RealModScene
johnkittz

Trainers stopped working randomly

I downloaded the trainer pack available here which has dragon age trainers. They worked perfectly, but after switching to a bigger storage (250gb) device they will not work. The only one that will work is origins which surprises me since I installed every game as I did before switching and starting from scratch. Anybody know why 2 of the trainers stopped working and it won't load at all (they launch the game but the trainer won't activate or show within the game)

6 minutes ago, johnkittz said:

I downloaded the trainer pack available here which has dragon age trainers. They worked perfectly, but after switching to a bigger storage (250gb) device they will not work. The only one that will work is origins which surprises me since I installed every game as I did before switching and starting from scratch. Anybody know why 2 of the trainers stopped working and it won't load at all (they launch the game but the trainer won't activate or show within the game)

something is off.. are the trainers greyed out?? 

28 minutes ago, felida said:

something is off.. are the trainers greyed out?? 

Nope not greyed out. I even made sure check the TU but of course there the same TU I used before so I'm super stumped right now about what could prevent the 2 trainers from running.

7 hours ago, johnkittz said:

Nope not greyed out. I even made sure check the TU but of course there the same TU I used before so I'm super stumped right now about what could prevent the 2 trainers from running.

Did you try to replace them?? 

19 minutes ago, felida said:

Did you try to replace them?? 

I've tried replacing the trainers, along with trying different TU's to no avail. They worked perfectly 2 days ago, then after changing to a bigger storage device they just stopped. I could try reinstalling everything again.

50 minutes ago, johnkittz said:

I've tried replacing the trainers, along with trying different TU's to no avail. They worked perfectly 2 days ago, then after changing to a bigger storage device they just stopped. I could try reinstalling everything again.

You didn't copy the whole aurora directory did you?? As you SHOULD have started with a fresh copy of aurora on the new hdd

6 hours ago, felida said:

You didn't copy the whole aurora directory did you?? As you SHOULD have started with a fresh copy of aurora on the new hdd

It was a completely fresh copy of aurora. I freshly installed everything when I switched devices.

5 hours ago, johnkittz said:

It was a completely fresh copy of aurora. I freshly installed everything when I switched devices.

Hrm.. ok then.. just making sure mate, wasn't accusing you.. lol.. as it could have been a db issue maybe.. 

How did you transfer everything?? Ftp or usb?? If ftp you could have used a wrong setting on accident.. as some ftp programs default to the wrong type of transfer

44 minutes ago, felida said:

Hrm.. ok then.. just making sure mate, wasn't accusing you.. lol.. as it could have been a db issue maybe.. 

How did you transfer everything?? Ftp or usb?? If ftp you could have used a wrong setting on accident.. as some ftp programs default to the wrong type of transfer

I transferred through USB since I heard it's the safest route.

25 minutes ago, johnkittz said:

I transferred through USB since I heard it's the safest route.

Try transferring via ftp, or different usb device.. the files could be corrupting or something

5 minutes ago, felida said:

Try transferring via ftp, or different usb device.. the files could be corrupting or something

I tried another USB with the same results. I double checked the files and they don't seem corrupted. I also reformmatted both devices with the same result. Lol I swear this stuff could only happen to me.

22 minutes ago, johnkittz said:

I tried another USB with the same results. I double checked the files and they don't seem corrupted. I also reformmatted both devices with the same result. Lol I swear this stuff could only happen to me.

aurora 0.7b correct? are you using the nova plugin??

edit:

do you have the xdk?? if not then there really isnt anything i can think of to help you otherwise...

with xbwatson, you can actually see what is happening when you launch the trainer.. usually.. something is off and the trainer fails to load.. and watson will tell you why, wrong tu/ect..

14 minutes ago, felida said:

aurora 0.7b correct? are you using the nova plugin??

edit:

do you have the xdk?? if not then there really isnt anything i can think of to help you otherwise...

with xbwatson, you can actually see what is happening when you launch the trainer.. usually.. something is off and the trainer fails to load.. and watson will tell you why, wrong tu/ect..

0.5b aurora. Do you think a should upgrade could help? If you have a link or some kind way to get the xdk or xbwatson I can give it a look and see what's really happening. The thing has been a hair pull lol.

Just now, johnkittz said:

0.5b aurora. Do you think a should upgrade could help? If you have a link or some kind way to get the xdk or xbwatson I can give it a look and see what's really happening. The thing has been a hair pull lol.

no i can not.. you can google it.. but we dont support piracy or give links to stuff like that.. and doing so is instaban..

that being said.. trainers should work in 0.5b no problem.. reason i asked is because of the new nova plugin that came with 0.7.. 

3 minutes ago, felida said:

no i can not.. you can google it.. but we dont support piracy or give links to stuff like that.. and doing so is instaban..

that being said.. trainers should work in 0.5b no problem.. reason i asked is because of the new nova plugin that came with 0.7.. 

I'll give it a Google. Hopefully I'll be able to find something out. Just don't know what could could something that has worked so well just stoput randomly. Thanks for being responsive and trying to help I'm sorry I didn't have the correct tools to debug.

6 minutes ago, johnkittz said:

I'll give it a Google. Hopefully I'll be able to find something out. Just don't know what could could something that has worked so well just stoput randomly. Thanks for being responsive and trying to help I'm sorry I didn't have the correct tools to debug.

its not that.. lol.. and i am one of the last trainer makers out that mess with aurora ones.. 

there just isnt a 3rd party version of xbwatson equivalent.. which sucks.. lol..