RealModScene

On 7/5/2019 at 11:22 PM, tayyar said:

Do I take these files from their folders and paste them in my older retroarch folder? Because when I tried to launch them one by one, I couldn't.

How did you transfer them? Cuz no one else has had a problem.. ??

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 8:52 AM, felida said:

How did you transfer them? Cuz no one else has had a problem.. ??

Well I'm a stupid **** mate, I was trying to play Rondo of Blood on PCE and getting Fatal Cras hIntercepted error. Turns out I forgot to put the bios files in \system.

LOL

Thanks a lot for your effort.

1 hour ago, tayyar said:

Well I'm a stupid **** mate, I was trying to play Rondo of Blood on PCE and getting Fatal Cras hIntercepted error. Turns out I forgot to put the bios files in \system.

LOL

Thanks a lot for your effort.

Np mate.. Could have been an ftp issue as well lol

4 hours ago, Mohd Ishaq said:

Thanks felida I hope will update cheat core for mame core run on libretroarch soon.

As far as I know and have tested.. cheat codes work for all systems.. the cheats have to be in proper format though

On 5/17/2020 at 2:38 AM, felida said:

As far as I know and have tested.. cheat codes work for all systems.. the cheats have to be in proper format though

Where Mame Cheat can be found can you gift a links or format tutorial.

The cheat filenames are not fatx compatible. Is it ok to rename them or do they to be strictly in that format?
I have to use an external drive or something then.

29 minutes ago, Risk said:

The cheat filenames are not fatx compatible. Is it ok to rename them or do they to be strictly in that format?
I have to use an external drive or something then.

you can change the names.. i'm pretty sure they are from retroarch team.. but the file extension works, there is a 42 char limit, and no special characters..

plus there is a minor glitch where you cant use double codes, meaning codes that have "code1"+"code2".. 

you would have to manually make 2 seperate codes, and activate them together..

but you can name the cheat files anything you want.. they are individually selected when you load them, they dont load with the rom..

• Like 1

Hi there Unfortunately the navigation in the emulators doesn't work properly for me, In the ROM / Cheats list there is an extremely delayed jump to the next entry. can you fix that somehow

a small search function were cool😁

edit:

I solved my problem myself.

Many thanks to everyone for these great emulators

Some of the info you guy's have put on here has been great ! I know its an old thread but do you have to play roms from usb ? Can't they be placed on the 360 HDD1 ? I've tried and can not see any roms, reading through some older threads i think i have the wrong rom set.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:24 AM, RIGSBY said:

Some of the info you guy's have put on here has been great ! I know its an old thread but do you have to play roms from usb ? Can't they be placed on the 360 HDD1 ? I've tried and can not see any roms, reading through some older threads i think i have the wrong rom set.

It may be the wrong romset. I definately have played from the internal HDD

On 9/7/2021 at 9:24 AM, RIGSBY said:

On 9/13/2021 at 12:50 AM, MKK hanzo said:

It may be the wrong romset. I definately have played from the internal HDD

Depending on the emulator, such as mame, it's the romset..

Now you DO have to place the roms on same device as the emulator.

If your emulator is on USB, you can't have roms on hdd.. it's due to how the emulators are programmed

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply, i did download a romset 0.72 and and the MAME emulator seems to match, tried various paths again but still no joy, i think the romset is not correct so i'll have a look for another, they're not that easy to find. Both emulator and roms are been placed on the HDD.

On 6/13/2018 at 2:32 AM, felida said:

Ok, so i've been picking through the retroarch source on swizzy's guithub.. since they will never release another one haha..

i've changed some things like the menu lists, the menu graphics, and such..

also included is a pre-defined cfg file(no more piecing together file for release) and folders.

Analog is mapped, shaders are enabled and 1 is pre-applied for you, cheats work, cheat menu re-worked to limit text display(no overlapping text).

Menu toggle has also been changed to L3 (left-thumb press)

EDIT:

right trigger is fast forward;

left trigger is toggle cheat(once cheat file is loaded)

right analog left/right(once cheat file is loaded) - scroll thru cheats

ALSO, A button is accept/B is cancel in the menu.. swapped those as well hahahaha

edit 2:

ok, so i made an HD version, the sd/hd versions arent coded to display differently, so one change will change both lol..

included cheat files from:

https://github.com/libretro/libretro-database/tree/master/cht

I've been messing with these today and attempting to get everything right. I see that you set A for accept and B for back in the menu but that makes the buttons wrong in the games. When I change the binds in the cfg file so that they are the way I want them in the game, they are wrong in the menu. Is there any way to make it so that I can configure them to work properly with the games and still make A accept and B back in the menu? I tried changing them in the other input menu but they never save when doing that. This is really needed! Thanks!

On 8/27/2022 at 12:55 AM, Kryptikz said:

I've been messing with these today and attempting to get everything right. I see that you set A for accept and B for back in the menu but that makes the buttons wrong in the games. When I change the binds in the cfg file so that they are the way I want them in the game, they are wrong in the menu. Is there any way to make it so that I can configure them to work properly with the games and still make A accept and B back in the menu? I tried changing them in the other input menu but they never save when doing that. This is really needed! Thanks!

I dont think so.. as for saving, you need to save the config and then exit through the exit option in the menu.

Edit: I don't think you are using my config either.. because I changed it to match console controls.. the defaults are mapped stock to the way you stated 

Edit 2:

Yeah the menu is a accept and in game it is normal as it should.. make sure you have the config file 

Not sure what the folder structure should be, just wondering if you could let me know? Downloaded your file, got Emulators folder. Does it just go in hdd0:\ ? EG: 
hdd0:\Emulators\CaveStoryEngine\
hdd0:\Emulators\Doom\
hdd0:\Emulators\FinalBurnAlpha\
Etc?
And do my rom files go into hdd0:\retroarch\[system]\roms\
or do they go into hdd0:\Emulators\[system]\roms\

33 minutes ago, jasonmbrown said:

Not sure what the folder structure should be, just wondering if you could let me know? Downloaded your file, got Emulators folder. Does it just go in hdd0:\ ? EG: 
hdd0:\Emulators\CaveStoryEngine\
hdd0:\Emulators\Doom\
hdd0:\Emulators\FinalBurnAlpha\
Etc?
And do my rom files go into hdd0:\retroarch\[system]\roms\
or do they go into hdd0:\Emulators\[system]\roms\

It would be hdd/foldername/emuname/roms

As each emu is folder specific..

Meaning you can name the folders whatever you want.. but the roms folder has to be in itself.. 

Example:

Hdd/nes/roms

Hdd/snes/roms

Or 

Hdd/emulators/nes/roms

You cant put snes in gba, etc

If you want covers, the folder name of emulator has to match what is on unity, and the script data of the content has to be set to emulators

• Like 1

Ok, thank you. Im trying to build my HDD Structure before I FTP everything over. So your download/build has the folders named to match whats on unity?

2 minutes ago, jasonmbrown said:

Ok, thank you. Im trying to build my HDD Structure before I FTP everything over. So your download/build has the folders named to match whats on unity?

Honestly, I cant remember as it had been forever.. you can easily rename any folder on pc, via ftp, or via xbox mate without issue.. 

There are multiple selections on unity as well.. 

Example:

Genesisplus360, Sega, etc.

The name isnt going to change the actual properties, just which cover gets loaded.. you can also use the cover downloader within Aurora to select a different cover of you dislike the stock cover(this also works for regular games)

Felida is there any chance you might attempt to bring the n64 core to the 360? Basically its the only system I wanted to emulate (I have been trying to compile it myself, but without any luck). Anyway thanks for the pack and information

On 8/31/2022 at 5:05 PM, jasonmbrown said:

Felida is there any chance you might attempt to bring the n64 core to the 360? Basically its the only system I wanted to emulate (I have been trying to compile it myself, but without any luck). Anyway thanks for the pack and information

unfortunately, probably not.. there is a xell version around.

Damn, ya the xell version doesn't work with any of my 3rd party 360 controllers though (no idea why)... plus it needs to boot xell lol. Thanks for the reply though.

11 hours ago, jasonmbrown said:

Damn, ya the xell version doesn't work with any of my 3rd party 360 controllers though (no idea why)... plus it needs to boot xell lol. Thanks for the reply though.

The reason it is only for xell is due to the overhead.. in xell the whole console is available.. you can also boot xell with dashlaunch iirc.. as for the controller issue, no idea mate

On 8/31/2022 at 5:21 PM, felida said:

Honestly, I cant remember as it had been forever.. you can easily rename any folder on pc, via ftp, or via xbox mate without issue.. 

There are multiple selections on unity as well.. 

Example:

Genesisplus360, Sega, etc.

The name isnt going to change the actual properties, just which cover gets loaded.. you can also use the cover downloader within Aurora to select a different cover of you dislike the stock cover(this also works for regular games)

Do not you rember what is the name of FCE360 (nes emulator) on Aurora server? I try to get cover for this emulator....

7 hours ago, Marty13 said:

Do not you rember what is the name of FCE360 (nes emulator) on Aurora server? I try to get cover for this emulator....

Your homebrew app, game, emulator needs to be renamed exactly how it is on unity for Aurora to be able to see & pull those certain homebrew covers etc. 

So use unity to find that certain cover name & rename your homebrew title to that on your 360. As 95% of the hombrew Title, Media Identification for those apps, games, emulators, dashboards are ZERO's as these never officially released with there own title, media ID as it's a homebrew.

If Aurora is unable to see & find your certain homebrew cover after you renamed it to what unity is displaying. Only way is to manually push your covers over via Aurora Asset Editor to your 360.

• Thanks 1