RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Kosti

Noob System LiNK

Rightio, chaps I'm getting there slowly and now I've just discovered LiNK!!

After finally have the consoles setup in the kids rooms I was trying to figure out how to plan "LAN" games, it took me a while but got everything setup and it worked, but just wanted to clear up some steps I took and if this was the correct approach, most was trial and error.

I used CODII which seemed to be the most popular title and went through the motions to join a public game, but could never see the game in System Link to join even after choosing one with a few players, then it dawned on me that my two consoles had the same unity ID & API, so I created a second account one changed the API accordingly and it popped up and could join and we now have 'LAN Play" yipee

Then I wanted to create my own room for the kids to play and set this up with a PW, it took me a while to figure it out that I set it up in System LiNK, I then needed to "create" my game in the CODII title so the other consoles could see it being hosted. I am not sure if this is how it's supposed to work but we now have the 3 consoles working are having a lot of fun,

So A BIG THANK YOU! this is so much fun and we have  the 3 working nicely, as Console 1 Aurora 0.5b, UNITY and RSS off, Console 2 Aurora 0.6b UNITY, RSS off, Console 3 Aurora 0.7b NOVA RSS on (next chance I get is to update them all to latest Aurora0.7b)

Now I don't want to take out the worst parent of the year by having my 5 year old playing CODII with his siblings, could I potentially create any capable LAN playable titles and play them or must they be available of the server to emulate or patched? 

I looked at the list on the wiki (not sure how upto date it is) there are some not too violent games such as Blur/Dirt3 which I was wondering if its possible to achieve the same game play as COD using this wonderful service that I've discovered some years later?

PEACE

Kosti

4 hours ago, Kosti said:

Rightio, chaps I'm getting there slowly and now I've just discovered LiNK!!

After finally have the consoles setup in the kids rooms I was trying to figure out how to plan "LAN" games, it took me a while but got everything setup and it worked, but just wanted to clear up some steps I took and if this was the correct approach, most was trial and error.

I used CODII which seemed to be the most popular title and went through the motions to join a public game, but could never see the game in System Link to join even after choosing one with a few players, then it dawned on me that my two consoles had the same unity ID & API, so I created a second account one changed the API accordingly and it popped up and could join and we now have 'LAN Play" yipee

Then I wanted to create my own room for the kids to play and set this up with a PW, it took me a while to figure it out that I set it up in System LiNK, I then needed to "create" my game in the CODII title so the other consoles could see it being hosted. I am not sure if this is how it's supposed to work but we now have the 3 consoles working are having a lot of fun,

So A BIG THANK YOU! this is so much fun and we have  the 3 working nicely, as Console 1 Aurora 0.5b, UNITY and RSS off, Console 2 Aurora 0.6b UNITY, RSS off, Console 3 Aurora 0.7b NOVA RSS on (next chance I get is to update them all to latest Aurora0.7b)

Now I don't want to take out the worst parent of the year by having my 5 year old playing CODII with his siblings, could I potentially create any capable LAN playable titles and play them or must they be available of the server to emulate or patched? 

I looked at the list on the wiki (not sure how upto date it is) there are some not too violent games such as Blur/Dirt3 which I was wondering if its possible to achieve the same game play as COD using this wonderful service that I've discovered some years later?

PEACE

Kosti

If the game supports lan, yes.. if not, then no.. that list is pretty up2date as there isn't any new 360 games being released

Cool, thanks for the reply

So one API per console, they cannot share the same when trying to LAN game?

Will try and setup a driving game over the weekend and see if I can get it working

If only Daytona was one of those games that allowed it, damn that would be nuts in my house!

EDIT, what will LiNK 2 bring the the table?

PEACE

Kosti

Now we're cooking with gas!

Just tested Blur and runs sweet! Blur even has cool interface for System LiNK

The boys are happy, now to find something for the girls, maybe some tennis..:)

Thanks team, this is really neat

PEACE

Kosti

17 hours ago, Kosti said:

Now we're cooking with gas!

Just tested Blur and runs sweet! Blur even has cool interface for System LiNK

The boys are happy, now to find something for the girls, maybe some tennis..:)

Thanks team, this is really neat

PEACE

Kosti

you can check the list of lan compatible games mate.. might i suggest family game night?? is a fun game to play with the family.. lol

• Like 1

Jimmie Johnson's Anything With an Engine is a fun game for kids and it has system link support.

• Like 1