RealModScene

Ok, so i've been picking through the retroarch source on swizzy's guithub.. since they will never release another one haha..

i've changed some things like the menu lists, the menu graphics, and such..

also included is a pre-defined cfg file(no more piecing together file for release) and folders.

Analog is mapped, shaders are enabled and 1 is pre-applied for you, cheats work, cheat menu re-worked to limit text display(no overlapping text).

Menu toggle has also been changed to L3 (left-thumb press)

EDIT:

right trigger is fast forward;

left trigger is toggle cheat(once cheat file is loaded)

right analog left/right(once cheat file is loaded) - scroll thru cheats

ALSO, A button is accept/B is cancel in the menu.. swapped those as well hahahaha

edit 2:

ok, so i made an HD version, the sd/hd versions arent coded to display differently, so one change will change both lol..

included cheat files from:

https://github.com/libretro/libretro-database/tree/master/cht

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, felida said:

since they will never release another one

i dont believe that, because there are huge changes in the build processes and that was still ongoing.

But nice mod tho, i like it, will try it out soon

15 minutes ago, saywaking said:

i dont believe that, because there are huge changes in the build processes and that was still ongoing.

tbh the only thing changing would be the user interface.. as the "cores" havent been changed much lol.. they did some restructuring of their code tho.. 

so yeah lol.. once i get better acquainted with more on the code side, i will release updates.. lol 

edit:

also i think it would take some serious xui knowledge to do their "playstation" menu setup they currently have.. via tabs and such.. lol.. this would be my reasoning for them not releasing another one, as well as no netplay; or ability to download cores.. lol.. unless Ro is going to chip in and teach them.. BUT afaik that wont happen as the retroarch team is "for the lack of a better analogy" dicks.. lol.. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much for this mod! But why no mame2003 core? And Sega Genesis cheats not works, and UI is flicking and totally strange...

2 hours ago, nanohuman said:

Thank you very much for this mod! But why no mame2003 core? And Sega Genesis cheats not works, and UI is flicking and totally strange...

What you mean ui is flickering?

And the Sega cheats should work.. if they are in correct format

Felida, on your video, the chosen menu option is highlighted. On Sega Genesis core, highlight not working. Chosen menu option highlights for a millisecond, then it turns default color and there is no way to see what menu option i've chosen.

About cheats: i'm using .cht files from https://github.com/libretro/libretro-database/tree/master/cht/Sega - Mega Drive - Genesis but maybe my roms versions just incorrect.

And it will be great to see Mame2003 core with this your additions and modifications, since libretro dont care about 360...

11 minutes ago, nanohuman said:

Felida, on your video, the chosen menu option is highlighted. On Sega Genesis core, highlight not working. Chosen menu option highlights for a millisecond, then it turns default color and there is no way to see what menu option i've chosen.

About cheats: i'm using .cht files from https://github.com/libretro/libretro-database/tree/master/cht/Sega - Mega Drive - Genesis but maybe my roms versions just incorrect.

And it will be great to see Mame2003 core with this your additions and modifications, since libretro dont care about 360...

the mame version didnt compile, but i fixed that lol.. 

my video is of sd resolution, i havent messed with the hd side, but i will now since i got a rgh again.. give me a day or 2

On 6/13/2018 at 10:01 AM, saywaking said:

They likely won't release a new Xbox 360 version, doesn't mean they've stopped updating it...

RetroArch is a multi-platform project, it is not Xbox 360 specific

Swizzy, do you know reasons, why they stopped updating x360 version? There was a news around year ago that they will support xbox 360 again, and since then they keep silence...

56 minutes ago, nanohuman said:

Swizzy, do you know reasons, why they stopped updating x360 version? There was a news around year ago that they will support xbox 360 again, and since then they keep silence...

I believe because most of the features that are available on everything else, can't be ported.. 

That and there isn't any updates to the 360 emulators. Retroarch is just a frontend.. doesn't actually do anything to the emulators. 

36 minutes ago, nanohuman said:

Any news? Cant wait to play standalone fixed versions of emulators with cheats! And cant wait for mame core!

yeah i was tweaking the ui of the HD side, unfortunately you cant change one without touching the other.. lol..

but i will re-upload another version in a few

9 hours ago, nanohuman said:

Thank you!

uploaded and fixed the issue with cheats.. was my error.. but now the "apply cheats" button also brings up a text to let you know cheats have been toggled via menu

ALSO.. cheats such as "BCDE-FGHI+BCDE-GFHJ" and "7FFxxx:XX" dont work..

they need to be changed to 1 code per, or remove the colon ":" from the PAR codes

7 hours ago, nanohuman said:

Thank you very much! Seems like your MAME core have no issue with crackle sound in UMK3.

No.. lol.. I imported that change a while ago.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

where is the download for this? 

PS I am just so impressed with everyone's input for the Aurora builds & the emulators - makes PS3's seem like a Flintstones car. (pain in the arse with eboot & pkg & irisman & webman & etc & etc & etc .... just to play a game!)

Thanks

1 hour ago, doctor_rasputin said:

where is the download for this? 

PS I am just so impressed with everyone's input for the Aurora builds & the emulators - makes PS3's seem like a Flintstones car. (pain in the arse with eboot & pkg & irisman & webman & etc & etc & etc .... just to play a game!)

Thanks

that last part, of the first post.. lol

thanks felida - missed the hidden contents bar - was just scanning for a highlighted link....

once again appreciate your (& others) work on the scene,

cheers from down under

Thanks a lot, man. I've been waiting for a new Retroarch release because the current official one has no shader support which honestly sucks. Really appreciate this mod.

On 6/13/2018 at 5:04 AM, felida said:

tbh the only thing changing would be the user interface.. as the "cores" havent been changed much lol.. they did some restructuring of their code tho.. 

so yeah lol.. once i get better acquainted with more on the code side, i will release updates.. lol 

edit:

also i think it would take some serious xui knowledge to do their "playstation" menu setup they currently have.. via tabs and such.. lol.. this would be my reasoning for them not releasing another one, as well as no netplay; or ability to download cores.. lol.. unless Ro is going to chip in and teach them.. BUT afaik that wont happen as the retroarch team is "for the lack of a better analogy" dicks.. lol.. 

i know this topic is old, but apparently, some commits have been made on d39 driver on retroarch. I think they are trying to make the xmb work. xmb uses is own files, fonts and other stuff and it doesnt need the xui files-interface to work. Maybe there's still some hope to people who stiil waiting for a new retroarch 360 version.

23 minutes ago, cmkn_1983 said:

i know this topic is old, but apparently, some commits have been made on d39 driver on retroarch. I think they are trying to make the xmb work. xmb uses is own files, fonts and other stuff and it doesnt need the xui files-interface to work. Maybe there's still some hope to people who stiil waiting for a new retroarch 360 version.

Even if there is a new retroarch version.. it would just be a UI update.. as there is no updates to the cores.. lol.. 

But anyone could code an interface without use of the xui.. 

Do I take these files from their folders and paste them in my older retroarch folder? Because when I tried to launch them one by one, I couldn't.