RealModScene
Bradford717

Connecting to Xell Web Interface Problems

I combed this forum and didn't find anything for this specific topic. I have been through like 10 different versions etc of xell and have a problem connecting into xell.
I have tried various methods. If anyone can post a link for a known working copy for my console just to be sure I'm using the correct one...

My info according to dashlaunch (V3.19 (592) says:
Board: Trinity
Flash: Trinity
Type: Glitch 2
Kernel: 2.0.17526.0
I'm using the HDMI

Methods I have tried and this did work for FSD Rev775 to get into the WebGUI.

I've hooked a crossover cable into the router from the Xbox 360 (Port 1) and a crossover cable from laptop into the router (Port 2) so I know it's on the same network. I left the IP settings at automatic and watched as Xell loaded and showed an IP Address of 192.168.1.99 and opened up my browser on the laptop and tried and it returns the same thing.

<http><head><title>404</title></head>
<body>404 - Document not found</body></html>

I tried manually assigning the xbox and laptop ip addresses (thinking this will eliminate any problems or setting within the router)
Xbox 360:
IP Address: 192.168.0.200
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Prefered DNS: 192.168.0.1

I setup the router to reserve the IP Address 192.168.0.200 for the xbox 360. (Ap Isolation is turned off - all devices can communicate with each other) * That setting is what gets most novice FSD users.
Now on the laptop I manually assigned info
IP Address: 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.0

Prefered DNS: 192.168.0.0

These settings got me right into the FSD Webgui but nothing seems to work for Xell or Xell reloaded. I've tried using normal Cat 5 cables too instead of crossover cables.
I've tried both allowing the xbox 360 and laptop to automatically assign info and manually setting the IP info. I've tried connecting both to the router and tried using a Cat5
cable and a crossover cable right from the 360 to laptop.
Anyone that can help or offer suggestions.
Anything in Dash launch that might be preventing me from connecting? (was my first thought with Live Block and Live Strong but the Xbox 360 Slim (E) doesn't even
have dashlaunch on the hdd.)
I'll recheck to make sure it isn't installed and hidden somewhere but to all knowledge it's not even on the slim (E) and it has the same
problems connecting into Xell.
I've got some really nice consoles and I'd hate to screw these up.

WIN_20180629_22_37_35_Pro.jpg

Questioning myself...thinking of my xbox 360 like a router...the router's ip is 192.168.0.1 when I type that into my browser I get the router's page but this is returning
404 errors....I know it's trying to connect because I see on the 360 "connection closed" after hitting the refresh button on my browser. I've also when using the router
method seen under active connections (router side) "Xell". Is this a problem in my browser?? My router login pages work correctly and I can get into FSD webgui???

Router1.jpg

Router2.jpg

After the router setting and manually assigning the xbox ip xell is giving the ip of 192.168.1.6

On the 360 Trinity:
I tried changing the settings in dashlaunch:
xhttp: disabled=False and tried True
devlink: disabled=False and tried True
Live Strong: enabled= False and tried True
xbox-xell returns "closing connection." "recieved NULL" "closing connection."

13 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

That is wierd, I am fairly certain it should work in 0.993, or the corona compatible xell.

I've tried 0.993 there's been so many I tried but I remember trying the 2 step one.

After reading this (https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/help-with-xell.1261714/)

I'm going to attempt to get xell up and running with wifi opposed to manually connecting into
the consoles. I'm hoping for the best but if this does work someone needs to fix xell as there
are obvious security reasons why someone wouldn't want to download their cpu, dvd, keys
and fuse sets over a wireless internet connection.

No luck when xell loads using wifi connection (with router side reserved ip 192.168.1.99) and launching xell from Aurora file manager which detects the ip as 192.168.1.99
*network init
*initializing lwip 1.4.0.r2...
*requesting dhcp.................................failed
*now assigning a static ip
*starting httpd server.....SUCCESS

3 hours ago, Bradford717 said:

I've tried 0.993 there's been so many I tried but I remember trying the 2 step one.

After reading this (https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/help-with-xell.1261714/)

I'm going to attempt to get xell up and running with wifi opposed to manually connecting into
the consoles. I'm hoping for the best but if this does work someone needs to fix xell as there
are obvious security reasons why someone wouldn't want to download their cpu, dvd, keys
and fuse sets over a wireless internet connection.

No luck when xell loads using wifi connection (with router side reserved ip 192.168.1.99) and launching xell from Aurora file manager which detects the ip as 192.168.1.99
*network init
*initializing lwip 1.4.0.r2...
*requesting dhcp.................................failed
*now assigning a static ip
*starting httpd server.....SUCCESS

iirc, you cant use wifi for it..

and xell is very finicky about its connection..

i DO know, console has to be connected DIRECTLY to router.. using a pc bridge will NOT work.. 

1 minute ago, felida said:

iirc, you cant use wifi for it..

and xell is very finicky about its connection..

i DO know, console has to be connected DIRECTLY to router.. using a pc bridge will NOT work.. 

If your bridge is set up correctly, you should be able to set up internet connection services, and your computer becomes the router. That being said, I do think that you need a DHCP server, because as far as I know there is no way to set a static IP in xell. I.C.S in windows handles this for you. So plug in the cable, turn on ICS on the network card you have hooked up to the xbox, then boot xell. It should get an IP address from the computer, and then they should be able to communicate with each other. 

Just now, gavin_darkglider said:

If your bridge is set up correctly, you should be able to set up internet connection services, and your computer becomes the router. That being said, I do think that you need a DHCP server, because as far as I know there is no way to set a static IP in xell. I.C.S in windows handles this for you. So plug in the cable, turn on ICS on the network card you have hooked up to the xbox, then boot xell. It should get an IP address from the computer, and then they should be able to communicate with each other. 

i always had issues with a bridge.. when it comes to Xell specifically.. i could use said bridge to play link, and get everything else.. just xell wouldnt work

Wierd, I havnt tried it, but a bridge, and routing services are different. A bridge connects 2 NIC's as one, such the wifi and ethernet ports in your router are bridged, so everything is on the same network, and the WAN port is not a part of the bridge. Some firmwares allow you to adjust these things, most stock do not. Assuming the firewall allows, and there is a DHCP server for it to assign an IP address to the Xbox, it should work. If you can ping the IP from the computer, you should be able to access the web service on port 80. That is basic networking 101. Not saying you are wrong, but everything I know about networking, and how data is sent, and multiplexed, it doesnt make any sense that it would only work if plugged in to another device that is in the middle. 

42 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Wierd, I havnt tried it, but a bridge, and routing services are different. A bridge connects 2 NIC's as one, such the wifi and ethernet ports in your router are bridged, so everything is on the same network, and the WAN port is not a part of the bridge. Some firmwares allow you to adjust these things, most stock do not. Assuming the firewall allows, and there is a DHCP server for it to assign an IP address to the Xbox, it should work. If you can ping the IP from the computer, you should be able to access the web service on port 80. That is basic networking 101. Not saying you are wrong, but everything I know about networking, and how data is sent, and multiplexed, it doesnt make any sense that it would only work if plugged in to another device that is in the middle. 

Well I can't test now, as I don't have an rgh to test hahaha.. But yeah xell was picky as hell..