problem can be that there was no Bin files folder to the 6717 J-runner dash I made, so I just copied the bin folder from 7371, and I don't think those two probably goes hand in hand. 

I'm totally lost when it comes to coding and how those kind of files works, Bin, Patch, BL and so on, I'm more of the practical type of guy, solder, hardware and such, so that's why these things that's obvious to those who has the knowledge of files is like an alien language to me.

But theoreticly I can add one plus one that 7371 Bin files would be a No Go, to blend with the 6717 dash files :)

So I don't think I've made an correct nand image that would boot,,, on any console,, what so ever.

But the Xell boots fine now, so I have tried to flash some different dashes, 9199 that boots but freezes at the Bootanim everytime,, a 12xxx, boots fine, a 13xxx series that boots fine, another 17511 that boots fine,, a 7371 that don't boot, only green flashing,, no RRoD, and the 6717,, probably made up of wrong files that don't boot, just green flashing, no RRoD.

But now the problem is to find/get a hold on some bin files for the 6717,, if it's even needed, so anyone with more brains than me in that area are more then welcome with any info regarding bin files, are they neccesary for a Jtag nand? What do they do?

What I've red is that a Jtag console would boot "any" dash, so wouldn't that theoreticly mean that it is be possible to boot even a 1888, 2xxx, 3xxx, 4xxx dash to, since it doesn't "care" what it's booting as long that it gets all the right commands in the boot process?

Get the 9199 working... 

That is confirmed to boot the nodded 1888 dash.. hahah

The 1888 dash boted on one of my RGH to, dash,, 14xxx,, I don't remember, was over a year ago.

But even so the 9199 just freezes,, thought I'd try it just for the fun od it,, but not even that would boot properly.

Edit:

I suspected that there was some flaw with the J-runner so I tried another copy of it, so now the console boot 9199 without problems,, tried the 1888 hacked dash, it seems to work better with the 9199, but still some windows opens as 9199 UI.

So it's about 70% of what I'm after,,, but still would prefer if there was a way to get the raw 6717 dash into the nand.

Saw another forum where they discussed how to get the 9199 to boot from an RGH1 console, they managed it after some work, so I suppose it's the same with the 6717 on a Jtag, it should be possible somehow.

16 hours ago, BlackZpider said:

The 1888 dash boted on one of my RGH to, dash,, 14xxx,, I don't remember, was over a year ago.

But even so the 9199 just freezes,, thought I'd try it just for the fun od it,, but not even that would boot properly.

Edit:

I suspected that there was some flaw with the J-runner so I tried another copy of it, so now the console boot 9199 without problems,, tried the 1888 hacked dash, it seems to work better with the 9199, but still some windows opens as 9199 UI.

So it's about 70% of what I'm after,,, but still would prefer if there was a way to get the raw 6717 dash into the nand.

Saw another forum where they discussed how to get the 9199 to boot from an RGH1 console, they managed it after some work, so I suppose it's the same with the 6717 on a Jtag, it should be possible somehow.

You don't have to use just the 1888, you can use the 6717.. the problem, is that the older updates don't include the actual nand stuff.. it's just a bunch of xexp patches.. 

So the hacked 1888 is just for hacked to boot on RGH on higher dashboards? You mean that I can extract teh 6717 SU and run it from the 9199 on the Jtag?

I found another Xenon and zephyr board in the parts shelf I forgotten about, both with some reballing to make,, but unfortunatly the Xenon ran on an lover 16xxx dash and the Zephyr ran on the  8955, but gonna reball them anyways, don't understand why Zephyrs are so unliked, my Halo 3 Ed. Zephyr insta or two cycles boots almost everytime with RGH2 and runs as cool as any Falcon I have.

Well, back to topic :) 

I'm going to try the extracted 6717 on the Xenon, see what happens,, if it'll blow up and make a new hole for a window in the wall or if it'll work.

1 hour ago, BlackZpider said:

So the hacked 1888 is just for hacked to boot on RGH on higher dashboards? You mean that I can extract teh 6717 SU and run it from the 9199 on the Jtag?

I found another Xenon and zephyr board in the parts shelf I forgotten about, both with some reballing to make,, but unfortunatly the Xenon ran on an lover 16xxx dash and the Zephyr ran on the  8955, but gonna reball them anyways, don't understand why Zephyrs are so unliked, my Halo 3 Ed. Zephyr insta or two cycles boots almost everytime with RGH2 and runs as cool as any Falcon I have.

Well, back to topic :) 

I'm going to try the extracted 6717 on the Xenon, see what happens,, if it'll blow up and make a new hole for a window in the wall or if it'll work.

it isnt hacked, per-say lol..

it just has its permissions removed, so it acts like aurora.. and can be ran from anywhere besides the nand portion..

you can open the su file with lefluffie or another similar program.. it does have a dash.xex.. but i dont know if that is all that is required to boot